Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral bonus just increased to 5000 miles?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I just got my supercharging status updated yesterday and it was at 5,000. I ordered before the promo as well (4/22). Not sure if it's luck because I did send Tesla support an email about it, and prior to that when I used the supercharger soon after delivery I was charged for it. It's possible they just applied the referral late?

Possibly... did Tesla support actually reply back to your email?

Just clarifying on how this 5,000 miles of free supercharging works... it’s based on how many miles or range you charge up to at each session, until you reach a cumulative 5,000 miles of charging, correct?
I've wondered the same thing. I just assumed they take the rated range of the car and multiply by 5000 miles to determine the number of kWh you get.

Also, it's only good for 6 months from activation. Each referral extends that by 6 months.

3B894A5F-38F7-4AA4-B3A6-C4F3556CBACB.jpeg
Wondering if there’s a ‘meter’ to track how many miles of the free supercharging remaining..

Check your Loot Box in the Tesla phone app.

I saw that exact same screen shot on my Tesla app, but I assumed that is was general advertising about the 5,000 mile bonus. But, in actuality, that's the actual number of free supercharging miles I have left?
Yeah, it says "miles remaining" ;) Mine says 4,200 or so. Nice that I happened to snag my one and only referral during this promo period :)

On a different note, it's struck a few folks as if this means that your 5,000 mile balance will become 1,000 miles when it expires. I don't believe that's the case as it doesn't make any sense, but the word "revert" seems to trip some folks up. Anyone got their interpretations on that? To me, it means that the reward goes back to +1000mi, but of course your balance will be untouched...

Yep 6 month expiration date. Wish they would display it, but just assume it means 6 months from the date you received the miles in your loot box account.

Each additional referral EXTENDS the expiration date 6 months.

Also yes the bonus structure reverts back to 1K at end of May. Any of your existing bonus miles will remain in your loot box account. But referrals after May will only receive 1K instead of 5K.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Also I have 6 successful referred deliveries... (4 in this promo window) and only got 10K miles. Bleh. Should be 20K those four + 3K more the other two...

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• B9A0C65C-81CB-4448-9054-0A2E1A79A21C.jpeg
    B9A0C65C-81CB-4448-9054-0A2E1A79A21C.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 46
Also I have 6 successful referred deliveries... (4 in this promo window) and only got 10K miles. Bleh. Should be 20K those four + 3K more the other two...

Screenshot attached.

yeah man, the referral program team is like few people. their computer system has synch issues. happened to me and I have been asking them regarding the issues for the last 4 weeks. and still not resolved

they still have not complete the drawing for May 1st Model Y raffle. not sure how they planning on executing this.. my guess is that they are going to wait until July 1st and back draw for June 1st and May 1st since literally it's only 5 weeks away and I doubt they can get their act together by then to do a fair drawing and have all these sync issues/discrepancy accounted for

so... what gives. not sure if one can rely on Tesla counting the free charging miles for you that you are relying on for your Tesla without free lifetime supercharging

Reactions: Nguyenning