Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was driving by some random area in NJ and just stumbled upon a refreshed MX sitting on a truck, but not one of the big delivery trucks that you see at the factory….. no plates on the car and the truck was just sitting on the side of the road with no driver. This wasn’t anywhere near a SC, probably 30+ miles away from the nearest…… I was thinking maybe a home delivery, but aren’t those usually done by an SA driving the car?
Probably private towing from owner

Just a reminder for all of those waiting on a VIN that getting a VIN apparently still doesn’t mean much of anything. I got mine over 2 weeks ago now, and today is the third time they’ve pushed back my estimated delivery date (now 2/5 - 2/15). I called tesla and of course, no one there knows anything about anything, and they have no idea where my X actually is, or why they keep pushing it back. Same old $hit as always - once your estimated date passes, they just push it back a bit more.
Getting a VIN could mean that your car comes within a couple days, or it could mean that you’re back in another game of continually slipping dates. Just the same as before you get a VIN…

If it’s not already perfectly clear to everyone, ESTIMATED DATES FROM TESLA MEAN NOTHING! They’re simply temporary placeholders

Thank you. Do you know is there any building difference? Or only the vin number?
Nope identical vehicles just perceived value.. if someone saw a 2021 X for sale and a 22 with identical mileage pricing and specs they would always choose the 22.. i would even venture to say that if the 22 was identical specs and a few thousand more most would pay the extra money

So I just got a call from my service advisor (first call I’ve received from Tesla since placing my order).

They told me they were simplifying orders - 6-seater or gtfo. They are also covering the price diff though. I ordered a 5-seater.

They claim the prince change isn’t reflected until 72 hours before delivery though.

Yes I believe they come with radar still as standard.
I was looking at the sticker that is normally on the windows of new cars with all the features and mine did show radar. One thing I saw I am not sure about it is said it showed 4 induction charging pads. I have 2 at the center console (or are there 4 there) but I don't see 2 anywhere else.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I expect the 5 seater before the 7 seater. This assumption is based on the supply chain limitation being something with the bench seats and so if you have a limited number of bench seats you are of course going to sell 5 seaters to boost profit margin and operating leverage. If I get a call to switch to 5 seater from 7 I will certainly take it.
I read somewhere (probably back 400 pages in this thread 😅) that the middle bench in the 7-seater isn't the same part as the middle bench from the 5-seater. The reason this makes sense is that the middle bench of the 7-seater needs these seats to fold so that a passenger can climb into the 3rd row; the middle bench from the 5-seater doesn't have this feature, of course.

If this is correct, it means that Tesla needs 4 sets of middle/rear seats to make 3 configurations:
  1. Captain seats for middle row of 6-seater
  2. Fixed middle bench for 5-seater
  3. Folding middle bench for 7-seater
  4. Rear bench for 6-seater and 7-seater
If Tesla were to eliminate one option, it seems to me they would eliminate the 5-seater configuration since it's nearly redundant with the 7-seater configuration. I say nearly redundant because my understanding is the middle row for the 5-seater is further back than in the 7-seater configuration, giving more leg room in the middle row of the 5-seater.

For my situation, the 5-seater is ideal. I would reluctantly switch to a 7-seater configuration, but I have a hard time accepting the 6-seater configuration with captain chairs that Do Not Fold. Now, if the captain chairs folded, I would pay a premium for the 6-seater configuration.

Reactions: ICUdoc30
Oh, do you know the difference between 2021 and 2022 vin?
here's how to interpret the Tesla VINs:

PositionDescription
1-3Manufacturer
4Make
5Body Type
6Restraint System
7Battery Type
8Motor/Drive Unit
9Check Character
10Model Year
11Location of Manufacture
12Serial #, 100,000s digit
13-17Serial Number Digits

You can use VIN Decoder – TeslaTap which will give you more information.

Just a reminder for all of those waiting on a VIN that getting a VIN apparently still doesn’t mean much of anything. I got mine over 2 weeks ago now, and today is the third time they’ve pushed back my estimated delivery date (now 2/5 - 2/15). I called tesla and of course, no one there knows anything about anything, and they have no idea where my X actually is, or why they keep pushing it back. Same old $hit as always - once your estimated date passes, they just push it back a bit more.
Getting a VIN could mean that your car comes within a couple days, or it could mean that you’re back in another game of continually slipping dates. Just the same as before you get a VIN…

If it’s not already perfectly clear to everyone, ESTIMATED DATES FROM TESLA MEAN NOTHING! They’re simply temporary placeholders

Yep, got my VIN over a month ago and my delivery date range has been pushed back five times.

Reactions: Miyakudude
This is better than getting a VIN.
Tesla kinda treat me well lately.

Wish you guys getting this text soon.

9A9588EA-E366-4AB1-8A50-22F798A13136.jpeg