Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed “2021” Model S waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats to those ordering a refreshed MS.

I’ve been hell-bent on replacing my E-Class with a MY while waiting for the Cybertruck, but the new MS is tempting...

More $$$ but with faster acceleration, vented seats, heated windshield, adaptive suspension, active noise cancellation... Seems like there’s a lot to justify the price differential.

Reactions: DIL and Filter
Just finalized my new S. No deliver date yet. Couldn’t confirm yoke or wheel. Advisor hinted at late March or early April. Ordered 1/15 and edited on 2/2 to refresh. Call Tuesday from Fremont to make sure I wanted to move forward.

Just finalized my new S. No deliver date yet. Couldn’t confirm yoke or wheel. Advisor hinted at late March or early April. Ordered 1/15 and edited on 2/2 to refresh. Call Tuesday from Fremont to make sure I wanted to move forward.
If you click on View Build Details, you should see that it says Yoke Steering for a Model S:
upload_2021-2-26_7-30-13.png

or Yoke Steering Wheel for a Model X:
upload_2021-2-26_7-31-51.png

If you have a Plaid+ that was ordered before the January announcement, then it probably doesn't show any yoke information:

upload_2021-3-2_7-18-58.png

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Sold my E-Class and order MS LR All black on 1/6....I don't even have a date :). My wife just got the 2021 Escalade Onyx package, so I have to put that old fashion vehicle to shame.

Glad they added the chrome delete as I was going to have that done aftermarket.
Will swap the wheels with these is 19" - Lexani Wheels | Stuttgart
Add one of the TSport Carbon spoilers
Tint and Ceramic coat
Paint the calipers

And I'll be ready for the summer. It's my first Tesla, so I'm super excited...got the home charger installed last month as well.

Sold my E-Class and order MS LR All black on 1/6....I don't even have a date :). My wife just got the 2021 Escalade Onyx package, so I have to put that old fashion vehicle to shame.

Glad they added the chrome delete as I was going to have that done aftermarket.
Will swap the wheels with these is 19" - Lexani Wheels | Stuttgart
Add one of the TSport Carbon spoilers
Tint and Ceramic coat
Paint the calipers

And I'll be ready for the summer. It's my first Tesla, so I'm super excited...got the home charger installed last month as well.

Planning to order the same spoiler too but I wonder if it will still fit the refresh new model s.

If you click on View Build Details, you should see that it says Yoke Steering for a Model S:
View attachment 640199

View attachment 640200
View attachment 640199

View attachment 640200
Mine does say yoke but my advisor friend who is in sales says it’s not approved yet

Congrats to those ordering a refreshed MS.

I’ve been hell-bent on replacing my E-Class with a MY while waiting for the Cybertruck, but the new MS is tempting...

More $$$ but with faster acceleration, vented seats, heated windshield, adaptive suspension, active noise cancellation... Seems like there’s a lot to justify the price differential.

I ordered a Model S while waiting on my Cybertruck. Was going to buy a Model Y but the Model S refresh looks too cool. Yes I am on the Yoke side. It would be nice for the steering be the buyer choice.

I ordered a Model S while waiting on my Cybertruck. Was going to buy a Model Y but the Model S refresh looks too cool. Yes I am on the Yoke side. It would be nice for the steering be the buyer choice.

The problem with optional steering wheels is everyone and their mother is going to need a test drive before deciding. I could see that heavily slowing down sales/delivery numbers.

The problem with optional steering wheels is everyone and their mother is going to need a test drive before deciding. I could see that heavily slowing down sales/delivery numbers.

Not me. I’m going with the yoke. I have a JetPilot steering wheel on my Model 3 so I have 2 years of experience with a steering device without the top part. It actually works well in all situations, including U turns. In fact it’s easier to drive with than a full round wheel.

C4330EA0-F997-4629-B989-99BC9764DA8A.jpeg

Attachments

• B7AA9B51-1736-4B24-9B14-BC9BA2FD65DF.jpeg
    B7AA9B51-1736-4B24-9B14-BC9BA2FD65DF.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 52
Ok me too, mostly. But I suspect most buyers are like me in that if they have the option, they’re going to want to try the yoke first before deciding.

Tesla has always had a lot of buyers without requiring test drives. If the yoke is an option, that number will presumably decrease.