Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/5 MYP MSM with white interior and with tow option. Got delivery update today to October 16 to November 27. Later than I was expecting, hopefully it gets moved up earlier some. Added trade info this evening to see what they would offer for my 2019 model 3 performance. I know the trade offer will probably expire before I get the car but just wondered what they'll offer.

Ordered 7/5 MYP MSM with white interior and with tow option. Got delivery update today to October 16 to November 27. Later than I was expecting, hopefully it gets moved up earlier some. Added trade info this evening to see what they would offer for my 2019 model 3 performance. I know the trade offer will probably expire before I get the car but just wondered what they'll offer.
Congrats and welcome. I think the average wait time is 3-4 months for the MYP.

We had an interesting experience for our MYP ordered back in April. We scheduled to pick up our car at the nearest delivery/service center and went over last week. A relatively quick inspection yielded numerous body gap issues, panels not being flush with windows, headlight and taillight positioning issues, some paint defects (though these paint issues were correctable), and a quick peek inside the cabin showed that some of the fabric hadn't been appropriately tucked into the pillars. Had we spent more time on a detailed walkaround it would have been worse, so we rejected the car.

A few days later we were assigned another VIN, but after checking the VIN spreadsheet here we guessed it was built around mid-May. When we called Tesla, they confirmed that it was a May 15th build that had only been assigned to one buyer and they had to reassign the VIN when he couldn't "get funding together". With Tesla jamming cars out at the end of Q2, and only giving customers 3 days to pick up an arrived car before reassigning, how is this timeline possible? Nervous we're getting a rejected VIN, though Tesla says it wasn't "rejected".

I also ordered my MYP on 7/5, but I picked White/White/Tow and got my first EDD 9/7-10/16. I was actually considering the MSM (my other 1st choice), but if it's a month longer wait, then white it is! LOL

I'm also in the process of seeing what my 2018 Model 3 is worth in a trade-in even though I know I won't get the MYP within 30 days. It will help me decide what I want to do with selling it. I've been hearing about people getting pretty high offers for 2019 Model 3s, so hoping mine is close to theirs.

How did you get assigned an SA? Did they reach out to you?
A day or so after I placed my order I got a text message from George Akbar who introduced himself as my Sales Advisor. He was able to change my delivery location from Chesterfield MO to Bloomington IL so I could qualify for a new IL $4K EV cash rebate. The system wouldn’t let me do that. So that was a major help to me.

Oddly, Tesla said the car was never rejected by the customer and was never in for service / repair. Possible they are lying to us and the customer rejected due to quality concerns but Tesla just never fixed the issues?

We are suspicious of the timeline given how aggressive Tesla has been but they are forcing us to look at the car otherwise if we reject now they will cancel our order.

I almost had an alike scenario. I got a text on the 30th of June that I was assigned a vin. Checked the app and sure enough there was a vehicle matched to me. This was 12 pm EST. AT 2 pm I get a call from a SC (not my local SC). The SA states he’s assisting my SC and states there is a vehicle at the SC and if I can accept delivery I’m next in line to receive. I noticed earlier that the vin was in the F44* range and on here I noticed others with vins closer to F49* and above. I asked if this was a rejected car or if there was any known issues with it. He simply responded and said it was not a reject yet the original customer that ordered this vehicle is now looking for a MYLR. Mind you I had only just sent my info to my CU probably a half hour after I was notified of a vin. I told the SA I couldn’t accept delivery, he “totally understood” and said that I’d be put back in line and this vehicle would be sold to the next person. All in all not upset since I didn’t want to be rushed regardless on the 30th. The SC must’ve been wild that day.

I almost had an alike scenario. I got a text on the 30th of June that I was assigned a vin. Checked the app and sure enough there was a vehicle matched to me. This was 12 pm EST. AT 2 pm I get a call from a SC (not my local SC). The SA states he’s assisting my SC and states there is a vehicle at the SC and if I can accept delivery I’m next in line to receive. I noticed earlier that the vin was in the F44* range and on here I noticed others with vins closer to F49* and above. I asked if this was a rejected car or if there was any known issues with it. He simply responded and said it was not a reject yet the original customer that ordered this vehicle is now looking for a MYLR. Mind you I had only just sent my info to my CU probably a half hour after I was notified of a vin. I told the SA I couldn’t accept delivery, he “totally understood” and said that I’d be put back in line and this vehicle would be sold to the next person. All in all not upset since I didn’t want to be rushed regardless on the 30th. The SC must’ve been wild that day.
Was that your first rejection? Your car being quickly pushed out at end of quarter is what I would expect. I would have expected them to do the same with this mid May build.

Apparently they only give us two before cancelling the order. So I’m obligated to accept a two month old VIN because the last car they tried to give had build issues.

A day or so after I placed my order I got a text message from George Akbar who introduced himself as my Sales Advisor. He was able to change my delivery location from Chesterfield MO to Bloomington IL so I could qualify for a new IL $4K EV cash rebate. The system wouldn’t let me do that. So that was a major help to me.
We can get a rebate if we pick up in a state that has one even if we don’t live there??

We can get a rebate if we pick up in a state that has one even if we don’t live there??
Not the new Illinois rebate. You have to reside in Illinois at the time of delivery and at the time the rebate is issued. Perhaps the person who changed their delivery from Missouri to Illinois also has a home in Illinois? If so, I would think it needs to be the primary residence on their tax forms, but that is only a guess.

I also ordered my MYP on 7/5, but I picked White/White/Tow and got my first EDD 9/7-10/16. I was actually considering the MSM (my other 1st choice), but if it's a month longer wait, then white it is! LOL

I'm also in the process of seeing what my 2018 Model 3 is worth in a trade-in even though I know I won't get the MYP within 30 days. It will help me decide what I want to do with selling it. I've been hearing about people getting pretty high offers for 2019 Model 3s, so hoping mine is close to theirs.
Now you have me thinking I need to change my color to white lol. I wish they gave better delivery estimates on the website because the color isn't a big deal to me. I'd just go with whatever is first available.