Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR red/black all standard
OD: 1/19
EDD: Mar 4-31
Iowa

i ordered the Tesla charger and scheduled an electrician installation yesterday. This is my first EV, and now everything feels very real! I’ve been driving a big ole’ F150 super crew for more than 20 years and use a cassette tape adapter to listen to music on my phone. Seriously. Lol. This isnt Just a change from ICE to electric for me. It’s a change from analog to digital as well. I was originally waiting on the cybertruck, but gave up on expecting that within the next 2-3 years. The price drop sealed the deal, and I’m all in. CAN. NOT. WAIT!
Congrats! Once it arrives I’d love to hear your experience, that’s a big change!

Reactions: monkft
Congrats! Once it arrives I’d love to hear your experience, that’s a big change!
funny enough, my F150 is old enough that it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the new ones have. there's not plastichrome buttons everywhere and there's very few controls. the actual driver arrangement isn't too far off from the model y. my gear shift is on the right on the steering column and my wipers are on the left, and there's very little else except A/C and cassette. can't even listen to AM/FM because my antenna broke off a decade ago. lol. I've had the opportunity to drive a friend's 2020 MYLR and felt right at home. but a quick test drive and using it daily will be very different. just having the ability to listen to music or see a map without touching my phone will be amaze-balls.

UPDATE: EDD updated to 2/15 to 2/21

Got my VIN overnight (Austin). When I checked at 6 am there was no VIN. At 7 am VIN appeared online, and at 8 am Tesla texted me with my VIN (still no email). I was actually about to write that Tesla did not contact me about the VIN and then I got the text. So it definitely takes a few hours to get the notification about your VIN being assigned.

Red/black/5 seat coming from ATX -> BOS

UPDATE: EDD updated to 2/15 to 2/21

Got my VIN overnight (Austin). When I checked at 6 am there was no VIN. At 7 am VIN appeared online, and at 8 am Tesla texted me with my VIN (still no email). I was actually about to write that Tesla did not contact me about the VIN and then I got the text. So it definitely takes a few hours to get the notification about your VIN being assigned.

Red/black/5 seat coming from ATX -> BOS
Congrats!!

Interesting! Source?

1675445382389.png

Reactions: GoGators!