Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red pill or Blue pill? Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys

I put in an order for my first Tesla a few days ago, and I have until tonight to choose the color. I am down to red and blue, and I am having a hard time deciding. I went to the delivery center in Phoenix yesterday and just stared at both for a long time (attached). Right now I'm leaning blue, but every time I pop up a YouTube video, I see how beautiful the MC red is (not much love for blue out there).

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_9306.JPG
    IMG_9306.JPG
    572.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_9307.JPG
    IMG_9307.JPG
    630.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9308.JPG
    IMG_9308.JPG
    671 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9309.JPG
    IMG_9309.JPG
    687.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9310.JPG
    IMG_9310.JPG
    660 KB · Views: 82
I had two red S’s ...very nice color but very common as everyone gets that or white ..blue does look better in person ..if u want to separate out somewhat from crowd the blue does look nice :eek:

Reactions: adaptabl
I'm a blue car kind of guy. However, like many blue fans out there.. I just don't like the model 3 blue. It's too dark. It only looks amazing in the perfect light and even that feels like a stretch sometimes.

Versus the red that pops all the time. And I'd never normally get a red car. But this thing shines in that red.

I went with red.

Color is of course completely personal I have a red S and love it. When i dropped it at the repair shop yesterday I saw two red 3s and I have to say red didn't do it for me on the 3.

As to red being popular, I see many Ss around here and few of them are red. There are a bunch at the parking garage at the train station and none of them are red. Of the 3s I've seen on the road, none of them have been red. Maybe red just isn't for the fuddy duddies in the NY burbs.

Personally I am going for white on white in my 3. I do think white looks good but more importantly the car will eventually be shipped to Hawaii where I'd rather not bake. Had several silver cars in the past but never a white. Swore off black after a black Escalade....looked great for about 10 seconds after washing. Do like the Tesla blue though.

Hi guys

I put in an order for my first Tesla a few days ago, and I have until tonight to choose the color. I am down to red and blue, and I am having a hard time deciding. I went to the delivery center in Phoenix yesterday and just stared at both for a long time (attached). Right now I'm leaning blue, but every time I pop up a YouTube video, I see how beautiful the MC red is (not much love for blue out there).

Any thoughts?

Are you going to drive your car in person or watch someone drive it on YouTube?

I drive my car, I don't watch it on YouTube.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I narrowed my choice to the same red or blue. The blue looks great in the light but is too close to black out of the sunlight. The red changes as well but looks great both in light or dark...kind of like getting two versions of red for the price of one. Went for the red and NO regrets! Of course my last name being Redburn had nothing to do with my decision!

View attachment 319181

Custom rims? Your car looks great!