Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral bonus just increased to 5000 miles?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best case is someone gives you their referral code as a link. You click the link, and it prompts you to place an order. If you do, it’s under that referral code.

If you only have the alphanumeric code, I was able to ask the sales person to apply it after I ordered, but it took a few days to show up. There’s probably a better way than that. :)

Ha, definitely a good observation on their shenanigans. I couldn't even get a straight answer out of the order advisor I've been speaking to the past month. No one appears to really know what's going on, so, as it goes, they have everything "as clear as mud."

the 6 month expiration gets extended each time there is a new referral on all the existing miles in the account. so it'll be 10k miles and 6 month from the latest date of referral miles delivery order. So it would not be 1 year for 10 k. but 10k miles 6 month from the latest delivery date

so the best case is that you continue to referl. once the miles goes back to 1000 miles and the expiration get extended, then all the miles on your account will get extended for longer time

Finally got a referral to show up in my loot box under "Ordered".... still no bonus miles since no delivery yet. But it says they ordered April 25 (just now showed up today May 5)

Delays for sure... and unfortunately I think this will only get 1K miles since the 5K bonus didn't go into effect until 4/28 according to the fine print

What day did they place the order? The bonus did not increase until 4/28.

5/4 - see attached. Should I bug Tesla about it?

Attachments

• ECA65E87-A00D-4A75-B9D2-B1CE6DB82964.png
    ECA65E87-A00D-4A75-B9D2-B1CE6DB82964.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 95
Also has there been a broader discussion on why these 5K miles expire after SIX months? Who in the hell is gonna be able to redeem all of that?

Then each additional referral increases it by six months. Very little incentive to keep referring people. Imagine trying to redeem 15,000 super charger miles in less than 18 months. Lol

• Informative
Reactions: omkar
Also has there been a broader discussion on why these 5K miles expire after SIX months? Who in the hell is gonna be able to redeem all of that?

Then each additional referral increases it by six months. Very little incentive to keep referring people. Imagine trying to redeem 15,000 super charger miles in less than 18 months. Lol

ARGH!! I didn't realize these referral miles expired!! Sure enough, when I click the 'Learn More' link at the bottom of the referral page in the app, it says exactly what you stated. It would have been nice to have these as a credit indefinitely but it makes sense that they can't have that as a long term liability. These sales/marketing tactics are quite annoying..

I just got 5,000 miles for someone who took delivery on 4/27.... call it luck?
They ordered like mid April.

Yeah, I just got my supercharging status updated yesterday and it was at 5,000. I ordered before the promo as well (4/22). Not sure if it's luck because I did send Tesla support an email about it, and prior to that when I used the supercharger soon after delivery I was charged for it. It's possible they just applied the referral late?