Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Drama's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Falling further and further out of like with my M3 (various issues, some not Tesla fault, EV faff etc) my meh/hate relationship continues.

My friend leased a Model Y for collection before the end of March 23. With the bonus they were offering before Year End managed to give him a referral.

Tesla accept the referral, the 5000 Credits arrive on his account about 10 days later.

Gets to the end of April and my Credits haven't arrived yet.

Speak to the EMEA Customer Care, they're adamant they're now not giving me my credits and now UK Support have confirmed this too.

They're saying that no referral was activated

I have screenshots of the referral activation, my friends conversation with Support before delivery and the screenshot of the referral credits but no they're not budging.

Tesla sometimes......

Reactions: Jedi2155
Have a little chat with trading standards or citizens advice - nothing like a little prompt from an organisation that could recommend litigation against a company for perhaps shall we say an oversight on their part to fully investigate the points you can prove. Shouldn't need any more than that but if you have legal assistance on a home policy this does provide consultation with a solicitor - of course they don't actually do anything except provide advice - but they will if you engage them - for £25 a solicitors letter does tend to get some action.

I’ve not kept up with this, but we’re referrals available since previous ‘free miles’ program and 27th March when the new program seem to have started? Or was there an intermediate program?

Also, what are 5000 credits worth these days?

That's the real question here and I've posted about this before

Sure it's always the small things that put people over the edge, but do some arithmetic and figure out the cash value to put it into perspective
I have absolutely no idea what these credits are let alone the value of them, however, surely its more a point of principle and integrity rather than the cash value, If anyone offers something as an enticement then upon a completed transaction the offer should be honoured - not wriggled out of. In the UK the legal term of "damages" is any value 1p or more.
I have no idea if Tesla's stance is correct or the OPs statement but the OP seems pretty sure of what he was offered, and states he has proof of that offer - maybe there is a term or condition that precludes honouring the offer unless it was claimed between 0130hrs and 01.31hrs on a Wednesday exactly 14 days after the qualification was concluded and the claimant needs to have DNA samples and a letter from their great Grandparents.

The rejection of the claim may indeed not be Tesla but the manager of the branch that dealt with it and perhaps this manager is acting "Ultra Virus" - exceeding his level of authority.

With all disagreements there are interpretations and perceptions that are different, both parties need a meeting of the minds and the whole thing can be settled amicably - may not agree but will understand each others view and that minimises negativity.

I’ve not kept up with this, but we’re referrals available since previous ‘free miles’ program and 27th March when the new program seem to have started? Or was there an intermediate program?

Also, what are 5000 credits worth these days?

5000 will get you 3000 supercharger miles or about 70% of the way to a bike rack or roof bars. So not terrible

5000 will get you 3000 supercharger miles or about 70% of the way to a bike rack or roof bars. So not terrible

As you say, worth having. When I got several referrals, for me the more useful bit was extension of miles rather than the miles themselves. Our free supercharger 'miles' ran out earlier this year, so over 3 years worth of free supercharging, but probably only used a couple of thousand of them. Nice to have though for the long journeys, and early couple of months when we had no home charging. So it was much appreciated those that used our referral code.

Has anyone had success with adding a referral code to their account? I haven’t taken delivery of my vehicle yet, but the sales advisor stated that it can’t be added after the fact. Is the sales advisor correct?

Thanks

Has anyone had success with adding a referral code to their account? I haven’t taken delivery of my vehicle yet, but the sales advisor stated that it can’t be added after the fact. Is the sales advisor correct?

Thanks
Yeah, unfortunately it can't be added after the fact. I learned this when my sister-in-law forgot to use my referral link when she purchased a Model X. Ah well, such is life.