TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red pill or Blue pill? Help!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by chr147, Jul 22, 2018.

1. chr147

chr147 Member

Hi guys

I put in an order for my first Tesla a few days ago, and I have until tonight to choose the color. I am down to red and blue, and I am having a hard time deciding. I went to the delivery center in Phoenix yesterday and just stared at both for a long time (attached). Right now I'm leaning blue, but every time I pop up a YouTube video, I see how beautiful the MC red is (not much love for blue out there).

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. miltymoots

miltymoots Member

I really really prefer the RED over the blue. Personal choice though

• Disagree x 1
  3. M109Rider

M109Rider Member

Definitely a personal choice, but everyone knows blue is much faster.

Not as fast as the white ones, but faster than red. :)

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  4. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

Can’t go wrong either way. If it were me I’d be going red.

• Disagree x 1
  5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I had two red S’s ...very nice color but very common as everyone gets that or white ..blue does look better in person ..if u want to separate out somewhat from crowd the blue does look nice :eek:

• Like x 1
  6. smalltownguy

smalltownguy Member

Red

• Disagree x 1
  7. felixculpas

felixculpas Member

I'd consider red if it was a P but otherwise blue.

• Like x 2
  8. kwazi7

kwazi7 Member

I'm a blue car kind of guy. However, like many blue fans out there.. I just don't like the model 3 blue. It's too dark. It only looks amazing in the perfect light and even that feels like a stretch sometimes.

Versus the red that pops all the time. And I'd never normally get a red car. But this thing shines in that red.

I went with red.

• Like x 3
  9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Given that you're even bothering to ask, I'd say that you care way too much about other peoples' opinions.

Since you care so much, the correct answer is blue. Not just because it's the better color, but because nobody has ever said "Have you seen his blue car? He's such an attention-seeker."

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Always the classic ‘cops are attracted to red’ meme for what that’s worth. :D

Love my X in blue, as it seems to be different in different lights (bright sun, shadow, etc.).

• Like x 1
  11. PhatCat

PhatCat Kisco Kid

Color is of course completely personal I have a red S and love it. When i dropped it at the repair shop yesterday I saw two red 3s and I have to say red didn't do it for me on the 3.

As to red being popular, I see many Ss around here and few of them are red. There are a bunch at the parking garage at the train station and none of them are red. Of the 3s I've seen on the road, none of them have been red. Maybe red just isn't for the fuddy duddies in the NY burbs.

Personally I am going for white on white in my 3. I do think white looks good but more importantly the car will eventually be shipped to Hawaii where I'd rather not bake. Had several silver cars in the past but never a white. Swore off black after a black Escalade....looked great for about 10 seconds after washing. Do like the Tesla blue though.

12. RedMS

RedMS Member

Red. Because...... MAGA :D

*puts on flame suit*

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  13. StaceyR

StaceyR Member

I narrowed my choice to the same red or blue. The blue looks great in the light but is too close to black out of the sunlight. The red changes as well but looks great both in light or dark...kind of like getting two versions of red for the price of one. Went for the red and NO regrets! Of course my last name being Redburn had nothing to do with my decision!

0620181112.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  14. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

I went for red, just think it fits the nature of the car. I also love Ferrari’s in red too. An added benefit, easily to spot in a parking lot.

• Like x 1
  15. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

Are you going to drive your car in person or watch someone drive it on YouTube?

I drive my car, I don't watch it on YouTube.

• Funny x 1
  16. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

Custom rims? Your car looks great!

17. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

Have family ? Get what they like best.
    No ? Have friends ? Get what they like best.
    No ? Have co-workers ? Get what they like best.
    No ? Take your psychiatrist's advice.

• Funny x 1
  18. TerrapinThief

TerrapinThief Member

Personally, was leaning toward red, then Tesla went and made it cost more. Decided I'd rather have $500 and a blue car.

19. RAVAGESofTIME

RAVAGESofTIME Member

Blue is by far my least favorite car color. There's a a few shades and models that are an exception, but definitely not Tesla's. Red for sure.

• Disagree x 1
  20. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

I have a Blue S but I always thought I would like red one. If you are so neck and neck on the colors, the $500 less would sway me!