Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent NYC order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone in the NYC or tri state area has taken delivery or at least received a VIN in the last 2 weeks. I know there was a big Q1 push at the end of March but am curious to see if any MY ordered after the quarter have started to ship to the east coast. I ordered a MY on 4/2 and my delivery estimate has been around May 1 - May 16. I ordered black exterior, white interiors, induction wheels, no tow, no FSD. Thanks!

We've been firmly at May 29 - June 18 for about a week now; taking delivery in Springfield, NJ.

My wife and I just moved out of NYC about 8 months ago - UWS. How do you plan on keeping charged up? We considered purchasing when we lived in the city but a garage with charging anywhere near us was going to charge $750 a month. That was a hard pass for us.

Mt. Kisco pick up here.

2/24/21 - Ordered to lock in price drop, showed 4 week delivery
2/25/21 - VIN assigned for delivery within a week, asked to be put on hold until 4/20 :cool: to align with lease ending mid May
4/6/21 - Hit I'm ready since I got spooked since times were in the 6-10 week range
~~ Delivery fluctuating between April 25 to May 25, moved many times. ~~
4/18/21 - VIN assigned, 179xxx. Waiting for SC to call as they don't need me bugging them when the car takes at least a week to go across the country.
4/20/21 - Mt. Kisco called. Car scheduled to arrive 5/2, pickup scheduled for a few days later.

LR AWD, 5 seater, White on white, 19" Gemini, no Tow, no FSD

I pushed button on LRMY5 blue on 4/6 (after they sent the “order by 4/20 or order is canceled “ email (Musk’s “Cancel Culture”)).

taking delivery in Mt. Kisco instead of BKLYN.
Here are my dates (delivery window changes randomly):
4/6 — 4/30 to 5/20
4/9 — 4/29 to 5/19 ( my lucky day)
4/15 — 5/26 to 6/15 (what a difference 6 days make, 1 month Delay? )😤
4/16 (6:18 pm) — 5/22 to 6/11 (lucky day (again) “move ahead 4 days”) 🙂
4/16 (7:54 pm) — 5/19 to 6/8 (looking better! But 2 updates in 2 hours?)
4/17 — 5/14 to 6/3 (looking REALY good, saved 6 more days in 1 day)
4/18 — 5/25 to 6/15 (UGH! looking REALY BAD)
4/19 — 5/27 to 6/16 (UGH! Totally going in the WRONG direction)
Same status today.

this is Candy Land with “chutes and ladders.”

so someone asked this on another thread: What gives with the computer program running logistics and delivery from a company that has the arguably best AI in its cars and tech?

Or is delay due to some unforeseen events? is this delivery date fluctuation happening to other north eastern buyers?

Adding my story here. I’m located in northern Jersey, a bit outside of NYC. Placed my order on 4/5. My dates have yo-yo’d similar to everyone here. My date has stabilized on 5/27-6/16.
MY, LR, black/black, induction wheels, tow hitch, no FSD

Slid another day this morning. May 7th now. At least the back end is staying put at May 18.

As far as charging, we live in South Brooklyn, so we are luck to have a garage to park and charge. Model Y barely fits in there. I have two inches of clearance in the front and 4 inches in the back. Found an awesome plug in ultrasonic car parker on Amazon. It actually counts down how many inches that you have to your parking goal in the front.

IMG_5252.jpeg

Reactions: Mr_Bob
Slid another day this morning. May 7th now. At least the back end is staying put at May 18.

As far as charging, we live in South Brooklyn, so we are luck to have a garage to park and charge. Model Y barely fits in there. I have two inches of clearance in the front and 4 inches in the back. Found an awesome plug in ultrasonic car parker on Amazon. It actually counts down how many inches that you have to your parking goal in the front.

View attachment 655667

This is so cool!

It looks like there 4 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance within 200 miles of zip code 11206. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for a VIN for LR/20/Red/Tow, order placed on March 30th.

View attachment 655667
Nice. South Brooklyn here, too. Ordered Wh/Wh 20" No-FSD LR 7 seater. After a lot of moving around on dates, i received my 178XXX vin a couple of days ago with a range of 4/29 to 5/5! Wall connector hopefully going in this week.

From what I have seen in YT videos, the Tesla infotainment also counts down the inches up front!

I am sitting at May 14th - June 3rd. MY LR Team Blue, Black, 19" with a Tow Hitch. Mt. Kisco pickup, ordered on 3/27. Hopefully all of ours will get put on the same train and truck soon...:) I have a backpacking trip planned from 5/15 to 5/26 and I can already see what is going to happen...

Reactions: with_raiden