Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I often see people ask what build someone has on order. I know that a lot of you look at this forum on a cell phone and in portrait mode signatures don't show, but if you turn your phone landscape then the signatures on people show up and most of us tell what we have on order in that signature. It will save you from asking a question to which the answer is already there.

I often see people ask what build someone has on order. I know that a lot of you look at this forum on a cell phone and in portrait mode signatures don't show, but if you turn your phone landscape then the signatures on people show up and most of us tell what we have on order in that signature. It will save you from asking a question to which the answer is already there.
Thanks for sharing this. Had no idea.

Reactions: Stro
This is because people are prematurely entering their scheduled delivery date as the delivery date, so in the summary page it counts that as a delivery. I cleared out the couple lines that shouldn't of had a delivery date yet since they were in the future.
Maybe call it Delivered Date then, since Delivery Date may be in the future? Or fix the math so future dates don’t count as delivered?

Dumb question for us newbies - how do you add a signature? Do you have to be a contributing member to get that ability or is it just bad UX?

Offer expired. With gas prices so
high EV demand is super high. Great time to trade in. Now I just need my edd to move up from July.

I hope so. Their current offer expires on Monday for me but I reached out to them and am waiting a call back because my car has an AP camera out and I don't want to be dinged with the trade in. Tesla owes me cameras but can't source them in time.

Two weeks for an inspection? And they still miss a good amount of issues. No chance they take more than a few days to actually inspect each car.
Well, that depends...

TeslaHelpWanted.png

Last edited:
Really trying to make sure I don't mess up my delivery. After reading about all of the problems with this car at delivery, I'm not willing to pre-pay before delivery or "accept" the car prior to inspecting everything.

1. Can I pay for the car during my delivery appointment (after inspecting it)? Tesla seems to suggest that I need to pay for the car prior to delivery.
1647619611082.png

2. Will I be able to inspect the inside of the car prior to accepting delivery? I have the delivery checklist and I'm concerned that the delivery person is going to be pushing me to accept before I'm able to go through the whole checklist.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
Really trying to make sure I don't mess up my delivery. After reading about all of the problems with this car at delivery, I'm not willing to pre-pay before delivery or "accept" the car prior to inspecting everything.

1. Can I pay for the car during my delivery appointment (after inspecting it)? Tesla seems to suggest that I need to pay for the car prior to delivery.
View attachment 782541
2. Will I be able to inspect the inside of the car prior to accepting delivery? I have the delivery checklist and I'm concerned that the delivery person is going to be pushing me to accept before I'm able to go through the whole checklist.
I spoke to the delivery rep and he let me know I can pay and sign docs after reviewing the car. My appt is at 6pm and it shows they close at 6, but he said they'd still be inside if I needed to talk to someone, otherwise it would be contactless.

I spoke to the delivery rep and he let me know I can pay and sign docs after reviewing the car. My appt is at 6pm and it shows they close at 6, but he said they'd still be inside if I needed to talk to someone, otherwise it would be contactless.
Mine is a home delivery. I didn't chose that, that's just what they are doing. Not sure if that matters but seems like they will not want to wait around for an hour while I check everything.

I hope so. Their current offer expires on Monday for me but I reached out to them and am waiting a call back because my car has an AP camera out and I don't want to be dinged with the trade in. Tesla owes me cameras but can't source them in time.

As an update, Tesla will honor their trade-in offers from 2/16 to end of quarter (30 day limit taken away) but I wanted a new offer and not just my last offer. They'll see if I warrant a new one and issue it. The "trade in team" is in charge of that process and not delivery. Hopefully a new offer isn't lower...

Mine is a home delivery. I didn't chose that, that's just what they are doing. Not sure if that matters but seems like they will not want to wait around for an hour while I check everything.
Actually, my BIL had a home delivery for his Y a month ago and he didn't pay until he was done inspecting the car and the SA that drove the car had to wait until my BIL finally gave him the check. He also answered questions too. They call for an Uber to drive them back so as long as you don't give them the payment, they cannot leave.

Reactions: Gigawat
Do you all have AP or FSD? Sitting on a 1/2/21 order of 6 seat LR

I had FSD on my account until early this week. I removed it because I have FSD on my current S and it is never going to be worth $10k+. I'll do monthly if it ever becomes worthwhile.

FWIW, since I had FSD from the beginning, I could remove it without issue. Now when I try to add FSD, it only charges $10k but it say it is irrevocable if you ok it.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Got a VIN today (7SAXCBE6XNF3367xx -updated spreadsheet). Leaving purgatory on the way to cloud 9 in Tesla heaven.😇

Thought this was likely to happen since other Chicago forum members were getting VINS last week when my EDD had changed to end of March at the same time. I'm amazed; was expecting October based on all the long wait times I've been reading until the high margin Plaid deliveries cranked up recently. Was not in a hurry since I had bought a 2021 MXLR in mid-December (traded in a 2019 Audi Q8) thinking it would be a transition car to learn the Tesla nuances; charging, FWD's, speed, ride, etc. and confirming I liked it enough before ordering the Plaid (which I did on January 4, 2022). Some of my concerns were alleviated by posts on this forum about the refresh improvements. Had those not been there, probably would not have moved forward.

While at the Milwaukee SC yesterday getting a few minor warranty items resolved, the advisor (who is awesome at his job) shared his feedback about the refresh X he has test driven and gave me another boost of confidence, his professional opinion was a lot of the marginal qualities of past year X's were solved and the refresh is on a whole new level.

Looking forward to getting my delivery date scheduled and will inspect with the checklist in hand (of course making sure the back seats where my teenagers sit are securely bolted down):D. Have a buddy who has been a multi-Tesla owner since 2016 to accompany me. Hoping for no issues between now and then but I've read the posts that odd things in the Tesla world do happen.

Stay tuned...will report back details and photos upon pick up and test drive.

Got it, very happy with the quality! There was like one or two really small issues… I’ll leave you guys with some pictures for now and come back later with a little review… since I have to do some work.

Attachments

• 2043FE0B-F3F3-4BA6-A4F1-51876634B5E7.jpeg
    2043FE0B-F3F3-4BA6-A4F1-51876634B5E7.jpeg
    902.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 1D0D7985-02A4-4EFD-ACBD-C022EB654652.jpeg
    1D0D7985-02A4-4EFD-ACBD-C022EB654652.jpeg
    642.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 90EE99B5-222B-4F0C-B419-5A5E6CB948AC.jpeg
    90EE99B5-222B-4F0C-B419-5A5E6CB948AC.jpeg
    533.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 72736125-0B2D-40B2-BED6-88C7065042D3.jpeg
    72736125-0B2D-40B2-BED6-88C7065042D3.jpeg