Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I think I’m gonna have to take it .. especially since Ive been towing daily with it for 3 years at max capacity 😅 who knows how beat up its internals are
Cutch26: Just out of curiosity, on your 2016 model X 90d with 86,000 miles on it, how much battery degradation did you get under these severe conditions? If you don't know the percentage, when you charge to 100% - what is the range indicated (and, for comparison, your original car range rating).

Thanks!

My original EDD was May 2021 and I made sure to get my tesla wall charger installed prior to "delivery". Now that my tesla wall charger is approaching it's 1 year birthday and has never been used, I think Tesla's plan in giving us these ridiculously inaccurate delivery estimates is to sell more chargers. I don't even know if mine works. Probably not even in warranty anymore.

I think most people who can afford 100K+ can easily afford the extra 10K.... Its a matter of principal... I don't want to give Tesla money for something that is half baked and nowhere near ready. Chances are that by the time it is ready I will have moved on to a different car.... And that's if it ever is ready, lets face it Elon is a little bit of a scam artist.... He's been making promises and dangling a carrot in front of people for years now while happily taking their money........ I have a buddy who paid for FSD, has a 98 score and has yet to be invited to the beta. I always joke with him that he paid for something that he can't even use. Its a huge joke.
I 1000% agree. I had the FSD add-on but I will remove it before delivery. Elon has promised FSD will be a reality every year since 2014 and, much like with deliveries, he has missed the mark. I am all for getting it once it actually works, but until then I‘m not paying $10k for something until its functional and available for everyone.

That’s interesting. So guys like myself who actually rather go to a plaid can make the call and not lose my place. In regards to the pricing, it didn’t change or it didn’t change in my situation because I would have gotten 6 seaters anyways. Is that correct? I ordered my LR in March 2021
Yeah, you’d be paying a lot less had you ordered in 2020 like many of us. A lot less.

My original EDD was May 2021 and I made sure to get my tesla wall charger installed prior to "delivery". Now that my tesla wall charger is approaching it's 1 year birthday and has never been used, I think Tesla's plan in giving us these ridiculously inaccurate delivery estimates is to sell more chargers. I don't even know if mine works. Probably not even in warranty anymore.
Ha ha, I did the same. The charger is just hanging on the wall without a car.

Reactions: IAMCCF
What’s the correct way of installing the front license plate? Should we just manually drill holes? What’s the correct diameter of the drill? Why are they not providing instructions? This is so disrespectful to the customers.
In MA I think it's the law and it looks like there isn't a front license plate bracket sold by Tesla.

There are two aftermarket options:
- The one where you can mount it on the louvers
- The sticker option, which I'm going to personally do

This just proves my point! All the guys that are on here are ordering Plaids and then telling everyone "it's for the Wife... "

Wife thinks she is getting a nice SUV, all of the husbands are thinking that they are getting their dream rocketship that they have been wanting since High School....

This is outrageous! What's next? ... Wife realizes that husband snuck something pass her when she finally drives the rocketship (the baby in the back seat gets whiplash.... ) , goes out and picks up a pair of Diamond Earrings as retribution????

😁😁😁
🤣🤣🤣There is some truth to this! My wife could care less about performance although she currently drives a GL63 with a measly 550 hp. She knows she's getting the "higher end" Model X and that it's faster, also knows the price so no sneaking going on here. I do admit the performance is for me;)

Same here, they had been out of stock for part of 2020. As soon as they we’re in stock I ordered one and had it installed for my expected delivery in April 2021. It’s never been used my neighbors like to point out that fact.
It is an expensive green night light for the garage!