Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 5/06 black/black no extras (5/08 tasks completed)

5/06: August 31 - October 12
5/12: June 19 - July 24
5/17: May 30 - June 13
5/22: June 5 - June 8 (I got a VIN!)

Feeling very blessed that I got a VIN this quick. Thankfully doing the trade-in stuff after receiving the trade-in text did not hold me back at all from getting a VIN.
Unreal

I think the only way for someone who ordered MYP in late Feb/March to get their car this quarter is to switch lines to the MYLR line and then do the switch back to the MYP line. Then you’ll get to hop in front of where you originally were patiently waiting.
Yeah no that’s not how it’s been working. You’d go back to your same spot in line (confirmed this by briefly switching our MYP back to a LR and then back again. EDD went back to the same range). It’s the people who originally ordered before February that are jumping to the front. Switching to a MYP back whenever we did so did not bump us to the front of the line; we’re right in line with other MYPs ordered around our original order date.

Feeling very blessed that I got a VIN this quick. Thankfully doing the trade-in stuff after receiving the trade-in text did not hold me back at all from getting a VIN.
This may have been the fastest I've seen yet. Congrats.

Reactions: arch0n
I just installed the parcel cover. I’m going to take it for a spin to see if it sounds different in the rear of the Y. I noticed the echo’s coming from the hatch. My Wife’s Toyota sounds the same when her cargo parcel cover retracted vs it being pulled all the way out.
1653230581420.jpeg

1653230596924.jpeg

1653230620772.jpeg
It does dampen some of the echo. Not as good as a Venza with hatch but better than without. I would say 25%- 35% less of a echo.

Words fail me at this point. Congrats!

Well, I’ve had 4 windows between 8 and 14 days before my current 5-week EDD 6/13-7/18. Congrats to everyone that got their VINs after their first 2-week EDD. To the others still waiting, hang on and try to enjoy the ride!

But, hope springs eternal and I fully support your prediction that March (or earlier) orders will get a VIN by EOQ!
You're right, your EDDs have jumped all over the place. Bizarre.

Have you talked to your SAs about this?

I really struggle with the logistics here. Multiple people with the same config who have been waiting for months and then an order gets instantly fulfilled. I’m genuinely asking the forum how this happens. You’d think it would be a huge red flag for Tesla.

And congrats to the OP, certainly no your fault.

I really struggle with the logistics here. Multiple people with the same config who have been waiting for months and then an order gets instantly fulfilled. I’m genuinely asking the forum how this happens. You’d think it would be a huge red flag for Tesla.

it’s means they are getting a reject or a no show car. That’s literally the only way this happens if you’re outside of Cali.

Definitely not a normal scenario. I’ve heard many mention it could be rejected VIN in cases of early deliveries. Can’t imagine the next black/black at that delivery location is a May order and nothing in between.

it’s means they are getting a reject or a no show car. That’s literally the only way this happens if you’re outside of Cali.
Not necessarily. I have mentioned before the example of one order I noticed for my exact config placed the day after mine that was built and delivered to the East coast in less than four weeks. Current VIN and latest goodies at the time. New build. It happens. Lucky guy.

I do find some comfort in these boards as folks post VINs and pictures. It suggests to me that the cars actually do exist and there is some real possibility that I might actually someday obtain one. Then all this foolishness will just be a forgotten bad dream.

Or it could simply be a vast conspiracy....

Last edited:
For what it's worth, it's an F448 VIN that's set to be delivered in the Cleveland area on 06/04. Hopefully this can help gain some insight. Sorry all, I hope you all do get your orders soon. 😥
The system really just feels random if you live outside of Cali. Even when it starts to follow some logistical pattern, something crazy like your order pops up and disrupts any reason to it. Even lately, many March orders are getting VINs while our Jan and Feb orders still aren't getting VINs.

Instant VIN means many things, but I would personally be on the lookout for a masterpiece of Gaps and Dents. And Truly hope it's not the case, I don't have any hard feelings, just a bit envious if anything.
On the other hand, I am seeing users VINned with MYP original orders that that around my date. I've had 2 weeks Windows for a long time and I am getting frustrated...