Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refinancing after rate-matching

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done it?

I initially got a loan with Tesla (US-bank) but found a much lower rate soon after, so submitted for them to match it, and they did. They are supposed to be sending me a check (rate match rep said they should have sent it last week).

In the mean time, I've found another CU with an even lower rate, which I plan to refinance too. The problem is, the low rate is promotional, and ends July 31.

So two questions:

1) Has anyone successfully refinanced after getting the rate match? Any consequences?
2) Has anyone done it before receiving the check? What happened?

I know doing this seems like cheating, but even my sales rep said it was ok, and lots of his customers did it.

Appreciate hearing everyone's experiences.

Always thought this was interesting how Tesla does the rate match. I got 3.33% for 72 months from Tesla when I bought my X but applied to another CU and got 2.19% for 72 months. Tesla wrote a check for over $3k which was to be sent in the mail. What is to stop someone from taking the check and still refinancing with the original CU that had the lower rate?

Always thought this was interesting how Tesla does the rate match. I got 3.33% for 72 months from Tesla when I bought my X but applied to another CU and got 2.19% for 72 months. Tesla wrote a check for over $3k which was to be sent in the mail. What is to stop someone from taking the check and still refinancing with the original CU that had the lower rate?
Morality