Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it, very happy with the quality! There was like one or two really small issues… I’ll leave you guys with some pictures for now and come back later with a little review… since I have to do some work.

Ok so the appointment went really well, it was seamless... the only problem was that they wouldn't allow me to open the car until I made the final payment which was a little annoying as I wanted to inspect it thoroughly first. no problem I just made the payment and then went out to the car.

- fit and finish was really good... falcon doors were lined up nicely, first thing I looked at were those door handles lol. There was a tiny little scratch on the back quarter panel, you have to look really closely to see it... I am not even going to bother reporting that, I will have the folks who are doing my wrap fix it, does not seem like a deep scratch at all.

- Interior was really good, some dirt on some of the seats which made me panick at first but then I was able to rub it off phew!

Ok so no the 2 issues:

- the panel behind rear window (not sure what its called) sticks out a little bit and looks weird... doesn't look right. Its in one of my pictures above. I put in a ticket for that... but the SA who I pointed it out to kind of told me it may be within spec lol, so I am expecting that

- passenger side falcon wing door only opens halfway and then I have to hold the override button so it can go all the way... SA told me it was because we were next to a pole at the SC, but it keeps happening everywhere. drivers side is perfectly fine.

So I put in a ticket for these 2 issues and mobile service is supposed to come to my house on the 26th (fingers crossed)

Ok so some of you might remember that I was kind of peeved because Tesla removed creep mode because my wife didn't like regen driving... Well it turns out its a none issue (pheeeewww!!) she drove the car home and she actually liked it after a few minutes, still a little rough but she is sure she will get used to it, it was only a 20 minute drive.

Love the yoke! and bonus my wife loved it too!!! I was worried about that. She loves the view out the front windshield and the dashboard display with no top of wheel there.. She loves the grip when driving on the highway.... It took her a few turns to get used to it but once she did she said it was great (took all of 20 minutes wow) needless to say I was shocked.. I thought this would be a bigger problem.

I have the new charge port and new tail litghts... Still on the old software like everyone else. I connected to home's wifi but nothing new to download.

- I signed up for a month of FSD, I figured what the heck for $199 I guess I'll try it for a bit. I would never pay the 12k for it though... Cameras are 93% calibrated so i'll try it later.

- Question for you guys do the back windows only go down 3/4 of the way? wanted to make sure it wasnt an issue (SA told me that's how they all are, but I trust you guys more lol.

-I have a 2 hour drive tomorrow morning so I will be doing some charging and other stuff

- And by the way I did get my 1,000 free super charger miles in my lootbox, came in automatically.

ok this is getting long so I'll stop here.. .if you guys have any suggestions about my falcon wing door issue let me know.... and any questions please shoot it my way.

I'll be picking mine up as well on 3/25! I'm picking up at the Westmont, IL SC. 2021 VIN - looking forward to it. LR 6 seater, grey exterior, white interior.

I got a VIN assigned 3/8 and received notice that the X was en route late on the 16th. Probably on a train somewhere on the BNSF as we speak!

Funny enough, within seconds of my clicking on the delivery checklist on this forum, I got the text to schedule delivery. For the superstitious out there, this may work for you too!
Not the BNSF, but the UP. Here is where your baby will land in West Chicago, (Note the X that should have been mine in the front row...)

1647625608122.png

1647625508029.png

Ok so the appointment went really well, it was seamless... the only problem was that they wouldn't allow me to open the car until I made the final payment which was a little annoying as I wanted to inspect it thoroughly first. no problem I just made the payment and then went out to the car.

- fit and finish was really good... falcon doors were lined up nicely, first thing I looked at were those door handles lol. There was a tiny little scratch on the back quarter panel, you have to look really closely to see it... I am not even going to bother reporting that, I will have the folks who are doing my wrap fix it, does not seem like a deep scratch at all.

- Interior was really good, some dirt on some of the seats which made me panick at first but then I was able to rub it off phew!

Ok so no the 2 issues:

- the panel behind rear window (not sure what its called) sticks out a little bit and looks weird... doesn't look right. Its in one of my pictures above. I put in a ticket for that... but the SA who I pointed it out to kind of told me it may be within spec lol, so I am expecting that

- passenger side falcon wing door only opens halfway and then I have to hold the override button so it can go all the way... SA told me it was because we were next to a pole at the SC, but it keeps happening everywhere. drivers side is perfectly fine.

So I put in a ticket for these 2 issues and mobile service is supposed to come to my house on the 26th (fingers crossed)

Ok so some of you might remember that I was kind of peeved because Tesla removed creep mode because my wife didn't like regen driving... Well it turns out its a none issue (pheeeewww!!) she drove the car home and she actually liked it after a few minutes, still a little rough but she is sure she will get used to it, it was only a 20 minute drive.

Love the yoke! and bonus my wife loved it too!!! I was worried about that. She loves the view out the front windshield and the dashboard display with no top of wheel there.. She loves the grip when driving on the highway.... It took her a few turns to get used to it but once she did she said it was great (took all of 20 minutes wow) needless to say I was shocked.. I thought this would be a bigger problem.

I have the new charge port and new tail litghts... Still on the old software like everyone else. I connected to home's wifi but nothing new to download.

- I signed up for a month of FSD, I figured what the heck for $199 I guess I'll try it for a bit. I would never pay the 12k for it though... Cameras are 93% calibrated so i'll try it later.

- Question for you guys do the back windows only go down 3/4 of the way? wanted to make sure it wasnt an issue (SA told me that's how they all are, but I trust you guys more lol.

-I have a 2 hour drive tomorrow morning so I will be doing some charging and other stuff

- And by the way I did get my 1,000 free super charger miles in my lootbox, came in automatically.

ok this is getting long so I'll stop here.. .if you guys have any suggestions about my falcon wing door issue let me know.... and any questions please shoot it my way.
I'd say don't rent the $200 FSD yet, people have been waiting for months to get into the program so may be paying the $200 for only partial functionality like lane changes. You might get lucky though.

Heh same boat as you!
my order is white on white too... 20" wheels for the extra range.. I like the looks of the 22" but range is critical for me.. I may even go with the lightweight 20" from Unplugged Performance UP-03.. Not sure yet.. Have not seen any reports of range and/or track times with those wheels compared to stock. I'd think that lighter wheel should mean more range and faster track times..

I spoke to the delivery rep and he let me know I can pay and sign docs after reviewing the car. My appt is at 6pm and it shows they close at 6, but he said they'd still be inside if I needed to talk to someone, otherwise it would be contactless.
I would definitely not do an appointment at 6pm. Do it earlier in the day, when technicians are around to assist you. They can adjust, clean up any glue/scuffs right on the spot. Also, they can advise you as to what should be done for more significant issues.

I did a pick up in January and technicians were extremely important to the process.

I would definitely not do an appointment at 6pm. Do it earlier in the day, when technicians are around to assist you. They can adjust, clean up any glue/scuffs right on the spot. Also, they can advise you as to what should be done for more significant issues.

I did a pick up in January and technicians were extremely important to the process.
I agree with this 100% We picked up our M3 LR in Cincy a few years back right as the sun was going down. It looked pretty good but when we got back to Louisville next day in good lighting, we found several things we could have pointed out at delivery. my MX LR will be picked up in full sunlight!

Reactions: lsds
It is so wonderful to see spring coming and the recent flood of VINners and actual delivered refreshed X's without major issues! The energy is good and positive here. In fact I've never seen it so good. Makes me want to do a brief recap of the past 1385 pages from my perspective,

- Pre refresh times. What is a model X? Oh, it is that oversized Tesla you always see parked at the supercharger because it has free lifetime supercharging, a crappy range, and a top charging speed of 85 Kw?
- Hey, this car will hold everything I want, and haul the entire family. That would be cool. But it isn't as technically advanced as my Model 3. Well, maybe someday...
- They are going to refresh the model X? No! Yes! No! Yes! No! Yes! Yes! Yes!
- Ok, really cool! Going to be tough with the line shut down for two weeks. What do you think the odds are that it could stretch into a month?
- What are the chances it could stretch into another month?
- Hmmm.... I really should order this new fangled X. Might as well order a 7-seater as they will be the first ones out.
- Join this thread. Maybe I can hang out for a month or two while I wait for the starship. Seems to be a nice mix of folks here...
- Hey! Someone got a VIN. (Oh wait. Just kidding....) @John in LB
- @EV_LIFE is sure a positive sort!
- Hey I have a VIN. (Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.) @sunnyvaletree
- What? It is real? This beast actually exists? And we have proof! Holy cow!!!
- Wow, just a handful of LR 6 seaters is all that is coming out. Wonder where the Plaid's are?
- Wow, just a handful of LR 6 seaters is all that is coming out. Wonder where the Plaid's are?
- Is Tesla going to actually make the Plaid X?
- Who is this @Stro guy? Could you imagine him with a bit of personality?
- Holy crap! The Plaid X is real. (And real fast) Turns out you can have it in any configuration you want as long as it is 6 seats.
- I find out that there is a real world 7 seat Model X refresh parked at a SC in downtown Chicago. (Sound of a model 3 driving down the tollway well above the speed limit.) Yep. There it is. Locked, but as I peer in, there are indeed 7 seats!
- More Plaids, more of the variety formerly known as "LR", but all in 6 seats...
- More Plaids, more of the variety formerly known as "LR", but all in 6 seats...
- July? What do you mean July. (Sound of heart sinking)
- Looks like 5 seat cars are finally going out!!! Maybe there is hope yet. After all, I am on record as volunteering for the first 7 seat delivery. :)
- Please stay tuned. It is about the journey, not the destination. What a journey it is. But I hear the destination is worth it!

Thank you everyone for being on this adventure!