Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah interesting to see an order on 1/3 and 1/16 with same delivery date range right on this page, and mine is 2/8 to 3/8 which is pretty close too. I do think they've decided to do one big red batch in the factory any day now (before 2/8 anyway) and then start shipping them to various locations.

I guess one difference is Gator is the latest delivery date I've seen for the 1/13 batch but he has a lot of extras(7 seats and white interior) and an order with less extras on 3/15 or 3/16 (mine and CP4966) might end up being the same date.

Really wishing I had my VIN so I could be more confident in ordering items within a safe delivery window for returns if they don't fit (floor mats for example). I'd also like to set up my insurance and sell my current car but gotta wait for that VIN to move forward!

I'm about a week out on the start of my delivery date window. I still have hope to get it in Feb because the service advisor told me he was betting it'd be early. Not sure if they just say that to make you happy though...

Yeah interesting to see an order on 1/3 and 1/16 with same delivery date range right on this page, and mine is 2/8 to 3/8 which is pretty close too. I do think they've decided to do one big red batch in the factory any day now (before 2/8 anyway) and then start shipping them to various locations.

I guess one difference is Gator is the latest delivery date I've seen for the 1/13 batch but he has a lot of extras(7 seats and white interior) and an order with less extras on 3/15 or 3/16 (mine and CP4966) might end up being the same date.
Yeah. I am guessing same. :)

Well, may be the lone wolf here. Red/black MYLR, 7 seat, 19". First ordered a MYLR MSM/black 5 seat in mid Sep 22; changed to 7 seat a few days later. Changed to red the first of Dec. By the time I changed my order the last time, I got a changed EDD of Dec 22. That is where it sat all during the blizzard of craziness at the end of the year.

I resigned myself on missing out on all the goodies when I got the update to my order in Jan, lowering the price (while upping the cost for the 3rd row). when that happened my EDD went to mid Feb to mid Mar. It is now sitting at 07 Feb - 07 Mar budged.

Because it's TESLA, not betting on anything just playing the Tesla lottery.

Update on my prior post
Michigan

MYP Red
Ordered Jan19
VIN Jan25
Text for Delivery: Feb 1
First Delivery Appt and pickup will be Feb 10!
Cant wait!

I called them around Jan 28 just to be annoying and ask when the delivery text will be coming and the center said car is on a train to Chicago after which they will put it on a Truck and shipped to Clarkston MI Tesla Ctr. They would text for delivery appointment when they get the car on truck in Chicago.
Sure enough today I got the text we all wait for 🤣😩.

Their orig estimate of Feb 3 to Feb 14 were spot on!

How do you call a SA? I’ve never received a text, and when I go to the local sales/service center, they tell me they can’t help me because I ordered online and I need to talk to the national team.
I called the only tesla center in Michigan in Clarkston. Googled their number. But when I called it seems to be the national line. I pressed 1 for Cars and 1 for New purchase(or sometuing like that) then said Buying New Car. The automated voice transferred me to a person at the Clarkston center. They were super nice and knew the process well.
If you call the regular Tesla Number(which I also did) I was told they only know what my app knows.. and were not helpful. Anyhow calling doesn’t do anything other than relieve… momentarily the anxiety of waiting for a sweet new car ;). I was on my way to work this morning amd the text was a nice surprise!!

Reactions: imperialhippy
MYLR red/black all standard
OD: 1/19
EDD: Mar 4-31
Iowa

i ordered the Tesla charger and scheduled an electrician installation yesterday. This is my first EV, and now everything feels very real! I’ve been driving a big ole’ F150 super crew for more than 20 years and use a cassette tape adapter to listen to music on my phone. Seriously. Lol. This isnt Just a change from ICE to electric for me. It’s a change from analog to digital as well. I was originally waiting on the cybertruck, but gave up on expecting that within the next 2-3 years. The price drop sealed the deal, and I’m all in. CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Well, may be the lone wolf here. Red/black MYLR, 7 seat, 19". First ordered a MYLR MSM/black 5 seat in mid Sep 22; changed to 7 seat a few days later. Changed to red the first of Dec. By the time I changed my order the last time, I got a changed EDD of Dec 22. That is where it sat all during the blizzard of craziness at the end of the year.

I resigned myself on missing out on all the goodies when I got the update to my order in Jan, lowering the price (while upping the cost for the 3rd row). when that happened my EDD went to mid Feb to mid Mar. It is now sitting at 07 Feb - 07 Mar budged.

Because it's TESLA, not betting on anything just playing the Tesla lottery.
Wow, you are playing the Tesla lottery... and winning (in a weird way). I'm sure you pissed you didn't get the car last year, but by waiting you have saved a ton. You'll get the car... someday...

How do you call a SA? I’ve never received a text, and when I go to the local sales/service center, they tell me they can’t help me because I ordered online and I need to talk to the national team.
That is a bull *sugar* excuse the onsite Tesla Delivery Center are there to assist and educate the buyers whether your order was online or not . You should not except this excuse ask to speak to a supervisor. You just happen to ask a lazy tesla employee.