Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've had the 5, 7 and hopefully 6 this month.

the 7 back seats were useless for us except if we needed it for very short distances. Dont know why people get it for Y.

6 seat is too expensive to get an additional seat over the 5.

The 5 bench is very wide and is a lot more roomy than a model S and seating position is better. So I do disagree that a 5 X buyer would be happy with an S.

I also have had the Y and 3. The Y is nice for people in the front seats, but the suspension isn't comfortable for the rear. The model X rear is much better and noticeably wider. I could fit 2 big kid seats on the bench in the X and still sit comfortably in the middle of the 2. You wouldn't be able to do that in a S
Agree to this. I have an S and X and the sitting experience is not comparable nor is the getting in and out of the driver seat. Some people want that high up SUV feel that you just don’t get with a sedan.

So much 5/7 seat talk jamming up this thread. I think Tesla doesn't see the point of making 5/7 seat X's and I agree:
5 Seat - just get a Model S - it's more practical, has similar storage space.
7 Seat - Back row is useless, very uncomfortable, low visibility.
Making just one type of X is a great business decision from manufacturing and maintenance standpoints.
But I do feel for buyers who are getting the bait and switch, that stinks.
The X allows us older and taller humans to get in and out much easier. I passed on an S and got a 3 in 2019 simply because I could get in and out easier. it was our first EV and I didn’t want to pay the cost of an X not knowing if I would like an EV. Turns out i loved it. Lease up, ordered an XLR in April 2021.
MXLR/5/WHITE/CREAM/20/NO FSD; 6’4”@72years

Agree to this. I have an S and X and the sitting experience is not comparable nor is the getting in and out of the driver seat. Some people want that high up SUV feel that you just don’t get with a sedan.
That was almost my entire motivation for switching from an S to an X before I found out my wife was pregnant with #2... I fully tore my ACL a year ago and stepping up out of a super low slung seat is just not comfortable anymore.

I’ve had a Tesla for over 6 years now, always in states that required a front license plate (Ohio and Oregon), and I’ve never installed one. Been pulled over a few times, but have yet to have a cop say a thing about the lack of a front plate. I think they get that the car is too beautiful to ruin with a front plate. If they eventually decide to ticket me over it, I’ll pay it and continue to not use a front plate.
Ohio doesn't require a front plate anymore :)