Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN’d 1/4

Called 1/5, said car was in final stages of inspection. Will be ready for delivery within next couple of days.

EDD 1/19-1/23, then updated EDD every day until Tuesday of last week.

Got text to schedule delivery. Shifted schedule and a planned trip around to make sure I’m available.

Delivery scheduled for 1/29.

Paid in full 1/28 after receiving text stating car is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning and will get a text when on its way.

Received text 2 hours later stating scheduled prematurely and car is still in inspection. “Can’t cancel or reverse payment otherwise it will cancel order”

Called today and said “car is still not ready, possibly in a few days, can’t see much information”

Why even assign a VIN to me?
man, this is a nightmare worse than not getting a VIN

Yes, I think so. I believe there’s someone who can’t pick up his/her car, so the sale called me. Last week I went to Tesla, talked with a guy, he said he put me in the wishlist when someone who can’t pick up his car then he can call me. And he said they only call the customer who in the list, so if you can, go to Tesla, let them put you in the wishlist.
Someone likely refused to accept the delivery because of some issues with the car...

Never got a call or a text to offer the 6 seats upgrade, order was placed in July, any @Florida Tesla owners that recent had deliver or a VIN number?

You mean to downgrade. 5 or 7 seats is better than 6 since the 6 seat config can't fold the middle row. If you haven't gotten the call yet, you will eventually.....unless they deliver you a unicorn.

With my EDD back to October, I'm hoping it will be long enough for them to start offering the 5/7 again since anything is better than the 6 seat config.

I didn't say the judge wouldn't summarily rule in the plaintiffs favor. I just said don't count on an automatic victory just because Tesla doesn't send anyone....if they don't send anyone.

Whether or not the plaintiff can prove that Tesla waved the $6500 for others has no bearing.
Actually, it likely does. The legal principle of inducement can be used. The argument in favor of recovery is that Tesla used a promise of delivery before year end to induce a customer to upgrade to the 6 seat variation at an increased price. Tesla failed to deliver on its commitment then allowed other customers to accelerate their delivery without paying the price increase - while still failing to fulfill the order of the initial customer. Yes, it's all verbal but in a small claims court that likely won't matter much. And if the other party doesn't show up, then it's literally "your word against theirs" ... and they won't be saying anything.

Took a few days off, and wow, 30 pages. Anyone want to give me Cliff Notes? @Stro, still saddled up at the bar?
I'll give it a go:

blah, blah, blah...no EDD change, more drone videos, and more people waaayyyy down the lineup getting snuck on by.

Give it another 100 and we might see...an EDD change.

Actually, it likely does. The legal principle of inducement can be used. The argument in favor of recovery is that Tesla used a promise of delivery before year end to induce a customer to upgrade to the 6 seat variation at an increased price. Tesla failed to deliver on its commitment then allowed other customers to accelerate their delivery without paying the price increase - while still failing to fulfill the order of the initial customer. Yes, it's all verbal but in a small claims court that likely won't matter much. And if the other party doesn't show up, then it's literally "your word against theirs" ... and they won't be saying anything.
The problem with this argument is that you already know all of this and still proceed to accept delivery. If the plaintiff is unhappy with the deal, they could walk away right? Not take delivery. By taking delivery, in my mind is that you are accepting the price. They induced you to upgrade but when they didn't deliver, you could've asked for your money back or switch back to a 5/7 seater. Instead the plaintiff would be keeping the 6, getting deliveries before other 5 and 7 seaters and then going to court complaining that others got a 6 seater for free.

I understand that it is unfair, but still sounds like there is very little legal argument that Tesla owes the plaintiff if they take delivery of the vehicle as a 6 seater.

You mean to downgrade. 5 or 7 seats is better than 6 since the 6 seat config can't fold the middle row. If you haven't gotten the call yet, you will eventually.....unless they deliver you a unicorn.

With my EDD back to October, I'm hoping it will be long enough for them to start offering the 5/7 again since anything is better than the 6 seat config.
Blatantly stating that 5/7 is better than 6 is ridiculous. We chose the captain chairs and chose to order 6 seats. Some people don’t care to fold down all the seats once a year.

Hey now, I AM the wife, and I know exactly what I’m getting! My husband can drive the car when I’m on travel. I actually chose an LR rather than the plaid due to range and I know the LR will be a rocket. Honestly didn’t think I would enjoy the plaid 20K more. With all the plaid deliveries taking place right now I’m having some remorse.
I am the wife too. The x plaid was ordered for me.
We have the 2021 Y performance too but I’m excited for the X plaid and can easily tell the difference between the Tesla models.

My first car was a 65 mustang GT convertible that I replaced the floor pans in myself and added seatbelts. It was what I drove in HS and I graduated in 93

Well I got a VIN for my MX Plaid last Wednesday (1/26). At the time I had a March EDD. Already in an email exchange with SA re: $6500 for 5->6 seat free upgrade still showing up on my order. Got a phone call from them the week prior.

Next day (Thursday 1/27) I get a phone call from Tesla nudging me to complete my delivery tasks. Was waiting on completing the finance piece until it was clear if that $6500 should come out of the financed amount or the due at signing amount. Originally had Corte Madera (Marin County, Bay Area) as my delivery location, bus asked if I could pick up at Fremont (Did a Volvo overseas delivery on my XC90, so on a streak of picking up cars from their respective factories). Dude on the phone said the car was already in Corte Madera and that they would be delivering it to me (20 mins south of Corte Madera in San Francisco). Guy said he could put a request in for pickup from Corte Madera service center. Drove up there later that night and saw the vehicle on the lot in Corte Madera. Looked good!

Saturday I say the hell with it and submit financing application. get approved no problem. Filled out all Tesla Insurance items as well. All tasks done except for scheduling delivery/pickup, and thats when I notice thats nowhere to be found on my account, and also notice the VIN disappeared. Still have an EDD of January 31-Feb 3 in my Account right now, but no current VIN assigned.

Anyone have this happen? Wonder if there was something up with the vehicle? or they give it to someone else?
You have to book delivery to lock it in, then complete tasks.

• Informative
Reactions: zapparino
Blatantly stating that 5/7 is better than 6 is ridiculous. We chose the captain chairs and chose to order 6 seats. Some people don’t care to fold down all the seats once a year.
No need to get angry. Different strokes for different folks.

For some, the 6-seats are better since the middle row captain chairs are more comfortable.

For others - including me - 6-seats are practically a deal killer because the captain chairs Do Not Fold, and I really use the full cargo capacity several times per month.

VIN’d 1/4

Called 1/5, said car was in final stages of inspection. Will be ready for delivery within next couple of days.

EDD 1/19-1/23, then updated EDD every day until Tuesday of last week.

Got text to schedule delivery. Shifted schedule and a planned trip around to make sure I’m available.

Delivery scheduled for 1/29.

Paid in full 1/28 after receiving text stating car is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning and will get a text when on its way.

Received text 2 hours later stating scheduled prematurely and car is still in inspection. “Can’t cancel or reverse payment otherwise it will cancel order”

Called today and said “car is still not ready, possibly in a few days, can’t see much information”

Why even assign a VIN to me?

Dude, same *sugar* is going on with me. I think they just gave everyone delivery dates to placate us, because “TBD” was causing too much animosity / phone calls.

Reactions: Miyakudude