Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping that my new updated "weeks". Which pushes me into the first week of Jan still holds true. If not I will have some more time to buy more accessories for the March Delivery. :) - Anyone in cold climates buy mud flaps before if so are they worth it?
I'm down in Louisiana and will be ordering some flaps off of Amazon in the next few days. I've never not had them on any of my vehicles, and IMO are worth the minimal cost.

Got a wall connector, mats, some accessories, but still no VIN. Ordered 10/29, white/black/FSD, Oklahoma.

W2SEAsh.png

Called my Tysons Tesla, where I test drove and ordered my car from, to ask about cancelling the trade in (I found someone to buy my car). They said no big deal to cancel the trade just let them know.

I also asked if a car that was ordered on 11/21 would be here before the end of the year. Verbatim, I was told that the cut off for end of the year orders was 12/8 and I’m way ahead of that so hopefully it won’t be too long.

Your SA must be speaking in reference to your particular region (BC, Canada). i.e., it takes too long to ship enough cars there at this point to satisfy orders beyond November, which is pretty typical for non-US Tesla orders.

I don't think it's entitled to expect clearer communication, especially when many have been waiting 8-10 weeks already, have had expectations breached multiple times, and are receiving mixed signals from different people.

On a side note, I was chatting around at a Tesla "gallery" near me and a sales associate there told me that they had just slotted all available P build capacity, and that they should begin delivering cars in my area within the next week or so (I know multiple people around here who have already received cars, some of who ordered after me). I'd take it with a grain of salt, but worth mentioning.

I heard something similar from the Costa Mesa delivery center - they said they're getting Model 3 shipments in daily now, including Ps, so a VIN is likely any day now.

In my first compulsive refresh of the day I noticed that the delivery estimate changed from actual dates to the following:

Estimated Delivery: 3 - 6 weeks from order placed date.

Did anyone else see this change today?

This seems to have happened all over. Mine now says 6-8 weeks from order but this is exactly the same as my original date window for when it might come.

Reactions: CA4Fun
Your SA must be speaking in reference to your particular region (BC, Canada). i.e., it takes too long to ship enough cars there at this point to satisfy orders beyond November, which is pretty typical for non-US Tesla orders.

I don't think it's entitled to expect clearer communication, especially when many have been waiting 8-10 weeks already, have had expectations breached multiple times, and are receiving mixed signals from different people.

On a side note, I was chatting around at a Tesla "gallery" near me and a sales associate there told me that they had just slotted all available P build capacity, and that they should begin delivering cars in my area within the next week or so (I know multiple people around here who have already received cars, some of who ordered after me). I'd take it with a grain of salt, but worth mentioning.
That really does suck. I'm about to be one of those people with possibly a 12 week wait from order! I do understand the agony of waiting, and how from our end, the delivery process can seem so messed up and unfair. Clear communication is ideal and should be simple, and also it's really hard when a company is booming. I really don't think people on the Tesla side are enjoying the chaos or lack of info either - they have to deal with us, haha. It's through this kind of growth that they learn how to adapt and create systems for high demand during quarters where they are under pressure to perform. I think we have to grow with them. It still sucks, don't get me wrong, but I've seen many posts where people are comparing them to other companies which shows a deep lack of understanding of what Tesla has gone through, and is aiming for.
They were under pressure last year when we got our 2020 M3P and the whole process was pretty impressive, but we could tell they were working hard to pull everything together. I can't image what this quarter must be like for them

What you said about available P build capacity makes sense and better describes what I've been learning about which is that they make a certain amount of different models and trims and combinations and allot that batch to an area.
Similar to your story, our friends ordered a SR+ a few weeks back, and they have't received it but there are others in the area that have received their SR+ same trim and colour with same or slightly later order time. It's their first Tesla and with that weird order issue, I do feel extra bad for them. It's really hard to wait for something you're this excited about, it will be a rough wait for us if we have until March!

I hope you get yours very soon!

• Love
Reactions: CA4Fun and adregia
I'm up here in MN looking for protection from all the 'gravel and salt' we coat the roads with during winter. I opted to go with these:

TESLA MODEL 3 mud and stone guards | EVSmartParts.com

I haven't installed them because.... well, the Tesla gods have determined I'm not worthy of a car yet despite ordering the day the refresh came out.... but anyway...

Here's a couple pics - really good quality and the owner/inventor is a stand up guy.

View attachment 616591 View attachment 616592

Having driven a lot of low cars in Montana in the winter, I decided that mudflaps are the wrong approach.

Reason being is that they reduced your ground clearance. You are better off using clear guards where the snow and ice will hit, and maintaining better ground clearance.

The flaps also accumulated more ice and snow, and are lower so you end up with that buildup scraping on the ground as the suspension compresses. This can tear them off the car completely.

I'm up here in MN looking for protection from all the 'gravel and salt' we coat the roads with during winter. I opted to go with these:

TESLA MODEL 3 mud and stone guards | EVSmartParts.com

I haven't installed them because.... well, the Tesla gods have determined I'm not worthy of a car yet despite ordering the day the refresh came out.... but anyway...

Here's a couple pics - really good quality and the owner/inventor is a stand up guy.

View attachment 616591 View attachment 616592

You should watch TeslaBjorn video:

That really does suck. I'm about to be one of those people with possibly a 12 week wait from order! I do understand the agony of waiting, and how from our end, the delivery process can seem so messed up and unfair. Clear communication is ideal and should be simple, and also it's really hard when a company is booming. I really don't think people on the Tesla side are enjoying the chaos or lack of info either - they have to deal with us, haha. It's through this kind of growth that they learn how to adapt and create systems for high demand during quarters where they are under pressure to perform. I think we have to grow with them. It still sucks, don't get me wrong, but I've seen many posts where people are comparing them to other companies which shows a deep lack of understanding of what Tesla has gone through, and is aiming for.
They were under pressure last year when we got our 2020 M3P and the whole process was pretty impressive, but we could tell they were working hard to pull everything together. I can't image what this quarter must be like for them

What you said about available P build capacity makes sense and better describes what I've been learning about which is that they make a certain amount of different models and trims and combinations and allot that batch to an area.
Similar to your story, our friends ordered a SR+ a few weeks back, and they have't received it but there are others in the area that have received their SR+ same trim and colour with same or slightly later order time. It's their first Tesla and with that weird order issue, I do feel extra bad for them. It's really hard to wait for something you're this excited about, it will be a rough wait for us if we have until March!

I hope you get yours very soon!
Yeah, I don't mind the limitations per se, and I understand that these are growing pains for a supply-constrained company, but Tesla could definitely do a better job communicating, tempering expectations, and being consistent with messaging.

But yes, it will definitely be worth it!

I placed my order for a M3P in Sep with a note on my account asking for a delivery during the first week of Dec as that’s when my current lease was due. Now renting a car. My order has no info - no vin or delivery window, but the CS folks say that they’re working on it. Hope it gets here soon, but it’s uncomfortable being in the dark while whatever is going to happen works out (it always works out... eventually).

This thread is starting to make me nervous. If I don’t receive by Christmas, I may cancel and get another car.
I placed my order for a M3P in Sep with a note on my account asking for a delivery during the first week of Dec as that’s when my current lease was due. Now renting a car. My order has no info - no vin or delivery window, but the CS folks say that they’re working on it. Hope it gets here soon, but it’s uncomfortable being in the dark while whatever is going to happen works out (it always works out... eventually).
I can certainly relate. I am in the same situation. My lease ended and I am renting for past 4 weeks.

I relate to you relating. My previous car (an Audi A5) was totalled last month, and I decided to order a Tesla as a replacement. I got two weeks of rental car use from insurance, but that ran out and now I am on 2+ weeks of uber / sharing a car with my wife. My f5 button will soon lose its paint.
LOL - I hear you. Hopefully we will have some good news very soon.

I can certainly relate. I am in the same situation. My lease ended and I am renting for past 4 weeks.

I relate to you relating. My previous car (an Audi A5) was totalled last month, and I decided to order a Tesla as a replacement. I got two weeks of rental car use from insurance, but that ran out and now I am on 2+ weeks of uber / sharing a car with my wife. My f5 button will soon lose its paint.

I relate to your relating. We should see who has the worst deal on a rental car! lol

The daily rate on the Corolla that I'm renting comes out to about $800/month.

Reactions: CA4Fun