Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, he acknowledged however still unclear on the dates. At least giving an estimate would make consumers better prepared. If there is a limiting factor for interior trims, does it mean they are going to only continue 6 seats? Very unclear information.
Acknowledgement with no path for resolution revealed.

Reactions: CaptanAdequate
It’s been over a year now and with this month to month push back with the sprinkle of random VINs it’s become impossible to plan my life. Summer vacation? Visiting relatives? Nope. Can’t schedule anything because what if Tesla decides that the time I’m away is their unmovable 3 day pickup period when they’ve been screwing with MY schedule for over a year? I’m so over this company.

And worse, once I have the car, the customer service still blows so I better not have any problems, right? I keep asking myself why the hell am I even doing this anymore? Maybe it’s a sign from the universe to move on to something else.

Sounds like broken record but my EDD moved to April as well.

Question: I am surviving on monthly car rentals for past few months as Tesla keeps toying with me with EDD moving by a month. Is there anybody similar situation like me?

Does anyone have better and less expensive suggestion in my situation? I considered Volvo subscription but it has 5 months lock so I am not sure about it.

Thanks

Finally, he acknowledged however still unclear on the dates. At least giving an estimate would make consumers better prepared. If there is a limiting factor for interior trims, does it mean they are going to only continue 6 seats? Very unclear information.

Gee, it only took since last June (I think) to provide some sort of update. He'll get back to answering questions about rollout in the next quarter. Until then "production is hard". Twitter isn't the place to try to answer a question anyway. I doubt we'll see anything further on this.

Reactions: gglockner
I decided to order a Model Y in addition the the X.

Today the X moved to a May delivery, as everyone had happen as well.

My Model Y changed from August 2022 to June 15-July 6 delivery window.

Tired of waiting for the X. If we like the Y we'll keep it, otherwise sell it whenever the X shows up.

I did the same thing and that order has also jumped all around randomly like a drunken elf during the holidays. Last i checked it moved to three months out again. Just a different type of pain - told the MYP is a bit more stable compared to my LR order.

Question: I am surviving on monthly car rentals for past few months as Tesla keeps toying with me with EDD moving by a month. Is there anybody similar situation like me?

Does anyone have better and less expensive suggestion in my situation? I considered Volvo subscription but it has 5 months lock so I am not sure about it.

Thanks
ya I agree with you...5 month sounds too short.

Thanks
Which state are you in? I’ve been having a lot of luck with Flexcar but they’re only available in certain areas. Week-to-week rentals, $80 and up per week depending on car plus $0.40/mile. It’s practical as long as you don’t need to drive too much.

UPDATE!! on my complaint about switching to 6 seat from 5 for my plaid for faster delivery last year then them switching all plaids to 6 seat for free. I was able to get them to refund me 3500 which isn’t great but is much better than most people on here who haven’t had any luck after essentially being tricked into paying for the 6 seat upgrade
How? We talked, emailed, texted so many people and got only a NO for any type of refund for our 5 to 6 seat plaid switch.

Congrats

I decided to order a Model Y in addition the the X.

Today the X moved to a May delivery, as everyone had happen as well.

My Model Y changed from August 2022 to June 15-July 6 delivery window.

Tired of waiting for the X. If we like the Y we'll keep it, otherwise sell it whenever the X shows up.
Did the same thing on 2/6/22. Mx LR moved to April today. I ordered 1/27/21. The MY performance already has a delivery range 3/6/22-3/21/22. It’ll probably change but for the deposit, it’s worth the option.

I’m glad that Elon at least finally acknowledged it’s a cluster and that trim is the main issue (makes sense what they’re doing in the tents in the staging lot).

Doesn’t help us, but I’m happier that at least he has acknowledged we exist. Wish he’d actually see the tweets of more who complain and address them.