Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am too cheap to get wall connectors so I have NEMA 14-50 and 6-50 in my garage. I have been using mobile chargers since 2017 to charge both Tesla. No issues so far. With my 3rd Tesla, I am considering a wall connector so that two cars can share.
I thought about doing this because I'm usually painfully cheap. But I didn't want to leave home without a charger. Are you taking your charger with you all the time or do you just know you will be home every night?

I thought about doing this because I'm usually painfully cheap. But I didn't want to leave home without a charger. Are you taking your charger with you all the time or do you just know you will be home every night?
You just dropped $70k on an MYP, splurge another $1k and get the charger! Then you can keep your mobile charger in the trunk well at all times.

Reactions: Deuce and tm3dlr
I finally got around to installing mine this weekend. Easy as cake.
57CF0067-0714-4FC0-8ECD-38ACB5577FB7.jpeg

Reactions: Deuce
Well that's all folks! See you around the other parts of the forum. VIN 3999XX, 9 miles on the clock. Detail was rushed but car was in great shape. The drivers door was misaligned but they fixed it in a half hour. I do have a slight rattle in the passenger front door, but i added it to the service request for when Homelink came in. Had mudflaps but they were out of stock of PPF. They offered to put it on for me when it comes in but the thought of them "detailing" more swirls into my paint means I'll probably just pass and hope for the best. I had to laugh when I reset the Model 3, it got stuck in a black screen. Car would turn on but the screen wouldn't. We both agreed that it's there problem now.

My favorite part of the delivery was that in accepting the terms and conditions of my Fremont MYP that Tesla now has the right to release Austin MYP Specs and VINS.

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg
IMG_1922.jpg

I’ve always wondered this, but never had the audience to ask….why are people so protective of their full VIN? It isn’t connected to anything and there isn’t a security risk I can see associated with the whole VIN. So why the secrecy?
Partly Tesla does no real checking with data security when you call in you can give them a vin or reservation number and usually they'll just start talking to you. I often wonder the same thing about license plates which you know are always visible.

I bought a 2013 Model S and installed a 240 outlet (or whatever its called). I'm now getting a new 2022 S and a 2022 MYP. Can I use that outlet for both new cars?
Yes, It will work! I did a little over kill! I am running 2AWG about 3' with a 100 amp breaker and my charge rate on the Tesla Gen 3 charger is set to it's max at 48 amps which charges about 39 miles an hour with 232v on a 2022 MYP! The older S models had the ability to charge around 80 amps, but the newer chargers are limited to 48 amps max. (Each breaker is 110v to 120v. Double breakers are 220v to 240v. Amps is the amount of current flow, more amps = faster charge rate) 48 amps at home is probably the sweet spot for keeping the charge cable from getting too hot while charging... Super Chargers while not constant have been known to charge up to 1032 miles an hour... However, realistically only average 6x faster than a home charger at 48amps.. Hope that gives some clarity and helpful info! Only had my MYP for less than a month and have over 1,300 miles on it... Loving it! Almost flawless! (bug sealed in my camera side pillar) small scratch inside door jamb.... It's not a show car! Paint is light inside the jambs and joints, some small imperfections here and there... But, panel gaps are really good and overall it looks pretty amazing! Delivery took 4 1/2 months, but worth it! Very Happy with the car...

Released my hold 3/22/22
KY (pick up OH)
Black/Black/no tow/no FSD- Performance
OOD: 2/8/22
EDD: June-July

Delivery date updated today.
EDD now April 9th-27th. I was really planning on June -July. Not sure if I’m excited or not. In all honesty it could go back the June tomorrow in classic Tesla fashion. But it seems like they are pushing on MYP’s fairly quickly to those who have older orders

Partly Tesla does no real checking with data security when you call in you can give them a vin or reservation number and usually they'll just start talking to you. I often wonder the same thing about license plates which you know are always visible.
Right, but even then, can anything be done with that? Will they change an order or registration info or anything of import without verification of some sort of info?

Released my hold 3/22/22
KY (pick up OH)
Black/Black/no tow/no FSD- Performance
OOD: 2/8/22
EDD: June-July

Delivery date updated today.
EDD now April 9th-27th. I was really planning on June -July. Not sure if I’m excited or not. In all honesty it could go back the June tomorrow in classic Tesla fashion. But it seems like they are pushing on MYP’s fairly quickly to those who have older orders
I’m hoping after the quarter is over delivery updates will be a little more accurate. Seems hard to believe that June/July would be accurate for a car ordered in mid Q1 since that’s still the quoted timeframe for new orders. And a full quarter away…

Yes, It will work! I did a little over kill! I am running 2AWG about 3' with a 100 amp breaker and my charge rate on the Tesla Gen 3 charger is
Yo you need to downsize that breaker, it's there to protect your car and the charger. If something goes wrong, it won't trip until your charger, car, and house are literally on fire.