Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the VIN! I also have a "price will be adjusted upon VIN assignment" clause on my account before it gets final. Definitely contact your SA to see if they can do that before you make any payment, hopefully the updated amount will be reflected on the MVPA and on your payment screen as well. I'm curious if they are able to resolve this promised price update fairly quickly, please keep us updated!
Called the “888” number, mentioned “final payment amount” to the machine and asked for the callback. They called back in 6 minutes and said that the final price adjustment will be made 72 hrs before delivery time. I asked should i expect an SMS or email but the guy said to “watch the mobile app”.
Here we go.

Called the “888” number, mentioned “final payment amount” to the machine and asked for the callback. They called back in 6 minutes and said that the final price adjustment will be made 72 hrs before delivery time. I asked should i expect an SMS or email but the guy said to “watch the mobile app”.
Here we go.
Ah ok I see. thanks for letting me know! Sorry which 888 number if you dont mind me asking? I will have to do the same, eventually when my car comes. So in the meantime you dont pay as of yet, until the app updates I assume. Then see updated pricing, and pay after. Would make sense then.

tesla's insurance standards? are they using analytics to base your insurance cost? i know it's possible i just wasn't aware they actually do that. i considered tesla insurance and would save some, but this was one of the reasons why i didn't is that they may base my rate with analytics. not that i drive reckless but i'm more "flow of traffic" kind of person. honestly, these cars are too fun. driving to las vegas with the up hills, smiling ear to ear.

i do have state farm and it's not the most affordable though not the most expensive but we have it bundled with our home insurance so we get added discount. one of the biggest surprises i got was how affordable insurance is. not sure where you have your home insurance but see if you can bundle and get a discount. our M3LR and MYLR cost about $150 each/monthly, $500 deductible, coverage against people w/o insurance, car rental (i think up to $50 daily) - that's all i can remember off the top of my head. in comparison, my prius was$118 i think with the same coverage. this is in california though so it may seem higher (or not).

on a side not, says you're from chicago. we used to live there when i was a kid (jarvis & sheridan). i miss chicago.
I'm in the FSD beta que and Tesla has given me a safety score. It's amazing the stuff you get away with and can still get a 98 or 99 score. I can accelerate as fast as I want - it doesn't penalize me at all. You can also speed, run red lights, and run stop signs. Ohh - you don' have to use turn signals, they could care less. Here's the big four that'll get your score knocked down:
Hard Braking - don't slam on your breaks to hard - they perceive this as a safety risk and dangerous driving (even if someone pulls out in front of you and you have to slam on your brakes) Best way around this is to super cautious of what's going on ahead of you. Leave plenty braking distance between you and the next car.
Unsafe following - This goes hand in hand with hard braking. If you, by nature love to tailgate you will have a terrible safety score. If you follow closely at high speeds, you get penalized more because your braking distance is less.
Aggressive turning - They penalize you on this one because it's a perceived danger to turn quickly (unsteady and unpredictable) I've had this one hurt my score by dodging a pothole or something and notice it later.
Auto lane/ auto brake corrections - self explanatory. If you are running off the road or about to hit another car and the car has to step in.

• Informative
Reactions: w1n78 and KidsEyeDr
186CB6A6-9E6B-4119-86D7-1B7C1817B5C1.jpeg

Let’s go!!

Kind of an off topic question. I’m planning to trade in my 2019 M3 when I eventually receive the X. The issue is that I wrapped my 3 with a satin red 3M (original color was black). I could get it restored to the original color before the trade in happens but I was wondering if anyone here traded in a wrapped car and how that process went.

Woke up to a VIN today: 7SAXCBE62NF3434XX
Seems my EDD is this week May 24-27. I'll be headed to Montana on Friday, so hopefully before then!
White on black Plaid, 6 seater, 20" wheels, no FSD.
Ordered on 11/15/2021.

I'm trading in a 2021 MY and received a quote for $56,000 (around $61,000 including taxes saved). That's about $3k more than I paid for the car a year ago.

The MY has 42,000 miles currently and a scuff on the front bumper, a scratch on the rear liftgate, and a few cracks on the windshield. Looks like Tesla trade-in isn't all too concerned with verifying the condition of the car? Or am I going to get dinged $1400 for a new windshield?

So I had scheduled a test drive in a BMW X7 M50 for this morning after they moved my EDD through next year. All I can say is what an SUV. The quilted leather seats were amazing and even the third row had good room (better than my X). Almost whisper quiet on the road and no wind noise. Suspension was super smooth. Everything was way better than my current X. I just happened to look at my app after the test drive to see my date move to an August range.

• Informative
Reactions: sukhi and jkhanesq
So I had scheduled a test drive in a BMW X7 M50 for this morning after they moved my EDD through next year. All I can say is what an SUV. The quilted leather seats were amazing and even the third row had good room (better than my X). Almost whisper quiet on the road and no wind noise. Suspension was super smooth. Everything was way better than my current X. I just happened to look at my app after the test drive to see my date move to an August range.
bmw's are great until the warranty and free maintenance runs out.