Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The list of things that Elon has promised and has yet to deliver is quite long.

Many of what you list is still within the initial or revised timelines.

The list of what he has promised and delivered is much longer in any case.

People who are uncomfortable with uncertainty probably shouldnt follow Tesla or Space-X or Boring company predictions and estimates. The aggressive innovation (and inevitable failures and delays that precede the accomplishments) generates too much uncertainty for their fragile sensibilities.

Anyone have experience transferring their Tesla lease through one of the lease trade sites? Experienced? Recommendations?

Do not transfer your lease right now... get your payoff amount and go to carmax, vroom, or Carvana and get a quote.... They are paying top dollar for cars right now....for example I have a Subaru ICE car lease and I am way over my miles (at around 42K) the lease doesn't expire until December..... my pay-off is 27k and carmax offered me 35k.... Carvana offered me 33K and they will pick it up from my house, I haven't tried Vroom yet but I will look in to that.

I think I am going to end up trying to extend my lease by 6 months and hope that I can still get some good value when the X finally comes out

Reactions: lauraut
Hey Guys, I did a little bit of research on the Model S 19" launch and maybe I can give some hope? The Pattern for their delivery could be similar to ours, June 16th the Model S wheels were updated to dark grey. Many people had EDD's between July, August, Sept which went blank for at least a month. Around August 1st people started getting updated EDD's with specific date ranges. Only about a week later people got VINs assigned. Around August 15th people took delivery of their Model S 19". If we follow that same pattern Model X got updated dark wheels August 22nd. To match Model S's pattern we should be getting updated EDD with specific ranges starting around October 6th. October 13-16 we should start VIN assignment followed by first deliveries in late October. Obviously this is just a guess based off the Model S 19" shipments but maybe the timeline ends up being similar.

Hey Guys, I did a little bit of research on the Model S 19" launch and maybe I can give some hope? The Pattern for their delivery could be similar to ours, June 16th the Model S wheels were updated to dark grey. Many people had EDD's between July, August, Sept which went blank for at least a month. Around August 1st people started getting updated EDD's with specific date ranges. Only about a week later people got VINs assigned. Around August 15th people took delivery of their Model S 19". If we follow that same pattern Model X got updated dark wheels August 22nd. To match Model S's pattern we should be getting updated EDD with specific ranges starting around October 6th. October 13-16 we should start VIN assignment followed by first deliveries in late October. Obviously this is just a guess based off the Model S 19" shipments but maybe the timeline ends up being similar.
My analysis concurs with your analysis and shows that your guess is at least as good as mine! :) :cool: :)

My January is back.
Curious as to when you ordered? My information is still showing blank and my order was placed on Mar 8.
Me too... Feb Order, now a blank EDD.... Is it so bad, they have stopped estimating delivery?? Things must be seriously gummed up if they can't launch a refreshed car in almost a year. Are they even delivering Model S's at this point? Cybertruck by 2030 at this rate :(
I went through the KC Service Center Saturday evening and they had probably 20 or more of the newly refreshed S, including both LR and Plaid. Hard to make any sense out of X delays given that the new S's are all over...

Curious as to when you ordered? My information is still showing blank and my order was placed on Mar 8.

I went through the KC Service Center Saturday evening and they had probably 20 or more of the newly refreshed S, including both LR and Plaid. Hard to make any sense out of X delays given that the new S's are all over...

This is what I find perplexing... People are claiming the chip shortage but Model S uses the same chips and they are being produced and delivered..... To the point that a bunch of them show up on Tesla.com inventory periodically....... Something must be off that is exclusive to the X or Tesla just made the decision to prioritize the S.... But if that was the case why wouldn't they make and deliver at least a few X plaid models in order to not completely alienate their X customers.

Anyway all this to say that I honestly think something is up with the X specifically that is not working well or they haven't been able to get right. Supply shortages would slow down production, but not hamper it completely to the point that not a single car is delivered in a period of a year.

This is what I find perplexing... People are claiming the chip shortage but Model S uses the same chips and they are being produced and delivered..... To the point that a bunch of them show up on Tesla.com inventory periodically....... Something must be off that is exclusive to the X or Tesla just made the decision to prioritize the S.... But if that was the case why wouldn't they make and deliver at least a few X plaid models in order to not completely alienate their X customers.

Anyway all this to say that I honestly think something is up with the X specifically that is not working well or they haven't been able to get right. Supply shortages would slow down production, but not hamper it completely to the point that not a single car is delivered in a period of a year.
Perhaps it is something specific to the X, but it might just be too expensive to start up the X line without being able to run it at full capacity due to the shortage. Would mean running the S line at a lower rate as well since they share much of the same parts...

Perhaps it is something specific to the X, but it might just be too expensive to start up the X line without being able to run it at full capacity due to the shortage. Would mean running the S line at a lower rate as well since they share much of the same parts...
Its obvious there is last minute design changes, the only one we can see being the wheels changing to black. That's my theory anyway. My fingers are crossed the design changes also add a foldable arm rest in the rear seat for 5 and 7 seat configurations :D

My December EDD just went blank today. It stayed December last week when others reported it disappearing. I am fairly certain that my 10/28/20 order date is one of the earliest out there. I always thought that the move from August EDD to December was just a “place holder’ event since all of the other dates (sept onward) remained untouched. We still have not seen a flyover in a few weeks. A very small part of me wonders if there are a few Model X’s that might be included in this historic end of quarter push. We need a flyover with any evidence of X production.

Reactions: henderrj and niogyn
My December EDD just went blank today. It stayed December last week when others reported it disappearing. I am fairly certain that my 10/28/20 order date is one of the earliest out there. I always thought that the move from August EDD to December was just a “place holder’ event since all of the other dates (sept onward) remained untouched. We still have not seen a flyover in a few weeks. A very small part of me wonders if there are a few Model X’s that might be included in this historic end of quarter push. We need a flyover with any evidence of X production.
I wouldn’t get my hopes up. I drive by the factory logistics lot nearly every day and while it has filled up considerably, I couldn’t see a single MX from the entrance gate. Maybe the flyover will show us something going on deeper inside the factory bounds.

• Helpful
Reactions: lauraut and Bogd
Sent an email to Tesla at [email protected] this morning inquiring about the status of my MXLR order. Received a reply back that "we are looking into next year, Jan-Mar delivery timing. As we get close to next year we can give you a more detailed date". Based on that response, it sounds like it's going to potentially be a full 12 months since placing the order. Poor customer service doesn't even come close to describing the experience. Delivery will be a full +9 months since the original delivery date provided after ordering.

Sent an email to Tesla at [email protected] this morning inquiring about the status of my MXLR order. Received a reply back that "we are looking into next year, Jan-Mar delivery timing. As we get close to next year we can give you a more detailed date". Based on that response, it sounds like it's going to potentially be a full 12 months since placing the order. Poor customer service doesn't even come close to describing the experience. Delivery will be a full +9 months since the original delivery date provided after ordering.
Which happens to be approximately the same timeline for new orders shown on the Tesla website. These SA's don't have any insider knowledge whatsoever, they are just regurgitating what information that's publicly available.

Reactions: focher and MxTaycan
Which happens to be approximately the same date shown on the Tesla website. These SA's don't have any insider knowledge whatsoever, they are just regurgitating what information that's publicly available.
Agree that they really know nothing more than what they're being told. The challenge I have is that a new order is showing Mar-Apr delivery and orders placed more than 6 months ago are showing the same. Does that mean there really aren't that many X's in the build queue and a new order is only a few months away or will those that place new orders experience the same "hope" that we had when originally placing our orders? 😄

• Funny
Reactions: kingjones94