Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refferal codes

yyzelectric

May 3, 2021
Toronto
Good day to all.

I have a question about referral codes. I purchased a Model Y without getting a referral code.
Can I still get a referral code for free supercharging?

orion2001

Apr 14, 2021
NC
If you still haven't taken delivery, I think some people have had success by contacting their SA and saying they forgot to use the referral link when purchasing and the SA can add on the referral to the order.

Reactions: Redekw and Gadget63
Upvote 0

Ericft

Mar 31, 2021
Ilinois
Yup I did that as well and contacted after the fact and had it added on. I also asked for comfirmation that it was added and she sent me a screenshot.

Upvote 0

TNIrish

Sep 4, 2020
Knoxville, TN
I just bought my Y and my SA said they couldn't add it. I was super sad. I told him that is not what I had heard from other people but he hasn't responded. I am hoping that when my delivery gets changed to Knoxville I can ask my new SA to apply it...

Upvote 0

iamnid

Dec 4, 2019
Riverside, CA
Good day to all.

I have a question about referral codes. I purchased a Model Y without getting a referral code.
Can I still get a referral code for free supercharging?
Yeah, I did this by accident. I just entered a support chat with Tesla on their website, explained that I didn't understand I had to order THROUGH the referral code and they were able to add it to my order.

I kept expecting there to be a place to enter the code before "Checkout" but, before I knew it, the order was placed and I had never entered the code.

Upvote 0

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
Yeah, I did this by accident. I just entered a support chat with Tesla on their website, explained that I didn't understand I had to order THROUGH the referral code and they were able to add it to my order.

I kept expecting there to be a place to enter the code before "Checkout" but, before I knew it, the order was placed and I had never entered the code.
Yep, you are not the first and certainly won't be the last to do that!

Upvote 0

PatrickTM

Always Be Charging
May 12, 2021
Boston
I just bought my Y and my SA said they couldn't add it. I was super sad. I told him that is not what I had heard from other people but he hasn't responded. I am hoping that when my delivery gets changed to Knoxville I can ask my new SA to apply it...
Don't be sad. It's only a $50 (maybe $60) discount on a $55k to $70k car. Of all the things around Tesla, this is not worth the FOMO!

Reactions: Gadget63
Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC