Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grrrr - looks like I will be buying FSD tonight then. $5000 for both really isn't horrible - and yes I realize this price is the cheapest anyone has been able to get them for.
I just paid the $3k before the deal ends. FOMO got me. Hopefully auto lane change works for me soon. Even though you can buy a car that looks exactly like mine for half the price I guess I need to keep all the features in perspective. When the car drives me to a bar, goes and earns $100 on ride shares, and then drives me home, I will know the decision was wise. Until then, I’m just a crazy person with an electric car.

Last edited:
That’s not quite true. It does have an effect it disables auto steer. TACC is still enabled, but auto steer doesn’t resume. I wish they gave you some method of reenabling auto steer a little more seemlessly than double pulling on the right stalk again.
not for me. I tested it extensively on the highway yesterday. The blinker blinks and it stays in autopilot in the same lane til i hit the brake or grab the wheel. Maybe there are different versions?

Reactions: Mod3forMe
I just paid the $3k before the deal ends. FOMO got me. Hopefully auto lane change works for me soln. Even though you can buy a car that looks exactly like mine for half the price I guess I need to keep all the features in perspective. When the car drives me to a bar, goes and earns $100 on ride shares, and then drives me home, I will know the decision was wise. Until then, I’m just a crazy person with an electric car.

Same, just added FSD for the $3000, $5k total is decent for all of the features.
A pricey day for sure.

I sincerely hope that they do NOT come out with some new 'FAFSD' (full autonomous full self driving) package as an extra in a few years. $5k for it all with access to (hopefully) every new feature is decent.

Reactions: steve in socal
Tossed $TSLA another $2K for FSD FOMO hope we all get something for it by the end of the year along with the new 3.0 hardware!

Doing my part to help Tesla's Q1, since that is what I think this "sale" is all about, and I'm in pretty deep in my retirement accounts (but way above water)... I even called a few friends that bought Model 3 to tell them about the "sale". So far, one immediately upgraded. :cool:

Tesla always plays games. I leased a 2016 Model X P90D on 3/22/2016 because they said if I didn't I would have to wait "months" for a 90D [not!].

upload_2019-3-17_20-11-58.png

Last edited:
Bit the bullet and bought FSD. I have serious doubts that I'll get HW3 with this though. My prediction is that they'll do a basic "FSD" to fulfill the reading signs/lights and local-AP and then another Enhanced FSD for all the other stuff. The FOMO is strong, I guess.

I do wish there was something to indicate that I bought it. It's not on my options page or anything... no receipt.

Reactions: Mod3forMe
Added the $2K FSD option for my Model S. I don't think we'll see a better price anytime soon, so it's time to buy!
I use Autopilot most of the time and will definitely want any new FSD features as soon as they become available.

My wife's Model 3 is mostly used for city commute, rarely for longer trips. So we didn't get the EAP with the car: at $5K it just wasn't worth it.
However, a few days ago we went ahead and purchased the "basic" AP for $2K. Yes, this only includes TACC and Autosteer, but those are the most essential features of the Autopilot, and the $2K is a great price!

Thank you Tesla, for the Saint Patrick's Day Sale! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: aspec818
not for me. I tested it extensively on the highway yesterday. The blinker blinks and it stays in autopilot in the same lane til i hit the brake or grab the wheel. Maybe there are different versions?

Same here. Based on all the reports I’ve read on here of something else happening, I’m planning to put in a service request on Tuesday to investigate (assuming I’m able to make it through tomorrow without cracking and ordering FSD - I’m 99% sure I won’t, but you never know. ;))

Call me stupid, because I am stupid. Current EAP owner and just now pulled the trigger and upgraded to FSD for $2K. I have read all the posts by anti-upgrade people and I agree with you. But I am a Tesla fanboy and I can't help myself. I love the technology. I have faith in the Tesla company, broken promises and all. And delusional Elon just fascinates the hell out of me. And besides, I put the payment on my amigo @tracksyde 's credit card and it is not real money. ;)

From what I understand the new AP will automatically disengage Autosteer if you set the blinker. I'd actually like to have that option in EAP since the automatic lane change doesn't work well in dense traffic, so I often end up disabling it, then setting the blinker, then changing the lane (the automatic lane change works fine on open highways with little traffic though).

Just uncheck “auto lane change” in your options menu and viola! You click the blinker and AP disengages to allow you to lane change, then you re-engage manually.

Bit the bullet and bought FSD. I have serious doubts that I'll get HW3 with this though. My prediction is that they'll do a basic "FSD" to fulfill the reading signs/lights and local-AP and then another Enhanced FSD for all the other stuff. The FOMO is strong, I guess.

I do wish there was something to indicate that I bought it. It's not on my options page or anything... no receipt.

I think it shows up under your account, -manage-view details- then it will be listed under all your options

• Informative
Reactions: radiocycle
I feel as if other owners would also purchase this feature if they know it was on sale and going back up tomorrow. They should have Sale spam in the vehicles... LOL

I am honestly surprised that Tesla keeps on upgrading features with no additional charges. I mean We got blind spot monitoring, Recording camera, video games... What oher company gives customers all these extra features without having to pay for them... I know I know Elon promised the whiney owners these features... That doesn't mean you paid for them originally... JM2C... I am happy with my FSD purchase

Reactions: steve in socal