Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Any build quality issues you noted at delivery?

No build issues that have been found. Paint and body looks good, interior as well. I think the small changes they made to the console look much better, making the car seem a bit more up to the price paid. I have already started modding it, driving it on the days that are nice hear in Michigan. - Brian

Question to other newbies. I drove the M3P home and it has about 70 miles on it. However, after going into the autopilot menu, I am able to turn on everything except for Navigate on Autopilot - I’m wondering if this is something (paid for FSD) that will come on after more miles, etc.?

Question to other newbies. I drove the M3P home and it has about 70 miles on it. However, after going into the autopilot menu, I am able to turn on everything except for Navigate on Autopilot - I’m wondering if this is something (paid for FSD) that will come on after more miles, etc.?

The system has to calibrate. If I recall correctly with our Y, you should have a blue ring around the on screen steering wheel that gives you a visual as to where it is in the calibration process.

Anyone with a new delivery able to check if the new headlights are installed?

Tesla announced new updated headlights would be in all model 3 and model y globally by Q1 2021.

Just wondering if they made it into these late batches. I’m picking up my M3P on Monday.

Cheers y’all.
the new headlights won't be going in until Q1 2021. none of the cars delivery in the states will have the updated the lights.... it will begin in Q1 and phase in over next year. they will use up the remaining inventory on the current lights and transition over slowly. Tesla doesn't move fast with these kinda things. think about this way, the new smaller Frunk in the model 3 was came in august time frame the heat pump and other changes didn't come until oct 16 so it will be some time

the new headlights won't be going in until Q1 2021. none of the cars delivery in the states will have the updated the lights.... it will begin in Q1 and phase in over next year. they will use up the remaining inventory on the current lights and transition over slowly. Tesla doesn't move fast with these kinda things. think about this way, the new smaller Frunk in the model 3 was came in august time frame the heat pump and other changes didn't come until oct 16 so it will be some time
Copy that. I had seen the report on Electrek that story said it’ll be in all model 3 and model y supply chains globally “by” q1 2021. So just wanted to see if anyone had notice it in the US. No drama though, headlights are the least of my concerns when deciding what car to buy and when :)

M3P back in inventory in LA area it looks like. Seeing some MSM, white and red. Does anyone have experience with cancelling existing model and grabbing an inventory car? Is the inventory car availability immediate?
I find this kinda annoying... they have about 8 of them sitting over there how in the hell do they have that kind of miles on them already and yet people are waiting for ordered ones. and now these are being sold with under 1000 miles on them. no wonder people haven't gotten their orders. hahahah

and 4 of those match my configuration LMAO......hahaha love it.

Copy that. I had seen the report on Electrek that story said it’ll be in all model 3 and model y supply chains globally “by” q1 2021. So just wanted to see if anyone had notice it in the US. No drama though, headlights are the least of my concerns when deciding what car to buy and when :)
fair enough. they will come soon enough. trust people will be upset about that as well. however, I like the current headlights. I do think a car with level of tech should have better headlights, at least adaptive headlights. but we shall see what this brings. so far, its a wider and more sharp cutoff with a lot less scatter of light. which is welcome. :)

Tesla site now says "1-12 Weeks" for Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive in California. I thought it was a typo. At least they aren't lying haha

upload_2020-12-15_17-12-6.png