Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree that they really know nothing more than what they're being told. The challenge I have is that a new order is showing Mar-Apr delivery and orders placed more than 6 months ago are showing the same. Does that mean there really aren't that many X's in the build queue and a new order is only a few months away or will those that place new orders experience the same "hope" that we had when originally placing our orders? 😄
I don’t think that anyone with a pre-Mid 2021 order has an EDD past January? Am I correct or did early 2021 orders get push back to later than Jan 2022?

What if the X holdup is related to the fire at the giant pressing machine at the Fremont plant that happened in March ...

I mean that would be consistent with the massive delay. For example, perhaps the machines are used to stamp the wing doors.

Or, even if the machine is not used explicitly for the model X, it being knocked out of service would force prioritizing production at the expense of not making model X cars for the time being.

I am just speculating, to whittle the time away...

• Funny
Reactions: henderrj
What if the X holdup is related to the fire at the giant pressing machine at the Fremont plant that happened in March ...

I mean that would be consistent with the massive delay. For example, perhaps the machines are used to stamp the wing doors.

Or, even if the machine is not used explicitly for the model X, it being knocked out of service would force prioritizing production at the expense of not making model X cars for the time being.

I am just speculating, to whittle the time away...

Just to be clear, I thought your proposition did in fact have some validity. I thought the ending statement was the funny one.

Reactions: John in LB
Which happens to be approximately the same timeline for new orders shown on the Tesla website. These SA's don't have any insider knowledge whatsoever, they are just regurgitating what information that's publicly available.
In fairness, regurgitation has allowed bird species to survive and even expand their existence over hundreds of thousands of years. Are we just seeing this 9 month delay with short sightedness?

Since Elon only talks meme language let’s all tweet him this 😂😂 (I made it)
7725782B-7DA9-4912-A4D1-1ACBAADC32B2.jpeg