Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok just curious, but are the Intel and non-12v lithium battery THAT big of a deal? I know everyone has different opinions, but is it really bad enough to not take possession?

For me, yes. I've held out on Model Y to work out first-revision issues. I pulled the trigger because the revisions (AMD, dual pane, heatpump, all season tires, heated wipers) were enough for me to go in. All of these are deal breakers.

Just to be verbose:
  • AMD processor is important because the UI responsiveness is important.
  • Dual pane, for 70k for a car I want something quieter than my Rav4
  • heatpump, this was a engineering fail but heatpumps are super efficient tech
  • All-seasons tires, I live in New England
  • Heat wipers, gone through two winters with heated wipers in my rav4 and they are amazing in New England freezing rain.

Not sure how i feel about 12v Li battery but might as well lump it in 🤣

Ok just curious, but are the Intel and non-12v lithium battery THAT big of a deal? I know everyone has different opinions, but is it really bad enough to not take possession?
While Atom chipset is adequate to perform the current task on hand, the Ryzen chipset will outperform the current Atom. I think if you look over the whole package: new chipset, 12V Li-Ion battery, and heated wiper stay that package will help a lot depending on your region. Right now the northern regions would love to have heat wipers for winter. The 12V Li-Ion battery is to prevent dead battery start errors during start up or while driving. Finally, from what Ive been told the Ryzen chipset does not have issues with camera lag with the new UI.

Exactly… if it were one or two things, I’d probably take delivery. At this point there’s a bunch of features that are so close to being upgraded. Some vastly improved. There’s also the question of when exactly will all these upgrades be solidly in place. The fact they rolled back to intel brings up a ton of questions like did they possibly find an issue with the AMD processor… I’m exhausted though.

Reactions: Cindyt
I'll just be happy when I get the Y and it seems like it will be much faster than anticipated.

I'm just annoyed that Tesla doesn't seem to have their crap together and the employees make it seem like you are the problem.

I'm not blaming the employees though Tesla as an organization still seems to have a lot to work through.

I get it they are getting crushed but they really need to work on this now as the competition increases.

For me, yes. I've held out on Model Y to work out first-revision issues. I pulled the trigger because the revisions (AMD, dual pane, heatpump, all season tires, heated wipers) were enough for me to go in. All of these are deal breakers.

Just to be verbose:
  • AMD processor is important because the UI responsiveness is important.
  • Dual pane, for 70k for a car I want something quieter than my Rav4
  • heatpump, this was a engineering fail but heatpumps are super efficient tech
  • All-seasons tires, I live in New England
  • Heat wipers, gone through two winters with heated wipers in my rav4 and they are amazing in New England freezing rain.

Not sure how i feel about 12v Li battery but might as well lump it in 🤣
Thank you for this response! I was genuinely curious if I should be more informed on these changes, and this helps!

I’m in Iowa, so I would also love the all weather tires, but I’ve heard those have been appearing on a lot of them so far. Heated wipers would be nice for sure. With the heat pump, I haven’t heard much about the % of that being in there yet; are a lot lately coming with that or no?

Exactly… if it were one or two things, I’d probably take delivery. At this point there’s a bunch of features that are so close to being upgraded. Some vastly improved. There’s also the question of when exactly will all these upgrades be solidly in place. The fact they rolled back to intel brings up a ton of questions like did they possibly find an issue with the AMD processor… I’m exhausted though.
-Pure speculation - but I doubt there was/is any issue with the AMD/15v battery combo. Much more likely this a chip shortage/supply chain issue, where AMD is unable to supply the full required demand (I understand PS5 utilizes the same chip) for Tesla right away. Tesla knew that they wouldnt be able to until the end of quarter and publically stated thats when the crossover would occur. So they kept sourcing Intel to supplement their demand. Plenty of customers willing to buy a MY as is with Intel.