Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

recommendation needed for outdoor wall charger post setup for commercial building in GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I am looking for someone to help me setup a outdoor wall charger post that look similar to the photo attached. It will be used mostly for myself and customer parked in my work place building parking lot. I own the building and the lot. Do you know anyone in GTA can do that? Thank you.

HPWC 3 small.jpg

Looks like a cedar 4x4 and 2x4 screwed together. There's probably a hole cut through the 4x4 for the electrical feed from the junction box mounted on the back. I'd guess that there is a cement footing poured below with an inset post hole mount.

Someone who's put up a fence and an electrical contractor? If you are handy with a level, you can probably put up the post yourself?

Sorry that's not so helpful from a turn key solution perspective :(

Do you have any idea of how far the proposed location is from the panel that feeds your building, or if you have enough space (likely because it's a commercial building). My guess is you will have 3 phase power (most commercial locations do), so you'll have 208V somewhere. Then the question is whether you want to go full 48A (requires 60A breaker and corresponding gauge of wire), and 48A is the max a Model 3 will charge at on L2. You could drop to 32A service/40A breaker which is what 99% of Publix stations offer and plenty fast for workplace top ups.

Now to do all that work... definitely need an electrician. Depending on how far the parking spot is from the panel you might need to dig/trench a line out to that spot.

One thing you might want to consider is making the station a J1772 plug because you mention it would be for you and customers. Anyone without a tesla would have a j1772 so that's the most flexible. I believe you can get the tesla chargers with a j1772 on it.

Do you have any idea of how far the proposed location is from the panel that feeds your building, or if you have enough space (likely because it's a commercial building). My guess is you will have 3 phase power (most commercial locations do), so you'll have 208V somewhere. Then the question is whether you want to go full 48A (requires 60A breaker and corresponding gauge of wire), and 48A is the max a Model 3 will charge at on L2. You could drop to 32A service/40A breaker which is what 99% of Publix stations offer and plenty fast for workplace top ups.

Now to do all that work... definitely need an electrician. Depending on how far the parking spot is from the panel you might need to dig/trench a line out to that spot.

One thing you might want to consider is making the station a J1772 plug because you mention it would be for you and customers. Anyone without a tesla would have a j1772 so that's the most flexible. I believe you can get the tesla chargers with a j1772 on it.[/QUOTE
Hello all,

I am looking for someone to help me setup a outdoor wall charger post that look similar to the photo attached. It will be used mostly for myself and customer parked in my work place building parking lot. I own the building and the lot. Do you know anyone in GTA can do that? Thank you.

View attachment 494167
Hello all,

View attachment 494167
in case you weren’t aware of it, Tesla has a program for commercial properties whey they will give you a charger and will pay for your electrician to do the installation as long as you make the charger available to the public and you pay the electric bill. The application is on their web site.

Looks like a cedar 4x4 and 2x4 screwed together. There's probably a hole cut through the 4x4 for the electrical feed from the junction box mounted on the back. I'd guess that there is a cement footing poured below with an inset post hole mount.

Someone who's put up a fence and an electrical contractor? If you are handy with a level, you can probably put up the post yourself?

Sorry that's not so helpful from a turn key solution perspective :(

Is that a 14-50 on the back of the post? That addition would really make the charger cross compatible.