Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any feedback would help. MYP edd of 3/17-3/27. This is my first EV and it would mostly be driven work commuting work. I am leasing the car and finished all credit app and docs. Just waiting for VIN at this point. Purpose of the lease is obviously it being my first EV, I don't know if I can commit to it in a longer haul.
Needing some helpful advices if I should buy and resell after a few years. apprx miles/yr 7-8k, which is much less than 10k/yr for the lease contract.
Supply and demand in an open market are cyclical. Because of the pandemic and war car prices are at an all time high.

If this insanity ends in a few years, I predict car prices will plummet dramatically.

At least that’s what my crystal ball says since you’re asking us about the future. ;)

I know, which is why I need to keep or change it before my car comes EOQ (according to SA)
100% buy it. It's the way more sensible financial decision. And again, with values being as they are, it will be a better return for you whenever you exit.

Also, buying gives you more flexibility if you end up not liking the car or like it so much you want to upgrade. Case in point, I bought a MYP, and I already decided to buy a MXP. I don't have to worry about haggling through a lease... will just sell the MYP. Likely at a profit.

Reactions: KCLK11
100% buy it. It's the way more sensible financial decision. And again, with values being as they are, it will be a better return for you whenever you exit.

Also, buying gives you more flexibility if you end up not liking the car or like it so much you want to upgrade. Case in point, I bought a MYP, and I already decided to buy a MXP. I don't have to worry about haggling through a lease... will just sell the MYP. Likely at a profit.
This is exactly where I'm at. Especially with the price hike, I think they will hold value. Guy above is right too, I do think it will plummet once we go back to "normal" days, but I also did read an article about Tesla restricting buybacks after lease because they need those retired lease cars for taxis and a deal with the rental car companies. This also might be the reason why they are buying cars significantly higher than what Carmax quotes you.

Reactions: MrKashima
Thanks for this. I immediately texted my SA and explained I don't want an Austin 4680 car. I recall talking about it once, and realize now he might have added that crap to some notes on my account.
According to the SA, I might still be matched since my EDD is still 3/15-3/19. This EDD will be pushed out for sure tomorrow. Hope not though. I asked the SA to make a note that I'm OK with Fremont build.