Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car today and love it. It has the AMD proc, heated wiper park, Michelin AS tires, and double pane front windows. Rides way, way, way (yes) better than my parents’ 2020 MYLR with induction wheels. It’s also quieter. No egregious issues with body panel alignment, but there were some very minor paint issues and blemished window trim that will be taken care of at a service center later. The worst issue was a badly misaligned fog light unit. This was documented and will be fixed at a service appointment. Happy to take any questions here. View attachment 781815
Congrats! Can you provide a close up pic of the misaligned light? Did you use a checklist to go over the car, curious the kind of detail you used to go over the car for issues? Thanks!

Reactions: andebria
Picked up the car today and love it. It has the AMD proc, heated wiper park, Michelin AS tires, and double pane front windows. Rides way, way, way (yes) better than my parents’ 2020 MYLR with induction wheels. It’s also quieter. No egregious issues with body panel alignment, but there were some very minor paint issues and blemished window trim that will be taken care of at a service center later. The worst issue was a badly misaligned fog light unit. This was documented and will be fixed at a service appointment. Happy to take any questions here. View attachment 781815
Awesome congrats. Get my blue in a couple weeks can't eait

Any of you been through the process of declining and putting your account on hold for a short period of time?

We matched but it is an "older" VIN (F393) and it has most of the newer goodies but not all. We're going to decline but I've read how some end up matching back to the same VIN so you have to put your account on hold. Is that all done through an SA? Do I hold for a day, a week, longer?
I was able to hold my order to end of July (out of country), just texted my SA (using the same number they provide you when you order online) and explained my situation. The hold showed up on my acct 2 days later.

Congrats! Can you provide a close up pic of the misaligned light? Did you use a checklist to go over the car, curious the kind of detail you used to go over the car for issues? Thanks!
I’ve been lurking on these forums long enough that I have a pretty good mental checklist. I did take a look at the GitHub one before going. Can be found by googling but let me know if you can’t find it.

I looked at every part of the interior and exterior in detail as well as under the front bumper and rear bumpers. I paid close attention to the paint, the edges of the door and body panels and looked for uneven gaps. Here are some pics of the issues I found.

List of issues in the pics:
1. Fog light is not flush with the bumper. There’s a gap large enough at the point that you can fit the tip of your pinky in. Also, the other fog light is better aligned.
2. The matte black window trim on both sides was stained with some overspray that denatured alcohol could not remove.
3. The matte black window trim near the hatch was scraped down to the bright colored aluminum it’s made of.
4. Front edge of passenger door panel has 2 small paint chips and a scrape. Only way this seems possible is that it was hit during assembly.

Attachments

• 7853A7BB-92A4-4F65-B81F-27107F073927.jpeg
    7853A7BB-92A4-4F65-B81F-27107F073927.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 112E383B-40FE-4B4B-9AEA-973B97263F25.jpeg
    112E383B-40FE-4B4B-9AEA-973B97263F25.jpeg
    531.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 7194291F-8733-433C-9530-55C8332ECC7E.jpeg
    7194291F-8733-433C-9530-55C8332ECC7E.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 1998F0EB-43A2-4851-ABEF-7E5FE7D0361D.jpeg
    1998F0EB-43A2-4851-ABEF-7E5FE7D0361D.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 4E2348BC-4C7D-4B28-8426-E0D729BACC1F.jpeg
    4E2348BC-4C7D-4B28-8426-E0D729BACC1F.jpeg
    547.8 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Sindar27
I’ve been lurking on these forums long enough that I have a pretty good mental checklist. I did take a look at the GitHub one before going. Can be found by googling but let me know if you can’t find it.

I looked at every part of the interior and exterior in detail as well as under the front bumper and rear bumpers. I paid close attention to the paint, the edges of the door and body panels and looked for uneven gaps. Here are some pics of the issues I found.

List of issues in the pics:
1. Fog light is not flush with the bumper. There’s a gap large enough at the point that you can fit the tip of your pinky in. Also, the other fog light is better aligned.
2. The matte black window trim on both sides was stained with some overspray that denatured alcohol could not remove.
3. The matte black window trim near the hatch was scraped down to the bright colored aluminum it’s made of.
4. Front edge of passenger door panel has 2 small paint chips and a scrape. Only way this seems possible is that it was hit during assembly.
So did Tesla agree to address those issues?

I just received this text below :

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.

I just received this text below :

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.
What for real