Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recreating the NY Times Road Trip - Feb 15-17, 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huge thank you to Rob and Peter for letting me ride in their Model S's. Had a really great time today. Uploading photos and videos right now and will post here and on my blog later tonight. looks like the guys just made it to Milford supercharger station.

Twitter / TeslaRoadTrip: #TeslaRoadTrip We just arrived ...

here are some videos. more to come soon

Tesla Road Trip - YouTube

Tesla Road Trip - YouTube

Tesla Model S Road trip - YouTube

some photos from my twitter - more soon

Twitter / strassenversion: Deleware supercharger station ...

Twitter / strassenversion: #TeslaRoadTrip passing through ...

Twitter / strassenversion: #TeslaRoadTrip almost underway ...

I guess Aaron is cranking the heat. I'm so glad I decided to add the climate telemetry to the tweet stream. :)

BTW, did anyone notice my different adjectives for the interior climate? They include "comfortable", "cozy", and "warm". Free reputation point to the first person to figure out the temperature ranges I use for each adjective.
comfortable = 65-72
cozy = 72-78 (maybe 77)
warm = 78+

pretty cars

8479819893_f8361515e5_z.jpg

Thank you for posting the video of the Supercharger ...

I read the original article and thought it was way off and then followed the various banters back and forth.

The one question that I had was, how easy is it to locate the Superchargers?

Intuitively, I knew that TSLA wouldn't 'hide' the Superchargers nor make them difficult to locate.

It remained a lingering question, until now.

At this point, it is clear that John Broder's reporting was inaccurate and intentional.

Having been interviewed by writers, I've also been subjected to 'fact checking' by the publications.

I'm surprised that the NYTimes did not do any fact checking on this article.

Thanks again for posting the video of the Supercharger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Story was an agenda driven hatchet job sold as journalism. Broder's getting notoriety, what he should get is fired. Did he (or anyone at the NYTs) REALLY think he wouldn't be called on his nonsense? I'll thank you guys in Milford when my $tock goes back up on Tuesday! :tongue: ML

Last edited:
Guys this has been great. I was just looking over NY Times article. Broder drove to Stonington CT for dinner before driving to Groton to spend the night (about 12 miles apart). you may have your plans locked in... but perhaps at least one car could cover these miles? Not that it's essential you have the exact route as Broder, there will be range remaining data when you get back to Milford tomorrow to show the trip was doable.

and PureAmps thanks for setting up the data tweeting... what a difference your efforts have made. lots of fun watching the live "black box."

Last edited: