TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red or White Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by osubuckeyes88, May 23, 2018.

1. osubuckeyes88

osubuckeyes88 Member

I'm having a very difficult time deciding between a red or white model 3. For people who have seen them in person, which would you recommend?

2. SoCalMom

SoCalMom Member

3. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Oh geez, red without a doubt!

• Like x 1
  4. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

I really wanted white, but it just doesn't do it for me on the 3. Just looks too bland and boring. Also the pearl white is hit or miss on color matching between the metal and plastic bumpers. There are a couple threads here that showed people with issues. That potential isn't necessarily specific to Tesla, most other manufacturers that offer pearl white have this issue from time to time.

I'm not a red car person, but I think the 3 looks very sleek and sexy in red.

5. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

I am in the same boat. I have had many white cars, including a white model S, and I really think I am leaning on a red 3, even if I have never been a red car person.

• Like x 1
  6. gambit48

gambit48 Member

Personally, I'm a white car person all the way.

That said, if you're an OSU fan, I think a red car with white/silver accents would work better than white with red/silver accents.

I like white mainly cuz of the heat. I prefer white pearl over plain white, but the red is a pearl effect too so it's a wash to me if you don't care about heat.

7. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

The reason you are having such a hard choice is because you are not picking the obvious answer: a blue Model 3

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

For me, I tend to stay away from red cars, they seem to have a little more attraction for law enforcement officers.
    My wife has the 2018 Leaf in red, sitting next to a M3, I like the Leaf color a lot more, it's deeper and richer.

I'm going with blue, but I'm happy if everyone else goes with some other color, it makes mine more unique.

Also, to be considered is temperature. A white car will be much cooler in the summer, something important in Georgia. And a black car will be much warmer in winter, something important in Maine.

9. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

My bro in law has the white, I have the red. While the white does look nice. the red is next level.

• Like x 1
  10. Kenriko

Kenriko Vendor

Red.

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  11. Boodasmurph

Boodasmurph New Member

Red, of course!

O-H...

12. osubuckeyes88

osubuckeyes88 Member

What do you mean next level? Could you go in a little more detail? I haven't seen them in person but I love red. White has a clean look which I love. Heat is no concern for me.

13. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

In my opinion the red is amazing (aka next level). It's got a slight shimmer to it and it's lovely. The white is not a bad choice, but seeing both in person side by side (multiple times) I believe I made the "right" choice ;)

14. osubuckeyes88

osubuckeyes88 Member

Does your family member who has the white like your red more? Or does he like his white more? I placed my order in already for white but already second guessing myself.

15. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

He does like the white. Never asked him if he liked it better than the red though, so not sure on that.

16. beantownrich

beantownrich Member

Definitely Red! I love how its a different color depending on the light.

IMG_1889.jpg

• Like x 3
  17. JohnC

JohnC Member

White IMG_1197(Edited).jpg

• Like x 3
  18. Kenriko

Kenriko Vendor

Red!!! (photo war!) IMG_2474.jpg IMG_2507.jpg

• Like x 3
  19. drawfour

drawfour Member

The correct answer is red.

• Like x 1
  20. ProtonSF

ProtonSF Member

I got white and am seriously regretting it. A) there is a ton of white ones on the road, probably more popular than any other color. and B) even though I applied a sealant right after getting the car, bird poop has already turned parts of the hood yellow-ish.