Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral bonus just increased to 5000 miles?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 0214385D-25DD-4932-826F-4F3ED8A96E80.jpeg
    0214385D-25DD-4932-826F-4F3ED8A96E80.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
According to the website the bonus miles expire six months after they are added:

“Free Supercharger miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. Each additional referral will extend the expiration date by 6 months.”

Referral Program

The question is - for each referral, does it add an additional 5k miles, or, simply extend the expiration?

If I buy one vehicle using a referral - I get 5k miles for 6 months. Now, I have a referral code to use...
Someone buys a vehicle with mine, they get 5k miles for 6 months. Do I now get my original 5k for a year, or, am I up to 10k for a year? Or, are referral benefits only for the purchaser, and the referral code provider doesn't get anything other than drawing entries?

The question is - for each referral, does it add an additional 5k miles, or, simply extend the expiration?

If I buy one vehicle using a referral - I get 5k miles for 6 months. Now, I have a referral code to use...
Someone buys a vehicle with mine, they get 5k miles for 6 months. Do I now get my original 5k for a year, or, am I up to 10k for a year? Or, are referral benefits only for the purchaser, and the referral code provider doesn't get anything other than drawing entries?

I’m going to rephrase your question to what I think you are really asking:

“Could Tesla for once think through what they are putting in writing and anticipate all of the questions that people are going to ask and actually put the answers in a coherent paragraph so that we don’t create more confusion by offering something that nobody understands?”

Just like their blog when they said you can downgrade an SR+ to an SR but gave us no terms and conditions on time limits, procedures, or any details on how to actually go about doing this. It’s just another day at Tesla. They put offers out there and don’t think through how to write them in an intelligent manner. So we generate hundreds of posts in this forum trying to interpret what they really meant to say.

I’m coming off another bungled delivery experience on my friend’s SR from last night, so I’m probably in a bad mood right now. I’ll stop writing.

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I’m going to rephrase your question to what I think you are really asking:

“Could Tesla for once think through what they are putting in writing and anticipate all of the questions that people are going to ask and actually put the answers in a coherent paragraph so that we don’t create more confusion by offering something that nobody understands?”

Just like their blog when they said you can downgrade an SR+ to an SR but gave us no terms and conditions on time limits, procedures, or any details on how to actually go about doing this. It’s just another day at Tesla. They put offers out there and don’t think through how to write them in an intelligent manner. So we generate hundreds of posts in this forum trying to interpret what they really meant to say.

I’m coming off another bungled delivery experience on my friend’s SR from last night, so I’m probably in a bad mood right now. I’ll stop writing.

Ha, definitely a good observation on their shenanigans. I couldn't even get a straight answer out of the order advisor I've been speaking to the past month. No one appears to really know what's going on, so, as it goes, they have everything "as clear as mud."