Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just called me to let me know they can’t deliver my MX tomorrow because the trade-in paperwork hasn’t been received internally yet. Her best estimate for my delivery is now Wednesday. I asked if I could swing by to inspect it anyway. She asked “why? It’s perfect!” I told her I had friends that had had theirs delivered with missing parts, cracked windshields, panel gaps, etc. She replied , “panel gaps are normal. I’d they are 5mm or less, it’s within spec.” I told her I had my own spec and I would reject anything I decided didn’t meet my standards. She said that “only 2 in 4” teslas come with issues. She quickly corrected herself to say 1 in 10. Kept telling me to not worry. That the car was perfect. Now my wait continues.
Why not go over to the Tesla service center and find your car parked outside? Look it over. You may not get inside but you can check it out and anything major, tell them at that time. They may have a fence but you should be able to walk in there and see it.

Reactions: UCF3 and ironwill96
Why not go over to the Tesla service center and find your car parked outside? Look it over. You may not get inside but you can check it out and anything major, tell them at that time. They may have a fence but you should be able to walk in there and see it.
This is a good idea. Share pics here please, @Stro !
Oh I’m going today. I’m not one to follow rules. Nothing would ever get accomplished if we just followed rules.

My wife and I drove from St. Louis to South Bend, IN yesterday. We saw literally dozens of 18 wheelers in ditches along the entire route. I have never seen anything like it. Trucks plowed into farmland; trucks on their side; jackknifed trucks. At one spot, we saw five 18 wheelers plowed into ditches within what seemed like 100 yards of each other.

We have had some weather over the last few weeks in the Midwest. I can understand a few cars and/or trucks, but this was unbelievable. We just kept seeing them over the entire 5-6 hour drive. Many had packages spilling out of the trailers. We saw at least one Amazon truck.

I am not sure why so many wiped out. My guess is a combination of wind and icy roads. Fortunately, we didn't see any car carriers ditched (maybe because of their weight?), but we did see one with hazards blinking on the side of the road.

It was eye opening. I imagine this makes an already tenuous time for logistics even more difficult. It made me appreciate how hard it must be to get a product from point A to point B in this big country.

There was another ice storm blizzard yesterday. Why they're trying to drive through a nightmare is the bigger question. They need to be smarter. It was 4 hours of whiteout conditions with 60 mph gusts constantly ripping through.

That was the bullseye corridor you drove.

Reactions: jbrowdy
You guys must have missed my post where they already canceled my delivery for today and postponed it to Wednesday. They even claimed that my car was perfect. When I asked to still come today to inspect, they asked me not to but to trust them.

So yea, today is just another day in paradise. But thank you for the well wishes.
Hope you get a happy ending 😉 or happy beginning I would say

Does anyone have confirmed all weather mats that fit for the refresh? I’ve seen some back and forth of older ones fitting perfectly.

In the mad scramble of now getting all accessories together, delivery set for next Friday!

Of course it had to come in the week I left for vacation. That being said, I did drive by the delivery center on my way to the airport, car and matching vin was there, still with the white plastic wrap around much of the exterior. But on quick spot check doors at least are all flush and align!

Does anyone have confirmed all weather mats that fit for the refresh? I’ve seen some back and forth of older ones fitting perfectly.

In the mad scramble of now getting all accessories together, delivery set for next Friday!

Of course it had to come in the week I left for vacation. That being said, I did drive by the delivery center on my way to the airport, car and matching vin was there, still with the white plastic wrap around much of the exterior. But on quick spot check doors at least are all flush and align!
I 2nd this RFI. we have 2018 tuxmats. hoping they fit 2022.

I forgot to mention that I went to our Tesla dealership in person since I had some other questions related to delivery, that's when she scheduled mine and gave me the ETA on my car! But try calling Raleigh Sales (919) 784-0493
I went to my SC to ask if they had any info and was basically told to F off. They were so dismissive that I seriously felt like a peasant that was there to ask for handouts and not someone spending 100k….