Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My app is still showing a 3/12-3/16 EDD and is asking me to provide proof of insurance and pay the balance. Yet I do not see any links for a credit application (through Tesla) or trade-in info (on the app or via the web) What am I missing? Thanks MX family.
You can email [email protected] and ask them to open up your reservation to apply for finance and enter trade in details.

• Informative
Reactions: Empty tank
There is so much debate about this, that the other sections on this board all agree to just switch it to percentage because it will never be correct. Its just an estimate

I’ve seen others state this as well (use %). To each their own I guess.

For me, if I know I have 85 miles to get to the next Supercharger, I don’t want to be looking at % range. I want to see 100+ miles range available. 😀

What do plaid owners think of the acceleration ? Must be insane given that LR owners seem to think it’s insanely fast! Do you guys daily drive in plaid mode or keep it on sport or chill ?
The first couple times you launch it are kind of scary haha. So yes, it’s very very very fast. I don’t zoom around normally though (especially as I’m trying to maintain my FSD safety score). I always leave it in Plaid mode though. Not sure why I would pick anything else since I can just go slower by not applying so much force on the pedal….

For me, if I know I have 85 miles to get to the next Supercharger, I don’t want to be looking at % range. I want to see 100+ miles range available. 😀
See but that’s the problem… you will think you have 85 miles but you don’t really. It’s just an estimate based on your current driving history, conditions, etc…. Percentage on the other hand is accurately depicting what percentage of your battery is remaining. You just have to determine what percentage you are comfortable arriving at the supercharger with and then plan accordingly.

Sorry for the long post, but here is my thoughts after the first week of owning the car.

Now that I’ve had my MX LR for a full week, I figured I’d give a review. Let me explain what my previous car was to understand my thinking when I think of my new upgrade. I was able to get an early version of the Model 3 back in 2018 (# 8057) which didn’t contain a lot of the

Here is my comparison of your comments to my Dec. 2017 MX -LR, 5 seater with a rated range of 295 Miles. The car now has 63,000.

Front Doors: Yes they are heavy. I eventually turned off Self Presenting Mode - was kind of sad about it, but the number of times it would open when I did not want it to, was too many... One area of concern is a narrow busy street - it would scare the be jibes of oncoming drivers, when the door opened itself as I was getting close to it.

Falcon Wing Doors: Worked the same way, once in a while it would not open all of the way. Look for a rub mark in the C pillar (look at one of my other postings, I show pictures) If the problem still exists, need to put teflon tape over it / or make adjustments so plastic is not rubbing.

Suspension: No noises from suspension - and definitely none when the car is rising or dropping in height in my driveway.

Autopilot: I have EAP on the MX... works great (a few phantom brakes...). My new Y has FSD without radar - lots of phantom braking. FSD is great for the extra highway features.

Range: 100% started out at 295. At 63,000 miles is now 275. I usually fill up to 90%. With my new Y being rated 330 miles, I usually fill up to 80% and get the same range as my older X... so that should extend life of my battery pack.

We absolutely enjoy the X, it is a step up from the new Y - and definitely look forward to getting the 2023 MX ( :mad::rolleyes: ). Very glad for you that your enjoying the new car!

See but that’s the problem… you will think you have 85 miles but you don’t really. It’s just an estimate based on your current driving history, conditions, etc…. Percentage on the other hand is accurately depicting what percentage of your battery is remaining. You just have to determine what percentage you are comfortable arriving at the supercharger with and then plan accordingly.

Nope. Not buying it at all. % is good for around town, I don’t use it on trips.

Actually to be honest, I don’t use the main range display that much for trips. I use the Energy Graph - Trip chart. It works great and very accurate.

We just need the Energy Chart to come back to the X/S (unless it is back and I haven’t heard)

Reactions: bitmap and cjkosh

Absolutely show me miles. Drove a loan a few weeks ago at 15 degrees below zero and it told me in percentage. It meant nothing to me.

Actually the fuel tank mileage is NOT based on driving history, it is simply a relative indicator based upon the full tank rated mileage. If full = 320 miles, 50% full will read 160. To see the actual predicted range based upon your driving, you must use the energy graph, or be navigating to a destination and heed the warning messages from autopilot. Most of the time, true range is far less than that shown on the tank, especially if the car is cold.

I just finished a drive in a Model 3 RWD from West Palm Beach, Florida to Prescott, Arizona. My recommendation is to always always always pay attention to two things if you are planning to maximize distance between charging stops (meaning get relatively close to 0%).

1. Trust the car's navigation that tells you what % you will have when you arrive at the Supercharger. It will update in "real time" (probably every couple of minutes).

2. Watch the Wh consumption in the Energy screen over both 5 miles and 30 miles to understand over time what speed you can safely travel to arrive at your destination appropriately.

We had the issue where the Deming, New Mexico Supercharger is currently closed. We charged to 100% in El Paso and Willcox, Arizona was the next charging opportunity. The car told me to charge to 100% in El Paso, but for the first 20 miles it kept telling me to turn around and charge again in El Paso because there was insufficient charge to arrive at Willcox. I watched consumption and measured my speed until the car stopped telling me to turn around, then just ensured it never dropped the estimated arrival charge level below 3% - getting it as high as 6% at one point.

The distance was 192 miles from one charger to the next, yet the car said I could drive 290 miles. I would never ever trust the "miles" of range if my drive truly depended on it.

PS. I pulled into the Supercharger showing 0% on the battery. Admittedly, once I was close enough I started speeding up (a lot) to achieve that result. Something satisfying about arriving at 0%.

When you are going to a SuperCharger, it is best to Navigate there on the car's touchscreen. That will precondition the battery and provide more efficient charging. And it will show you your estimated % upon arrival.

BTW, your range available desire to see 100+ miles, won't know what route and speed limit to give you an accurate reading. Hence my Nav to the SuperCharger is your best most reliable prediction.

I just finished a drive in a Model 3 RWD from West Palm Beach, Florida to Prescott, Arizona. My recommendation is to always always always pay attention to two things if you are planning to maximize distance between charging stops (meaning get relatively close to 0%).

1. Trust the car's navigation that tells you what % you will have when you arrive at the Supercharger. It will update in "real time" (probably every couple of minutes).

2. Watch the Wh consumption in the Energy screen over both 5 miles and 30 miles to understand over time what speed you can safely travel to arrive at your destination appropriately.

We had the issue where the Deming, New Mexico Supercharger is currently closed. We charged to 100% in El Paso and Willcox, Arizona was the next charging opportunity. The car told me to charge to 100% in El Paso, but for the first 20 miles it kept telling me to turn around and charge again in El Paso because there was insufficient charge to arrive at Willcox. I watched consumption and measured my speed until the car stopped telling me to turn around, then just ensured it never dropped the estimated arrival charge level below 3% - getting it as high as 6% at one point.

The distance was 192 miles from one charger to the next, yet the car said I could drive 290 miles. I would never ever trust the "miles" of range if my drive truly depended on it.

PS. I pulled into the Supercharger showing 0% on the battery. Admittedly, once I was close enough I started speeding up (a lot) to achieve that result. Something satisfying about arriving at 0%.
I agree, with EV percent is way more accurate than miles. You'll get use to it eventually.

Mine is now 316 vs 314 last time. Interesting. Could it be dynamic based on driving mode + outside factors such as weather like others have said? I will 100% ask about this during my appointment at the SC. But maybe someone else with a new MX can chime in?

View attachment 774642
I don’t have one, but they generally just tell you to do a BMS recalibration. Charge to mid 90s and drain below 10. Cold snap could also be screwing with things, especially if you start with a cold-soaked battery. I often gain a couple % on those frosty days while charging and it sometimes will even charge to 77 if I set to 75 bc BMS catches up. I also have a wall connector 60A and 48 to the car, so it almost charges too fast. This is likely one of those “within spec” things until you force an engineer to run a test on all cells.