Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me I like the firmer ride vs. MYLR and the way it handles when you punch it. My 2020 MYLR was a little squirrelly when I floored it. Those are the most noticeable. I also like the way it sits a little lower and I like the 21" wheels.
This is what I was looking for, thank you! I know the physical differences, but not the “feel” differences.

Also, I think it’s been brought up here, but making sure; to anyone that’s been in a Model 3 and a MYP, the MYP still feels higher off the ground for sure right? Or is only the MYLR where you truly feel the height difference?

Looks like the Model Y’s coming out of GigaTexas will be SR+ models for now. Folks wanting Austin Y’s are going to have to wait a bit longer :)

Attachments

• 1F6F2B1C-0D98-48EA-BC90-89F537199A26.jpeg
    1F6F2B1C-0D98-48EA-BC90-89F537199A26.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 85
This is what I was looking for, thank you! I know the physical differences, but not the “feel” differences.

Also, I think it’s been brought up here, but making sure; to anyone that’s been in a Model 3 and a MYP, the MYP still feels higher off the ground for sure right? Or is only the MYLR where you truly feel the height difference?
My Brother has a 3, I definitely feel higher up in my MYP.

• Love
Reactions: KRS1017
Took my MYP off hold yesterday and my new EDD is June 10th - July 22nd. Just some info for anyone who is on the fence for whether you should take it off or not.

OOD : 11/15/21
Received VIN on 2/28 and put in hold
MSM
Black interior
No tow
No FSD
Woah, others were getting re-VINed within days.
EDD of June '22 is surprising given your MYP OOD is Nov '21.
Certainly puts things into perspective as to when to take order off hold. Thanks for sharing.

As others said, there is still a chance for the EDD date to move up.

Ordered November 2021 MY LR black on black

Estimated delivery was always June 2022, which was perfect since we were planning on moving this spring.

Didn’t mess with the loan portion since it’s valid for only 90 days so profile wasn’t completed.

Just checked after a couple months and now delivery is sept 2022!!!! Wtf

I updated to cash and have now completed the profile….but wow! At a loss of words

• Disagree
Reactions: Sto88
Ordered November 2021 MY LR black on black

Estimated delivery was always June 2022, which was perfect since we were planning on moving this spring.

Didn’t mess with the loan portion since it’s valid for only 90 days so profile wasn’t completed.

Just checked after a couple months and now delivery is sept 2022!!!! Wtf

I updated to cash and have now completed the profile….but wow! At a loss of words
This is the Model Y PERFORMANCE thread. :)

Being in houston, curious if you had any small defects with home delivery enough to schedule a fix? Or was everything 100% up to par? how much time did you thoroughly check the car when they delivered
The guy was here maybe 20min and would have stayed longer, I did not find anything that needed to be addressed and the delivery went very well. Just got back from Discount Tire, decided to purchase warranty certificates for these pricey tires after seeing a similar post from a member.

The guy was here maybe 20min and would have stayed longer, I did not find anything that needed to be addressed and the delivery went very well. Just got back from Discount Tire, decided to purchase warranty certificates for these pricey tires after seeing a similar post from a member.
May do the same, I have had them on every car but thats usually due to me purchasing the tires with them directly. Didn't know you can still purchase a road hazard certificate on tires that aren't purchased from there but good to know

Reactions: Soap

We have both Performance versions of the Y&3. The Y feels quite a bit bigger and taller.

• Love
Reactions: KRS1017

I have a MYP and during one of the services they had me in a M3. There are a few day and night difference between the two - space vise.
1) It sits way higher off the ground - even the lowered MYP versus regular MY
2) I am 5'8'' and I kept hitting my knee on the steering wheel of the M3 - Never happens with my MYP
3) Trunk space for sure and even the back seat appears to be bigger.

Woah, others were getting re-VINed within days.
EDD of June '22 is surprising given your MYP OOD is Nov '21.
Certainly puts things into perspective as to when to take order off hold. Thanks for sharing.

As others said, there is still a chance for the EDD date to move up.
No problem. And I hope you are right that the date moves up. I'm retiring in June and will be on vacation for three weeks, right in the middle of my current EDD. 🤣

Thank you everyone for the responses! I had a Model 3 for a couple years before selling it for my upcoming delivery next week of the MYP, but I’ve only sat in a MYLR in a show room before, so I’m REALLY excited reading everyone’s opinion that it still sits quite higher and feels a lot bigger overall. Can’t wait! Thanks again

Reactions: CaliX and ink124