Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced Enhanced Autopilot to Full Self-Driving Capability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this email today:

Reduced Enhanced Autopilot to Full Self-Driving Capability Upgrade price until July 1st

Our records indicate that you haven’t upgraded your Model 3 VIN ending in 168611 to Full Self-Driving Capability. You can upgrade now at a reduced price of $3,000.

Is anyone using FSD and loving it? I drive 60 miles a day, mostly highway, I’ve been using autopilot since I got my car over a year ago, still on the fence about FSD so wanted to get some input.

Reactions: DanCar
If you have Enhanced AP, you have basically everything FSD does right now.

... with I think one exception, which is the traffic light/stop sign awareness, I believe. Up to you if that's currently worth $3000. I could also be wrong about FSD vs. Enhanced AP, but I think that's correct.

Hmmm....end of quarter sales push. Makes me think this offer may come back every 3 months or so.

At an extra $1000 next time, since the non-sale price goes up that much July 1 :)

(and possibly not even then if this is, as some suspect, just a device to hit a 4th profitable quarter in a row and get onto the S&P 500- since they wouldn't need to do it again going forward if it works)

FSD discussion is purely personal decision. regardless of how much it costs now, it's still VAPORWARE now. I bet even self driving requires you to pay attention with hands on wheel as well. Anyone that trusts their tesla able to handle the complexity of local driving, feel free, I'm on the boat - you guys test it out, I'll pay more when it's verified to work. But, at the very least, you're in better shape than those that paid for FSD in the past two years and still has virtually the SAME functionality you have.

Reactions: Kuhz
I got the same offer in my Tesla app inbox AFTER I did the 2020.24.6.4 update on June 8. Tried to order the upgrade and found that it went up to $5,000 ! Used to be $4,000. May be I will apply the $5,000 to a new Model Y or Cyber Truck - and sell the Model 3. Latest FSD hardware and hopefully newer battery etc. Is this the correct thinking ?

I got the same offer in my Tesla app inbox AFTER I did the 2020.24.6.4 update on June 8. Tried to order the upgrade and found that it went up to $5,000 ! Used to be $4,000. May be I will apply the $5,000 to a new Model Y or Cyber Truck - and sell the Model 3. Latest FSD hardware and hopefully newer battery etc. Is this the correct thinking ?

FSD hardware on the current Model Y is exactly the same as Model 3, there is no benefit to one or the other in this regard. Any beyond that (e.g. what the Cybertruck might have, or Model 3/Y at the time of Crybertruck release) is pure speculation.

A minor accessory difference is that the front radar in the Model Y has a heater pad to defrost it. Cruise control and AP in general won't work if there is a bunch of snow/ice built up on the front.

Regarding battery, Model Y is basically the same as Model 3 as well.