Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a great point. It might very well be worth more later if it succeeds and becomes sought after. If you believe it will get better and more widely accepted, it will probably increase the value of your car. Elon & co. landed rockets from space. He tends to deliver on concepts...perhaps not on the timelines projected but the concepts become real. I suspect optimistic timelines are a mechanism to deliver faster than what was previously thought possible. Imagine a medium smart kid shooting for a C in chemistry. They will get a C. But if they shoot for an A, they may end up with a B. I've seen this metaphorical strategy used before in business and it's part of why I kind of don't mind the sometimes over-optimism of Tesla. But that's just me.
very very very good point!!!

ya me too! I told my SA I wanted to pick up at the delivery center. Did you have that conversation with yours? It probably doesn’t matter that much. I believe you still have an opportunity to reject if you need to.

We did speak about that actually. I asked them how it would be transported from MDR to Malibu and they said someone would drive it. Once I found that out I immediately felt I wanted to be the one who put the first few miles on my car.

I had them make a note in my account to state customer requests vehicle pickup over delivery.

Picked Up my white on black m3p on Saturday. Location : Lawerence SC, NJ

Pretty uneventful delivery took less than 45 mins. The SA mentioned that it was the only M3P they have had that week

Found 2 issues
1. The right side fog lamp is not flush with the bumper.
2. Rear bumper's paint doesn't match the rest of the car -- not sure if it is just the lighting

They made it clear I will have to accept delivery and this would be fixed via service appointment

Drive on summer tires in the snow was scary.. next step - get winter tires !!

E29BC045-CC92-4C8A-815A-E016A2D1D582.jpeg 02FABB14-4940-49C8-BCC0-A42C4935F1CA.jpeg 02FABB14-4940-49C8-BCC0-A42C4935F1CA.jpeg
Ordered 11/11, MSM M3P in CA (Central Valley). My close friend from college is actually my SA. Soft matched weeks ago with factory build/gate date scheduled for 12/27 and delivery to my local delivery center is estimated as 12/28.

My estimated delivery was originally 12/23-12/31 but just updated this morning to 12/21-12/31. Either I’m going to get re-matched with a reject/cancellation or production is still on schedule. My friend also said that most builds coming out of the factory now should have the new headlights.

Just figured I’d share since I’ve been following this thread for the last month, but never contributed (since it seemed like the focus was on East Coast deliveries). The factory is beginning the majority of California builds today and will likely ramp up on Thursday.View attachment 619793

Central Valley here too - Visalia to be precise! Ordered on 12/14 (Red/Black). No VIN yet. Briefly saw a delivery range of 12/22 to 12/31 but that’s since disappeared.

Are you picking up from Fresno too?

This car is replacing my last baby which was brutally murdered earlier this month.

Dashcam for anyone morbidly curious, go to around 50 seconds.

View attachment 619847 View attachment 619850 View attachment 619850

Central Valley here too - Visalia to be precise! Ordered on 12/14 (Red/Black). No VIN yet. Briefly saw a delivery range of 12/22 to 12/31 but that’s since disappeared.

This car is replacing my last baby which was brutally murdered earlier this month.

Ouch! Hope you’re doing alright. I’m in Fresno, so yeah, delivery center is about 15 minutes from my home. Maybe we’ll get it around the same time? I don’t have a VIN yet either, it was just their production schedule that my friend sent me a photo of.

You can probably call and ask someone and they’ll be able to see the same. Our service center is rarely busy, so I imagine they’ll load ours on the same truck coming down and everyone will pick up around the same time? Turnaround time for Fresno seems to be only a couple of days from when you get your VIN.

Ouch! Hope you’re doing alright. I’m in Fresno, so yeah, delivery center is about 15 minutes from my home. Maybe we’ll get it around the same time? I don’t have a VIN yet either, it was just their production schedule that my friend sent me a photo of.

You can probably call and ask someone and they’ll be able to see the same. Our service center is rarely busy, so I imagine they’ll load ours on the same truck coming down and everyone will pick up around the same time? Turnaround time for Fresno seems to be only a couple of days from when you get your VIN.

Barely a scratch - tested the high safety rating of the M3 up close and personally!

Will do on calling them to ask, thanks for the info and concern!

Ordered 11/11, MSM M3P in CA (Central Valley). My close friend from college is actually my SA. Soft matched weeks ago with factory build/gate date scheduled for 12/27 and delivery to my local delivery center is estimated as 12/28.

My estimated delivery was originally 12/23-12/31 but just updated this morning to 12/21-12/31. Either I’m going to get re-matched with a reject/cancellation or production is still on schedule. My friend also said that most builds coming out of the factory now should have the new headlights.

Just figured I’d share since I’ve been following this thread for the last month, but never contributed (since it seemed like the focus was on East Coast deliveries). The factory is beginning the majority of California builds today and will likely ramp up on Thursday.View attachment 619793

great info, thank you for sharing. Looks like 12/28-12/31 - going to be a ton of deliveries in CA

View attachment 619847 View attachment 619850 View attachment 619850

Look both ways before you enter the intersection, green light or not...

Reactions: c4Lvin
75AA3917-5854-48FF-90AB-4BF28560E5BA.jpeg
46FDD1E3-9B4B-40C7-9D5E-DEF6706F2E5B.jpeg
129D204E-60FA-4B01-BD11-BE0EF5A02800.jpeg
Got my car last night in Nashville. The inspection process kind of sucked because it was very difficult to assess the car because it was dark outside (5:30pm), the lot was poorly lit, and the car was covered in mist. I was assured by the advisor i could still return it within 24hrs if disatisfied provided the vehicle was under 100mi. So I did a quick global inspection at the lot, signed my paperwork and brought it to my Dads garage to inspect carefully.

I am happy to report that there were no major issues, and the paint and panel gaps were excellent.

Now I just have to wait for my Dad to detail it

Last edited:
I agree with this, im with you. I got Tesla stock a long time ago. and have held it. I have see ups and down. I dont doubt it will go up but in value. but the hard thing to see right now, is the people who bought FSD years ago on like S/X and then traded in for a new one and how to pay again for FSD. I think at least they need to bring FSD transferring to Tesla. that would show the value in it. in my opinion. again I agree it will increase in value once they get FSD working to a very safe and confident manner. we are still a little ways from that. but it will come.

If FSD were transferable, it would have a much stronger just purchase justification - buy in early, fund the tech & development, and save in the long run as a result. But with it stuck to the car, it's a hard sell since it'll only be worth another $1k-2k on the used market. Keep in mind that the technology will keep moving forward, but the hardware in the car is stuck in time.

That's why I can't take this leap... also, I change cars every 3-4 years... it's too much of a recurring depreciation hit to take on a fast upgrade cycle like that.