Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up 5 seat mx this morning. Surpassed any expectation I had coming from a 2018 X. This truly is a major upgrade. Yoke is great and easy, turn signals take 5 min to get used to. I've had 5 people drive it already and all had no issue with yoke or signals whatsoever. No major complaints.

Interesting points:
- The AC system is 10x better than the old X. Instant cold air.
- The ride quality is way better
- Road / tire noise is negligible. So quiet.
- Sound system is greatly improved but still rattles from subwoofer (my only real issue with car)
- Rear screen seems useless but have rear passengers be able to control AC or music makes a huge difference.
- Swivel screen is cool but not worth rejecting delivery over. (its not that big of a deal)
- ventilated seats are amazing
- Display is way better and more responsive
- backup camera quality seems poor compared to old X
- rear seats seem more comfortable than my old 5 seat X
- Way faster than old X LR
- Not sure how to describe it but the car just feels more solid and well put together.

Quality:
- Overall the quality was good. 6/10 based on what I have seen. The issues below are minor.
- Car was pretty dirty on outside, inside was clean except for glass was nasty
- Panel gaps not great (like other X's I've seen on here) but not that big of a deal to me. may ask to adjust left FWD
- Front driver seat has lost of creasing and folds but hopefully will fix itself over time.
- small dent on spoiler
- several small paint imperfections but not worried about them
- interior trim not snapped in all the way (I got to help assemble the car haha)
- interior trim has lots of adhesive residue.
- My only real issue I hope to address is a rattle from a clip near the subwoofer. Had the same issue on my old X.

I will try and think of more feedback worth sharing. Btw my wait was 461 days :)

Dang. You have endured more trials and tribulations on your journey to get your new starship than most people. It is clear the one you want. Is it worth waiting for? Only you can know that answer.
I had originally ordered white with a plan to wrap. Then I found out white isn't the best color to wrap because the white can show through. Changed to blue. I'm going to like that better, but honestly, the white grew on me.
No matter what, I want to see you get your car, and it would be cool if you were satisfied with it. After waiting so long, I'd hate to see you settle for something you would regret. (But with your luck, the uncertainty would cause a problem later..)

A lot of conflicting words. But as for me, I would take the sure thing white...
"Conflicted" is a good way to describe this situation. I was on the road when I got the update on the black (vs. my VIN'ed white). As soon as I got home this afternoon, my wife says: "Yeah - I mean, you've waited this long, get the one you want". She's much wiser than me and is generally right in all regards. That said, I'd be totally happy either way, but will ponder this a few more days. Not sayin' I'm gonna', but IIIFFFF I decide to play with fire, can you all feed my laziness? I know the answers are in here somewhere, but a few questions:

If you decide to punt (delay), how is this typically done? Verbally tell your SA? Is this done in lieu of scheduling a delivery date or prior to that point? Can you specify how long you want to delay delivery? I think I heard one month?

Also, if there is a chance you will be out of town, I think I have read of people appointing power of attorney to someone who can take delivery for you - correct?

Sorry and thanks in advance!

Woke up to a VIN today: 7SAXCBE62NF3434XX
Seems my EDD is this week May 24-27. I'll be headed to Montana on Friday, so hopefully before then!
White on black Plaid, 6 seater, 20" wheels, no FSD.
Ordered on 11/15/2021.

I'm trading in a 2021 MY and received a quote for $56,000 (around $61,000 including taxes saved). That's about $3k more than I paid for the car a year ago.

The MY has 42,000 miles currently and a scuff on the front bumper, a scratch on the rear liftgate, and a few cracks on the windshield. Looks like Tesla trade-in isn't all too concerned with verifying the condition of the car? Or am I going to get dinged $1400 for a new windshield?
That’s insane. I have a brand new model y performance with 7k miles (perfect condition). And my trade in offer was 58k.

So I had scheduled a test drive in a BMW X7 M50 for this morning after they moved my EDD through next year. All I can say is what an SUV. The quilted leather seats were amazing and even the third row had good room (better than my X). Almost whisper quiet on the road and no wind noise. Suspension was super smooth. Everything was way better than my current X. I just happened to look at my app after the test drive to see my date move to an August range.
A neighbor of mine had a BMW X7, then he got a Tesla M3, then some time later, he got rid of the BMW for a model Y, then had Tesla solar installed. The nail is on the coffin for ICE cars in some parts

It’s the other way around for me. Tesla’s offer for my 2016X90D is miles ahead of carvana, vroom etc.
Tesla was pretty close to carmax for me as far as trade in offer.

My EDD continues to slip - now June 7-11. Called the delivery line again and he said new arrival date they see to Charlotte is June 1. He refused to tell me where it is and said they’re only allowed to say it’s “in transit”. When I mentioned that a prior rep had given me more info he said “it’s on the way to Birmingham Alabama right now” so I guess it’s slowly making its way across the country.

Birmingham isn’t that far from Charlotte so it’s surprising it will take another 10 days to transit by train/truck.

Like everyone else, I went to Dec 22 - March 23 the other day from July. But woke up this morning to June 15 - July 20. We will see, but good news for LR 7 seaters.

5/1/21 order date, LR, 7 seats, 20", full FSD, black, black, pay in full, no trade-in, Washington DC area
Yes, I can attest to this. A lot of us 7 seaters got a date range.

I got one too!!

June 15th to July 27th! Orders 4/15/21 from Bay Area, CA. 😁😁😁😁😁

Hoping for a VIN to follow soon!

A neighbor of mine had a BMW X7, then he got a Tesla M3, then some time later, he got rid of the BMW for a model Y, then had Tesla solar installed. The nail is on the coffin for ICE cars in some parts
Oh for sure but if it wasn’t for seeing that new EDD I would have purchased it on the spot and not miss my current X. I’ll wait for the X for now but if it slips again or if I take delivery and I have the creaky squeaky build quality of the X I have now I will sell it, buy the X7 and be done with Tesla. They now have the worst customer experience of any similarly priced manufacturer that I’ve ever experienced.

• Love
Reactions: Wooly1 and neo1738
Just called Tesla and they told me my LR is still stuck in California. My EDD 27 - 31 date will definitely be pushed back. Doesn't look i'll be getting mine next week. Anyone else getting a delivery before end of this month in the NYC area?
Yeah, my delivery appointment was set for 5/29, but they emailed me that the car is expected on the 24th and I should upload insurance ASAP so they can “pull you forward if available.”