Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to get pretty frustrated and impatient with the lack of followup. Ordered on 10/05, the dates have been shifting a lot but most recently it showed December 15 - December 31st. All of a sudden it gets updated with "Estimated Delivery: 10 - 14 weeks from order placed date".

The 13/14th week would be 2021, might considering just canceling if that happens.

Well...this is what I was saying, that some people are going to be pissed off with Tesla. And that M3P orders will begin to slip into 2021. But again I stand firm on if you don’t have a vin by end of next week and you’re on the east coast, it’s going to be tough seeing a delivery possible in that time frame. Again, unless it’s already in route when they vin match you. Someone in here said they got vin match and scheduled for the 19th, but due to prep inspection and sheer volume of other deliveries, it’s moved to 22-24th. That shows you they are really behind. 25th they’re closed and at that point they would have 7 days to delivery a lot of cars. I hope everyone gets their car. I’ll talk to you guys in a few days.

Reactions: CA4Fun
I ordered 2 days ago (12/8 and Financing Approved on 12/9) still shows 2-3 weeks from order date. I don't really care if I get it in 2-3 weeks since I'm in no hurry. Good luck everyone and hope you guys that placed an order before me gets them first.

Probably not what anyone on here wants to hear: Ordered on Dec 7th, wait time says 2-4 weeks, however Tesla rep called and said likely not until March 2021. Apparently they "ran out" in November of M3P's due to huge demand and he doesn't know why it's showing 2-4 weeks but he's looking into it.

Location is BC, Canada.
White on white performance.

Apparently they are made in batches for each quarter, so most deliveries will take place towards the end of the quarter, no matter how early your late you ordered.

We got a M3P this time last year. Ordered late Oct and picked up December 15th. I'll be honest, I'd still wait until March, they are worth waiting for and it must be a crazy shot show on their end. I'm pretty sure they don't think it's an ideal situation either, so to those who are criticising Tesla for it: stop with the entitlement - this is how it looks right now and it it will improve over time.

I ordered 10/31 and had 12/12-12/31 as my ETA and am pretty disappointed to see it changed to 6-10 weeks from order which could potentially put it out into next year.

Also my wife order a model Y LR and had delivery dates from every current day to the 12/21. And no she has no dates showing.

Beginning to wonder if we will get any cars by years end.

Probably not what anyone on here wants to hear: Ordered on Dec 7th, wait time says 2-4 weeks, however Tesla rep called and said likely not until March 2021. Apparently they "ran out" in November of M3P's due to huge demand and he doesn't know why it's showing 2-4 weeks but he's looking into it.

Location is BC, Canada.
White on white performance.

Apparently they are made in batches for each quarter, so most deliveries will take place towards the end of the quarter, no matter how early your late you ordered.

We got a M3P this time last year. Ordered late Oct and picked up December 15th. I'll be honest, I'd still wait until March, they are worth waiting for and it must be a crazy shot show on their end. I'm pretty sure they don't think it's an ideal situation either, so to those who are criticising Tesla for it: stop with the entitlement - this is how it looks right now and it it will improve over time.
Your SA must be speaking in reference to your particular region (BC, Canada). i.e., it takes too long to ship enough cars there at this point to satisfy orders beyond November, which is pretty typical for non-US Tesla orders.

I don't think it's entitled to expect clearer communication, especially when many have been waiting 8-10 weeks already, have had expectations breached multiple times, and are receiving mixed signals from different people.

On a side note, I was chatting around at a Tesla "gallery" near me and a sales associate there told me that they had just slotted all available P build capacity, and that they should begin delivering cars in my area within the next week or so (I know multiple people around here who have already received cars, some of who ordered after me). I'd take it with a grain of salt, but worth mentioning.

Reactions: dalton108
Since I have nothing going on today, I emailed my rep and said I can come today instead of tomorrow to get my P3D.

False alarm! Just got a call and caller ID said “Tesla Decatur” I was hoping they were calling to tell me to come get the car today... NOPE! it was just an automated call confirming my appointment for tomorrow, but I did request a callback.

• Funny
Reactions: yellow05gt
Just checked mine again. You guys are making me second guess my delivery date. It is still scheduled for the 18th at Tyson's Corner... My sales rep said only about 10% of the orders are Performance but over half get FSD. I found that a hard to believe although there are a lot of Tesla's in NOVA area and I do not see many Performance cars to be honest. Must be something to it. I suppose the LR is the number one version sold as I see a lot of wheel covered cars driving around here...

I'm hoping that my new updated "weeks". Which pushes me into the first week of Jan still holds true. If not I will have some more time to buy more accessories for the March Delivery. :) - Anyone in cold climates buy mud flaps before if so are they worth it?

I'm up here in MN looking for protection from all the 'gravel and salt' we coat the roads with during winter. I opted to go with these:

TESLA MODEL 3 mud and stone guards | EVSmartParts.com

I haven't installed them because.... well, the Tesla gods have determined I'm not worthy of a car yet despite ordering the day the refresh came out.... but anyway...

Here's a couple pics - really good quality and the owner/inventor is a stand up guy.

IMG_0233.JPEG
IMG_0232.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_0231.JPEG
    IMG_0231.JPEG
    682.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0230.JPEG
    IMG_0230.JPEG
    428.6 KB · Views: 46
I'm up here in MN looking for protection from all the 'gravel and salt' we coat the roads with during winter. I opted to go with these:

TESLA MODEL 3 mud and stone guards | EVSmartParts.com

I haven't installed them because.... well, the Tesla gods have determined I'm not worthy of a car yet despite ordering the day the refresh came out.... but anyway...

Here's a couple pics - really good quality and the owner/inventor is a stand up guy.

View attachment 616591 View attachment 616592

Thanks I will check them out