Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The full car. I supposed I could have just done the front to protect from rock chips, etc. But my S got impacts in all sorts of weird, random places from, well, just having kids around it.

Granted, I never paid attention to any of this stuff before I started driving Teslas, so...(shrug)...

Bruce.
Full car xpel ppf and full tinting as well followed by ceramic coating in and out.

Last edited:
Looks gorgeous. I can’t believe Canada is getting the refresh before Florida… 🥹
I was shocked when I received a call from California probably about 2 weeks ago to confirm that payment was to be in full. Prior to the call my edd was August 2022 for my original order date of November 2020. After the call, spoke to my SA in Toronto the following day which then confirmed I received a vin and my vehicle was on route. April 08 build and vin is 339xxx. Red, white 5 seater LR.

Last edited:
Can someone point me to the spreadsheet so I can update my details. Thanks
:)

:)
Thanks kindly...updated

Welp, now there’s a Hail Mary option for getting a model X…..

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Isn’t this what basic navigation does?
Apparently not. I don’t have my Tesla yet, stil waiting…., but based on this video the premium connectivity does adjust for traffic jams.

The concept makes sense when you think about it from a perspective of cellular data.

For instance, an old 2010 car would not have a cellular modem installed. The maps on an old GPS were built in based off of an offline local copy. I remember back in the day car dealers would try to sell you a CD set of offline maps to update your GPS with new or modified roads.

To update with live traffic information your car needs to have an active cellular service "Premium Connectivity" to constantly check for the latest travel traffic/times. Its a data plan for your car.

My understanding is premium connectivity will allow you to SEE the traffic jams on the map.

Without premium connectivity, navigation will still take traffic into account and reroute you accordingly, depending on your pain tolerance you listed in your navigation settings, something like don't reroute or reroute if it'll save you x minutes, you just won't be able to see the visualization on the map.

Cliffs: no matter what packages you have, fsd vs not, premium vs not, the car accounts for traffic.

Last edited:
My understanding is premium connectivity will allow you to SEE the traffic jams on the map.

Without premium connectivity, navigation will still take traffic into account and reroute you accordingly, depending on your pain tolerance you listed in your navigation settings, something like don't reroute or reroute if it'll save you x minutes, you just won't be able to see the visualization on the map.

Cliffs: no matter what packages you have, fsd vs not, premium vs not, the car accounts for traffic.
This is how they get you on subscription. I have hot spot on my phone that can tether and wifi when parked at home, yet most cars requires mothly fee, special feature fee (FSD), dash cam subscription fee , emergency subscription fee etc......and if you have multiple vehicles, it all adds up to $$$

Last edited:
The concept makes sense when you think about it from a perspective of cellular data.

For instance, an old 2010 car would not have a cellular modem installed. The maps on an old GPS were built in based off of an offline local copy. I remember back in the day car dealers would try to sell you a CD set of offline maps to update your GPS with new or modified roads.

To update with live traffic information your car needs to have an active cellular service "Premium Connectivity" to constantly check for the latest travel traffic/times. Its a data plan for your car.
Unfortunately, I have not had a Tesla since I sold my model X over a year ago waiting for the refresh. So, I cannot comment on navigation in its current state, but I know Google maps and Apple Maps both allow for live rerouting. They are both free.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Unfortunately, I have not had a Tesla since I sold my model X over a year ago waiting for the refresh. So, I cannot comment on navigation in its current state, but I know Google maps and Apple Maps both allow for live rerouting. They are both free.
Not sure about the modem thing BUT my 2016 shows traffic and does reroutes. It may be a function of my lifetime premium connection but either way it works.

This is how they get you on subscription. I have hot spot on my phone that can tether and wifi when parked at home, yet most cars requires mothly fee, special feature fee (FSD), dash cam subscription fee , emergency subscription fee etc......and if you have multiple vehicles, it all adds up to $$$
That is the crux of the offsets in determining whether to give up lifetime premium connectivity/supercharging for faster charging times, greater distance and other upgraded features.😗

Reactions: croman