Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh for sure but if it wasn’t for seeing that new EDD I would have purchased it on the spot and not miss my current X. I’ll wait for the X for now but if it slips again or if I take delivery and I have the creaky squeaky build quality of the X I have now I will sell it, buy the X7 and be done with Tesla. They now have the worst customer experience of any similarly priced manufacturer that I’ve ever experienced.
I hope you receive a really good Model X.

At least in general the photos on the forum in the past few weeks have been, on average, much improved (with some that looked pretty much flawless).

Reactions: ironwill96
Yet another 7 seater data point. At least two months away, but I feel a lot better now than I felt waking up this morning. Looks like Tesla will eventually get to us all!

View attachment 807044
This kinda indicates a rhyme and reason fo Tesla’s edd assignment. You’re same specs as me, RN…49 a well with a OD of about a week ahead of mine. I’m May first week OD and my edd range is July 20-Sept 14; a week ahead of yours. Interesting.

Reactions: EV3_
OK. So I missed some of that. The charger adapter is a plug that fits into the receptacle on the rear of the X. Just plug it in. Then there's a fairly thick long cable. Then you have another plug/adapter that attaches to a plug that fits into a 240 volt (or 120 volt) receptacle of some sort. The one I have (came with the 2018 XLR 100d) has a plug that looks like a dryer or electric oven plug. Which parts of these components 'don't fit the new mobile charger'? I expect to hang onto the old charger because it's already installed in my garage.
Also expect to hang onto the sunshade that came with the 2018 X.
The mobile charger that came with my 2022 Plaid X is different from my 2016. The part that the adapters fit into before you plug it into the outlet is different and the older plug adapters do not fit into the new mobile charger. The new charger comes with a different configuration but does come with a pigtail insert for standard 3 prong plugs. (If you didn’t buy any plug adapters for your old Tesla, this is a non-issue because the 2022 mobile charger only comes with one standard 3 prong adapter. The adapter that inserts between the car and the non-Tesla charging stations still works fine but that was an additional purchase and is not included with the 2022 mobile charger.)
I can take pix if it would be clearer.

Reactions: Wilbo and lexus26
The mobile charger that came with my 2022 Plaid X is different from my 2016. The part that the adapters fit into before you plug it into the outlet is different and the older plug adapters do not fit into the new mobile charger. The new charger comes with a different configuration but does come with a pigtail insert for standard 3 prong plugs. (If you didn’t buy any plug adapters for your old Tesla, this is a non-issue because the 2022 mobile charger only comes with one standard 3 prong adapter. The adapter that inserts between the car and the non-Tesla charging stations still works fine but that was an additional purchase and is not included with the 2022 mobile charger.)
I can take pix if it would be clearer.
mobile connector v1 vs v2

Reactions: Redmiata98
This kinda indicates a rhyme and reason fo Tesla’s edd assignment. You’re same specs as me, RN…49 a well with a OD of about a week ahead of mine. I’m May first week OD and my edd range is July 20-Sept 14; a week ahead of yours. Interesting.
Yea seeing a clear pattern seeing both your ranges. My order was right in the middle of yours Guys’, a june 2021 order and I have a Sep 10th-nov 19th date range.

Oh for sure but if it wasn’t for seeing that new EDD I would have purchased it on the spot and not miss my current X. I’ll wait for the X for now but if it slips again or if I take delivery and I have the creaky squeaky build quality of the X I have now I will sell it, buy the X7 and be done with Tesla. They now have the worst customer experience of any similarly priced manufacturer that I’ve ever experienced.
We took the delivery of the X5 45e two weeks ago. This is coming from someone who used to have all BMWs, switched to M3, then bought solar and powerwall for two houses, all-in on TSLA stocks (80-90% of our net worth), ordered MX LR Feb 2021. We love our X5. We will take delivery of the MX LR, whenever we get it, and most likely will sell it afterwards.