Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many stories have we heard about people switching from a MYLR to a MYP and getting a VIN within a week or two? Meanwhile us idiots who ordered a MYP to begin with are stuck waiting watching interest rates go up and our trade-ins value go down.
It will happen. I was an idiot that ordered the MYP to begin with because I liked all of the items that came with it. And am not super needy for long range as I live in a small town. But I did finally get a vin and now just scheduled my delivery date in June.

My original order was a LR 3/2/2022. Then I upgraded to P and switched back and forth like 3 times. 5/22/22 was when I upgrade from LR to P for my final time and next day 5/23/2022 had VIN assignment. EDD when I made the change was September-October 2022. I think the trick is to keep changing your order between LR and P and they will just give you a VIN. 😂

My original order was a LR 3/2/2022. Then I upgraded to P and switched back and forth like 3 times. 5/22/22 was when I upgrade from LR to P for my final time and next day 5/23/2022 had VIN assignment. EDD when I made the change was September-October 2022. I think the trick is to keep changing your order between LR and P and they will just give you a VIN. 😂
Good for you but WTF. This is ridiculous

Pathetic

I consider myself to be a pretty level-headed person, but the LR to P switching stuff has me at a boiling point that I haven't reached in a long time, lol. I almost have to assume that half of the people posting that stuff are trolls. Either that or they really have no self awareness or shame :/

At the end of the day it IS Tesla's fault, but come on, enough is enough

How many stories have we heard about people switching from a MYLR to a MYP and getting a VIN within a week or two? Meanwhile us idiots who ordered a MYP to begin with are stuck waiting watching interest rates go up and our trade-ins value go down.
A few pages back someone jokingly suggested that the fastest way to get your car is to order a MYLR and then immediately switch to MYP. There may be some truth to that because I've seen a number of folks who placed a MYLR order after MYP orders yet the person who switched got their vin before the MYP order. Lots goes into when someone actually gets a car but it has happened enough that I'm becoming suspicious that switching may be given priority regardless of OD. I could be wrong but it is happening fairly regularly.

I consider myself to be a pretty level-headed person, but the LR to P switching stuff has me at a boiling point that I haven't reached in a long time, lol. I almost have to assume that half of the people posting that stuff are trolls. Either that or they really have no self awareness or shame :/

At the end of the day it IS Tesla's fault, but come on, enough is enough
I wonder if this loophole can be reported to Tesla and for them to do something about it 🤦‍♀️

EOQ is my biggest worry now, as well as my trade offer expires on 6/18
So I see everyone freaking out about EOQ. I am still optimistic that I will get mine before quarter end (June 30). IF for whatever reason it gets pushed to next quarter how long will it actually be delayed will they not produce cars in July? Trying to figure out what the big fuss is about getting pushed to next quarter to better understand...

Reactions: VegasMYP
So I see everyone freaking out about EOQ. I am still optimistic that I will get mine before quarter end (June 30). IF for whatever reason it gets pushed to next quarter how long will it actually be delayed will they not produce cars in July? Trying to figure out what the big fuss is about getting pushed to next quarter to better understand...
First month of the quarter is almost always a dead zone. They used the first month this quarter for ramping up Hertz, so I have no doubt they will do something similar again. If we miss this quarter, then August would likely be our best shot.

First month of the quarter is almost always a dead zone. They used the first month this quarter for ramping up Hertz, so I have no doubt they will do something similar again. If we miss this quarter, then August would likely be our best shot.
I see... is there any data behind that or is that just a one-off? I cant imagine them delaying Production until August with the queues being this backed up

Reactions: VegasMYP