Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Purchase - 14-50 Plug Installed - Have Questions in SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.. I was looking at the box where the electrical panels are for the building - there isn't alot of room, but I THINK I may be able to get the HWC in there. I will consult on the cost associated with the upgrade, but since we already have the 6gauge wire in there and it all looks set up properly, I know the job won't be too extensive.
To my knowledge, this was permitted as I used the vendor of the building owner. I just paid for it myself - the only blunder was that it was installed without the gfci breaker...

Reactions: davewill
So.. I was looking at the box where the electrical panels are for the building - there isn't alot of room, but I THINK I may be able to get the HWC in there. I will consult on the cost associated with the upgrade, but since we already have the 6gauge wire in there and it all looks set up properly, I know the job won't be too extensive.
To my knowledge, this was permitted as I used the vendor of the building owner. I just paid for it myself - the only blunder was that it was installed without the gfci breaker...
The Tesla Wall Connector Installation Manual provides the recommended clearance dimensions.

The Tesla Wall Connector comes with Torx security screws for mounting. Of course a copper thief could just cut the charging cord. You can program the Wall Connector to only enable charging of specific Tesla vehicle VINs.

Tesla Gen3 Wall Connector Installation Manual

Reactions: Bucketz