Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So much 5/7 seat talk jamming up this thread. I think Tesla doesn't see the point of making 5/7 seat X's and I agree:
5 Seat - just get a Model S - it's more practical, has similar storage space.
7 Seat - Back row is useless, very uncomfortable, low visibility.
Making just one type of X is a great business decision from manufacturing and maintenance standpoints.
But I do feel for buyers who are getting the bait and switch, that stinks.

Everyone has their POV for sure. Mine differs. 5 seat X is nothing like an S and has significantly more storage space than the S.

So much 5/7 seat talk jamming up this thread. I think Tesla doesn't see the point of making 5/7 seat X's and I agree:
5 Seat - just get a Model S - it's more practical, has similar storage space.
7 Seat - Back row is useless, very uncomfortable, low visibility.
Making just one type of X is a great business decision from manufacturing and maintenance standpoints.
But I do feel for buyers who are getting the bait and switch, that stinks.

I've had an S for 7 years. It has good storage but nowhere near what the X when all seats are folded down in 5/7 config.
Have you sat in the back row? There are already tons of videos on youtube showing adults sitting in the back with good leg room as long as the middle row isn't back all the way.
I need 5000lbs of towing capacity with the trailer lights and brake controller hookup. I'd consider another S if Tesla offered this feature on the S.
Those that actually have a family large enough to require 7 seats are SOL.

I'd be fine with the 6 seat config if they could have folded down.

I've had an S for 7 years. It has good storage but nowhere near what the X when all seats are folded down in 5/7 config.
Have you sat in the back row? There are already tons of videos on youtube showing adults sitting in the back with good leg room as long as the middle row isn't back all the way.
I need 5000lbs of towing capacity with the trailer lights and brake controller hookup. I'd consider another S if Tesla offered this feature on the S.
Those that actually have a family large enough to require 7 seats are SOL.

I'd be fine with the 6 seat config if they could have folded down.
I'd prob be fine with changing to 6 seat if they at least offered it to pre-hike 5/7 seaters for the $3500 upcharge to avoid further unknown delays. I would miss the fold-down second row for sure, but can use my father's 7 seat 2020 X for the rare times I need the max storage space, and an earlier delivery may be worth it.

I hope not, I’ll cancel my order if the 6 seat is the only option. My dog can’t lay across bucket seats.
I have two dogs that travel with me. If I have to switch to a 6 seater I’ll go ahead and order a foam block to put between the seats, then cover it with the hammock to protect everything. I have a six seater right now, and it is a bit of pain which is why I ordered the 7 seat config.

0B2B4D9B-53AB-423D-B8BD-553F02BC485F.jpeg

Forgive me if this has been answered or common knowledge, but does the refresh X still have radar? Wondering if it’s still radar or if they switched our cars to Tesla vision already too. A post on their site says:

“All new Model S and Model X, as well as all vehicles built for markets outside of North America, will continue to be equipped with radar and will have radar-supported Autopilot functionality until we determine the appropriate time to transition those vehicles to Tesla Vision.”

Reactions: Pdubb
Forgive me if this has been answered or common knowledge, but does the refresh X still have radar? Wondering if it’s still radar or if they switched our cars to Tesla vision already too. A post on their site says:

“All new Model S and Model X, as well as all vehicles built for markets outside of North America, will continue to be equipped with radar and will have radar-supported Autopilot functionality until we determine the appropriate time to transition those vehicles to Tesla Vision.”
Yes I believe they come with radar still as standard.

Reactions: tintedrosie
So I was driving by some random area in NJ and just stumbled upon a refreshed MX sitting on a truck, but not one of the big delivery trucks that you see at the factory….. no plates on the car and the truck was just sitting on the side of the road with no driver. This wasn’t anywhere near a SC, probably 30+ miles away from the nearest…… I was thinking maybe a home delivery, but aren’t those usually done by an SA driving the car?

Attachments

• 7BEC9CC6-638E-4359-9BC8-5AEF85307006.jpeg
    7BEC9CC6-638E-4359-9BC8-5AEF85307006.jpeg
    929 KB · Views: 75
  • C616ADEB-D668-4E99-91FD-5B45E45899D8.jpeg
    C616ADEB-D668-4E99-91FD-5B45E45899D8.jpeg
    1,001.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 5B4C252C-729A-467F-B82A-C231DA3A5279.jpeg
    5B4C252C-729A-467F-B82A-C231DA3A5279.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • D38DDBCB-95F7-4D61-9C97-1E992A53360B.jpeg
    D38DDBCB-95F7-4D61-9C97-1E992A53360B.jpeg