Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X LR said "prepare for delivery". I put my order at 7/29. It was not "prepare for delivery" yet this morning.
I'm living in the New England area. We normally drive 300 miles (round trip) to a ski resort, so I chose the 20" tire for a longer range.
My only hesitation is about the full self-driving. Did you guys order it? Do you think it is worth it? Under what kind of circumstance you will use full self-driving?

1633067549186.png

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
My X LR said "prepare for delivery". I put my order at 7/29. It was not "prepare for delivery" yet this morning.
I'm living in the New England area. We normally drive 300 miles (round trip) to a ski resort, so I chose the 20" tire for a longer range.
My only hesitation is about the full self-driving. Did you guys order it? Do you think it is worth it? Under what kind of circumstance you will use full self-driving?

View attachment 716604
What does your EDD show?

It said January 2022 two weeks ago. I did not check that frequently since I was expecting next year delivery. Actually, I registered for this forum yesterday. FYI, as I checked the order status yesterday, it asked for trade-in and loan updates. I think I can see a delivery date once the loan is approved.
Maybe the loan approval expired. Last time i got same thing and it was just that.

View attachment 716604

I use self driving on road trips and when I get frustrated with the traffic around me. I‘m looking forward to the features in the FSD Beta making it to wide release to make it better off-highway (e.g. make a turn at a red light or stop sign). I‘m in the burbs and I don’t go downtown enough to care much about inner-city driving. (My wife doesn’t like it, feeling it’s more stressful to actively monitor it than drive herself, FWIW.)

All that said, I’m expecting a price increase on FSD when these latest features come out of beta. So I wouldn’t be that committed to lock it in to my X build until/unless the next price increase hits or the FSD beta features go to wide release. I have it on my reservation at the moment, but may drop it if those things don’t happen before delivery. I’d be ok paying or subscribing separately when the beta release comes to pass. (Hopefully it won’t be that much longer but who knows?)

Minivans really are a killer application of electric
Well, Mercedes and Ford have vans forthcoming - not so sure about the "mini" part.

Mercedes: Mercedes-Benz EQV Electric Van First Drive: What Tesla Lacks, M-B Offers

Ford: https://www.ford.ca/commercial-trucks/e-transit/2022/

To be honest, I thought that Ford was introducing the smaller van as a people carrier - the Transit Connect.

Let's see how long it takes Rivian to put out something. I'm hesitant to say that Chrysler or Honda are likely to come out with something other than a hybrid for a while.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr

"The vehicles do not seem to be release candidates as they are fitted with protective wraps. " 🥰

Don't cancel your order, just don't take delivery if it comes to that. Who knows, if the price goes up again before delivery you may want to take possession and sell it. You're out the deposit anyway.
I am not keeping my Jan ordered X most likely as bought a used X late 2020 model in May of 21. Couldn't wait.

I looked into keeping an selling as I'm 12k under new price with the 2k bonus on the first increase and 0 on the second.

But... Still have to pay 5.5% tax on the sale. Then ALSO have to Capital Gains Tax on the gained amount. Didn't think it was such, but can't write off the loss on a car but still have to pay tax on a gain. Normally that doesn't occur so people don't think about it. But if going to play this game, remember the taxes will cut into your profits alot.

"The vehicles do not seem to be release candidates as they are fitted with protective wraps. " 🥰
The last fly-by sighting over a week ago also had spotted protective wrap covered X’s- 1 black & 1 white if I remember correctly. Anyone hear what came of them or perhaps these pics include them too? BTW- Do they release in such small numbers?

View attachment 716604
I use FSD every day on our Model Y
Edit: clarification: we bought FSD and I use the limited features non-beta-testers currently have, every day. In fact I use it so much it’s sometimes funny—like turn a corner and there’s a few hundred feet to the next turn: doesn’t matter, autopilot engaged. 🤓🤪🤣

I got a feeling the early ordered MX is gonna get delivered with the older or left over batteries when the 2nd batch is probably coming with the new 4860 batteries (more range, faster charging etc)
Zero chance of that. 4680s will require a full redesign of the chassis and battery pack. the 4680s will go into the Y/3 and CT. Will have to wait for the next refresh of the S/X for 4680s. It will be many years away.
My only hesitation is about the full self-driving. Did you guys order it? Do you think it is worth it? Under what kind of circumstance you will use full self driving?
It is all about your expectations. Have you used Autopilot? If not, go test drive a 3/Y and try it out. If you find it valuable, then go for it. But I can promise that you ACTUAL FSD (ie you can leave your house and reach your destination without touching the steering wheel) is at least 10 years away. Autopilot will remain an L2 Driver Assistance package for the foreseeable future. Again, if you like what Autopilot does today, then by all means purchase FSD. But if you are expecting to actually get FSD with your purchase you will be disappointed.

Also, does the ski resort have L2 charging? It will be very difficult if not impossible to do a 300-mile round trip in an X in the Winter.