Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
22's... handling is surprising for such a huge car. It feels slightly better than my old S, but I don't know how much of that is down to always leaving it on sport mode because it feels better with the yoke to me. I've been driving it like a grandma lately because apparently the "safety score" for FSD beta doesn't like my driving style at all 🤣
How’s the max range?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Definitely odd. I would call Tesla/SA and get status. Worst case, I would use their online chat to get status.
I keep calling that Fremont delivery center number but nobody answers, it just rings and rings and then automated message saying they are busy.... And I don't really have an SA, I placed my order online and nobody ever reached out to me.

• Funny
Reactions: sorka
I got a wide date range (Mar 10 -31) and then 9 days later I got the VIN.... Same day as I got the VIN my date range tightened up to (Mar 16 -22) maybe like 5 hours later or so....

But now my app got rid of the cards that you swipe through to complete tasks and I am not able to add proof of insurance... Not sure what's going on. All I have now is a link to go to my account on the website.
Thanks for the reply. Mine is currently 3/8 - 3/31 so still a wide range.

I agree they just don’t care, but I definitely sense profit margins are playing into pre-refresh orders not being delivered. Elon said there are interior trim part shortages causing ramp up delay. Yet they are and have been building / delivering new MX Plaid orders. Some older Plaid orders are beginning to see movement.

Just a hypothesis but I envision once Giga TX and Berlin are cranking out cars at volume they will start 2020 5/7 seat builds. The lower margin of 2020s will be offset by the high margin volume of Giga China, TX and Berlin. Engineers focus on math not right and wrong. In this case the math works. The earnings call will sound like “profit margins are at a record high now Giga China, Berlin and TX are all producing at capacity. There is a temporary dip in the Model X/S margins as we build legacy orders pre 2021 and early 2021. Once we clear the backlog we anticipate margins will rise as we focus on Model X/S at current market pricing”

”ps… we are canceling all cyber truck and roaster orders as we announce a refresh of these highly anticipated models.“ JK…. 🤣
You’ve thought longer about this than anyone there, soooo no way.

Remember that several original 6-seater, 2020 orders got their cars in the December push. It’s all about where you are and the trucks are going during that push.

There aren’t many of us pre-refresh orders. They can afford to swallow the margin compression on us.

As many know, I’m a 1.16.21 pre-refresh, original 6-seater LR order. I have a date range for the 3rd time and it seems to be sticking. If it doesn’t, I’ll do some tai chi.

January 2021 order date, 5 seat, white/cream, 20”. Date range today: 3/25-31, no VIN, central Florida.
58D1C394-B120-4436-963A-885088216BEE.jpeg

Providing a quick update on my MXP! I picked the car up on 2/23. As I drove off the lot, the display was flickering. Tesla took a look at it and told me I inserted an incompatible USB key as the issue was now resolved. The following morning the screen was flickering again and I drove it to the service center for an unscheduled appointment. They kept it a few days and concluded there was a firmware issue on the display... all firmware was re-installed and the issue was resolved. Picked up the car from service and the screen flickered again. Tesla kept the car for another week, escalated the issue to engineering, and brought out a field technician to assist in diagnosing the issue. Tesla determined the screen was defective from the factory, overnighted a replacement screen, installed it, and now everything works great. So even though I took delivery 2/23, in my mind, I really took delivery yesterday when I picked up the working car. What a hassle... but glad everything works now.

View attachment 778270

Just dropped the car off for full xpel ppf wrap and 20% tints all around; 70% on windshield. Painful to wait another week but in the end it will be worth it! One note: on inspection, the detailing shop told me they found silicon sealing the edge around the passenger side rear tail light and they won't be able to tuck the wrap around that light because of it. She said she had never seen that before on a Tesla and there may have been a leak. Does that sound right, and should I be concerned?

More photos and updates soon - so far, worth the wait!
Looks awesome, thanks for not sending pictures with FWD opened. I want to see and visualize the whole car. Thank you!

Reactions: TallBill
I got a wide date range (Mar 10 -31) and then 9 days later I got the VIN.... Same day as I got the VIN my date range tightened up to (Mar 16 -22) maybe like 5 hours later or so....

But now my app got rid of the cards that you swipe through to complete tasks and I am not able to add proof of insurance... Not sure what's going on. All I have now is a link to go to my account on the website.
Just call them and they can open it back up for you

Reactions: JER85
This is odd… in the app I no longer have those cards with the different options like delivery date, payment, insurance, accept, etc… all I have is a link to the online account……. Then in the online account I am missing the option to upload the proof of insurance. Has this happened to any one else?

View attachment 778178 View attachment 778179
Yeah VIN is still there... I am slightly worried that the VIN will be pulled.... But it's been like this for the last 4 days and I still show a VIN and the EDD has remained steady at Mar 16-22
Terminate the app completely and see if that fixes it. It did for me.

Reactions: JER85
Just call them and they can open it back up for you
I tried the chat on the website, but the person was no help... They just told me I had to contact my SC so I can email them the insurance proof.... she also gave me a phone number for them, but I think that kicks you to a main call center, I'll give it a shot a little later.
Terminate the app completely and see if that fixes it. It did for me.

Just gave that a shot but no luck... I even logged out, deleted the app, re-installed it and still the same.

• Informative
Reactions: Stro
Hi all... new to this thread, but not to the forums (spent most of the my time on the MYP thread)

Took delivery of my MYP a little over a week ago (black/black). Liked it so much that I ordered a MXP last Friday AM in the same colors (3/4). I know. I'm impulsive.

Current EDD still says "October"... but it seems like from parsing through this forum the MXPs have been delivering ahead of schedule while the LRs are taking quite a bit longer. Obviously a lot can change from Tesla's prioritization perspective, but any hot takes on when I might realistically expect a vehicle? My SA says that the delivery timing has been pretty accurate... but just from reading here that doesn't really seem like it's the case (FWIW, my MYP arrived at the very tail end of my original delivery window).

Hi all... new to this thread, but not to the forums (spent most of the my time on the MYP thread)

Took delivery of my MYP a little over a week ago (black/black). Liked it so much that I ordered a MXP last Friday AM in the same colors (3/4). I know. I'm impulsive.

Current EDD still says "October"... but it seems like from parsing through this forum the MXPs have been delivering ahead of schedule while the LRs are taking quite a bit longer. Obviously a lot can change from Tesla's prioritization perspective, but any hot takes on when I might realistically expect a vehicle? My SA says that the delivery timing has been pretty accurate... but just from reading here that doesn't really seem like it's the case (FWIW, my MYP arrived at the very tail end of my original delivery window).

This is funny. "My SA says that the delivery timing has been pretty accurate."

My hot take: It would be pretty hard to foresee your order making the 1st quarter push so probably not by end of March (although you never know).... But I could definitely see you getting delivery shortly after that or at the very latest by end of June when they do their second quarter push. But that's just pure speculation and an educated guess... as you probably gleamed from this thread, its all a crapshoot. you could get a VIN tomorrow or you could be waiting till October lol.

Reactions: Stro and BamaATL