Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason my tweet about my Plaid picked up alotta traction for no reason lol šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚ and thatā€™s just a photo of the orderā€¦imagine posting the actual car šŸ˜‚
65BA46B8-4DBA-484D-AB24-799638EFB9D7.png

I went to check out an X7 yesterday as well! None in stock but two on the way so Iā€™m heading back next week.
I saw some EV6ā€™s and Ioniq 5ā€™s in inventory and decided to see if I can place an order and pick them up. Funny how we expect all other cars to work like Tesla. Hyundai/Kia donā€™t have an order button. Itā€™s just a configure/build for giggles. Ultimately, itā€™s whatever the dealer orders and has in inventory that you can buy. For $5K over MSRP.

Now my eyes have started going towards a friggin MY because I pay the price I see on the screen and I get the car I order online. That prolly why even if I donā€™t get the Y, I may just wait for the ID4 on order and this darn MXLR on order.

Can yā€™all quit trying to cancel the 5/7 seat LRs for me?

Saying they wonā€™t make a 5 seater doesnā€™t make any sense to me - itā€™s the cheapest and easiest vehicle for them to build (the fewest parts). If their truly is a big foam shortage issue making the vehicle that needs the least amount of seating foam makes the most sense. It also has the most utility of any of the variants for actually carrying stuff.

I just got VIN'd... Order Date 1/20/2021. LRMX -- Blue, 20", 6 Seat, Cream, No FSD, 2022 VIN, estimated delivery 2/22-2/28, SC -- Devon PA...

Seems they are still making MXLR... my EDD immediately prior was July. I did not receive text/email/call. Just showed up on my app...
Iā€™m convinced they just bumped everyone to July so they can under promise over deliver. Thatā€™s my wishful thinking anyway!

My delivery just got pushed up to tomorrow. Iā€™ll be praying all night.
Today is your day - FINALLY! Wishing that it all goes well, that it's a pristine delivery that goes without a hitch and that you only return to this thread to commiserate with the rest of us long-timers still sitting in queue. Best of luck!

[Edit: Uh...yeah. Just read it's not happening until Wednesday. Should have read through the thread knowing how Tesla "guarantees" delivery actually works - like always. Anway, will repost this on Wedneday...I think...]

Last edited:
I just got VIN'd... Order Date 1/20/2021. LRMX -- Blue, 20", 6 Seat, Cream, No FSD, 2022 VIN, estimated delivery 2/22-2/28, SC -- Devon PA...

Seems they are still making MXLR... my EDD immediately prior was July. I did not receive text/email/call. Just showed up on my app...
This is the same build I'm waiting on. Can't wait to here how delivery goes. If you decline maybe they'll give me a call.

Reactions: kingjones94
Today is your day - FINALLY! Wishing that it all goes well, that it's a pristine delivery that goes without a hitch and that you only return to this thread to commiserate with the rest of us long-timers still sitting in queue. Best of luck!
Stroā€™s story is the never ending story so I wonā€™t believe it until we see photos, at his house, holding todayā€™s Houston newspaper.

Stroā€™s story is the never ending story so I wonā€™t believe it until we see photos, at his house, holding todayā€™s Houston newspaper.
You guys must have missed my post where they already canceled my delivery for today and postponed it to Wednesday. They even claimed that my car was perfect. When I asked to still come today to inspect, they asked me not to but to trust them.

So yea, today is just another day in paradise. But thank you for the well wishes.

You guys must have missed my post where they already canceled my delivery for today and postponed it to Wednesday. They even claimed that my car was perfect. When I asked to still come today to inspect, they asked me not to but to trust them.

So yea, today is just another day in paradise. But thank you for the well wishes.
Yeah, I just edited my post. BIG OOOPPPSSS. Makes my suggestion to sit overnight...hmmm - good? It might just get them to move their butts, but something tells me you're likely to get a restraining order. Inspect it until satisfied. Tell them you've earned an hour of inspection for each month of delay - watch their eyes go wide.

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26 and Stro

I somehow remembered that delay as being the first or second time they screwed it up. Itā€™s hard to keep track of how many times theyā€™ve messed your order up.

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
Tesla just called me to let me know they canā€™t deliver my MX tomorrow because the trade-in paperwork hasnā€™t been received internally yet. Her best estimate for my delivery is now Wednesday. I asked if I could swing by to inspect it anyway. She asked ā€œwhy? Itā€™s perfect!ā€ I told her I had friends that had had theirs delivered with missing parts, cracked windshields, panel gaps, etc. She replied , ā€œpanel gaps are normal. Iā€™d they are 5mm or less, itā€™s within spec.ā€ I told her I had my own spec and I would reject anything I decided didnā€™t meet my standards. She said that ā€œonly 2 in 4ā€ teslas come with issues. She quickly corrected herself to say 1 in 10. Kept telling me to not worry. That the car was perfect. Now my wait continues.
Ugh!

youā€™re probably on the same truck as i am. picking up in devon on the 26th, noon. a friend is picking up his model Y perf same day at 10am.

My wife and I drove from St. Louis to South Bend, IN yesterday. We saw literally dozens of 18 wheelers in ditches along the entire route. I have never seen anything like it. Trucks plowed into farmland; trucks on their side; jackknifed trucks. At one spot, we saw five 18 wheelers plowed into ditches within what seemed like 100 yards of each other.

We have had some weather over the last few weeks in the Midwest. I can understand a few cars and/or trucks, but this was unbelievable. We just kept seeing them over the entire 5-6 hour drive. Many had packages spilling out of the trailers. We saw at least one Amazon truck.

I am not sure why so many wiped out. My guess is a combination of wind and icy roads. Fortunately, we didn't see any car carriers ditched (maybe because of their weight?), but we did see one with hazards blinking on the side of the road.

It was eye opening. I imagine this makes an already tenuous time for logistics even more difficult. It made me appreciate how hard it must be to get a product from point A to point B in this big country.