Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent NYC order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has the "Tesla Train" left for Chicago yet? I still don't have a VIN and if the train leaves without my car on it I expect it will be June before I see it. In looking at the spreadsheet it seems like Tesla sends their cars in big shipments to the east coast with a significant wait between shipments. I don't live near any of the "delivery" centers but I wonder if there are any cars being delivered since the end of March in NYS. The last month has been interesting trying to figure how Telsa's logistical system works...:)

My estimate inched forward from 5/13 - 6/1 to 5/14 - 6/1 this morning before switching to "6 - 10 weeks from order placed date." For me, May is good, June is not, but I will figure it out either way. I'm taking delivery in Westchester, but test drove in another state in March where a SA said that delivery would be end of June. Sounds like EOQ was the standard response. I'm trying to recall if people get VINs after their estimate switches to the range in weeks from order date.

Can someone picked up the car in NYC share the pre-delivery experience? After the VIN is assigned, when did you get the text message to schedule the delivery? when did you upload the car insurance proof? I am thinking it should be after the delivery day is scheduled. How did you provide the final payment? Does Tesla allow to provide the check at the time of pick up the car?

Can someone picked up the car in NYC share the pre-delivery experience? After the VIN is assigned, when did you get the text message to schedule the delivery? when did you upload the car insurance proof? I am thinking it should be after the delivery day is scheduled. How did you provide the final payment? Does Tesla allow to provide the check at the time of pick up the car?
so not in NYC but picking up over in Paramus. The text message for me came about 5-6 days after the vin? I uploaded the insurance that day, I got on the phone with my insurance company immediately. Final payment was so easy, they use ACH (clearing house). I put over half down in cash. That was taken directly out of my checking, I am financing the rest. That can be done the day of but I like to be done earlier, in the event that they have earlier delivery slots they could choose me because everything is already done. My delivery appointment is May 10.

I pushed button on LRMY5 blue on 4/6 (after they sent the “order by 4/20 or order is canceled “ email (Musk’s “Cancel Culture”)).

taking delivery in Mt. Kisco instead of BKLYN.
Here are my dates (delivery window changes randomly):
4/6 — 4/30 to 5/20
4/9 — 4/29 to 5/19 ( my lucky day)
4/15 — 5/26 to 6/15 (what a difference 6 days make, 1 month Delay? )😤
4/16 (6:18 pm) — 5/22 to 6/11 (lucky day (again) “move ahead 4 days”) 🙂
4/16 (7:54 pm) — 5/19 to 6/8 (looking better! But 2 updates in 2 hours?)
4/17 — 5/14 to 6/3 (looking REALY good, saved 6 more days in 1 day)
4/18 — 5/25 to 6/15 (UGH! looking REALY BAD)
4/19 — 5/27 to 6/16 (UGH! Totally going in the WRONG direction)
Same status today.

this is Candy Land with “chutes and ladders.”

so someone asked this on another thread: What gives with the computer program running logistics and delivery from a company that has the arguably best AI in its cars and tech?

Or is delay due to some unforeseen events? is this delivery date fluctuation happening to other north eastern buyers?
More shifts for Mt Kisco delivery:
4/30 5/27-6/16
5/3-5 Dates disappear
5/5 6/2-6/22
5/7 6/1-6/21

so originally on 4/6 it was a 3-1/2 to 6 week delivery window. Today, about 4 weeks later, it is more like a 8-11 week delivery window (from date of order). [LRMY5DMB (only selected option)]

(will Elon’s comedic timing on SNL be better than his company’s delivery timing)?

For those on the fence, NY also adjusted their EV credit effective June 30. Only vehicles that are less than $42k and get more than 200 miles range qualify for the full $2000 credit. The model Y would now only receive $500 back at purchase.

@Danross89 I caught this today, bummer. There goes $1,500 down the drain.

For those on the fence, NY also adjusted their EV credit effective June 30. Only vehicles that are less than $42k and get more than 200 miles range qualify for the full $2000 credit. The model Y would now only receive $500 back at purchase.

Does it mean I have to take delivery before June 30th? What if I place an order now but won’t take delivery until after June 30th?