Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here changing mind on buying x?
1654880524047.jpeg
Anyone here changing mind on buying x?

Not just short people. I am 5' 11" and I like the unobstructed view. With that said, I wish the car had a HUD with speed, next turn direction and distance, and alerts projected on the windshield. I loved that in my BMW X. It keeps yours eyes on the road where they should be.
Agreed! At 6”4” I’m going to also like the unobstructed view. Love the HUD we have had on all our BMW and asked about it when we got our 2019 M3P. Elon has said NO to HUD as it is his goal to eventually remove the steering wheel and pedals. Sure would be nice though; love HUD.

People are free to like what they like, but I have to chime in here. The only view that is obstructed by a steering wheel is of the dash. If a steering wheel is obscuring the windshield you either have the seat too low, the wheel too high, or both. Seriously people, it's like we've suddenly forgot how we've been driving for 120 years.....
Recently saw a PBS show that dealt with Juan Trippe and TWA. In the late 1930s TWA flew from Alameda in San Francisco Bay to China. They flew the China Clipper over the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate, both then under construction. The films were amazing. Anyway, at that time the airplane's 'wheel' was actually a steering wheel. Really. The wheel eventually evolved to a yoke and sticks (the C-17 has a stick) and little hand controllers (on Airbus aircraft). I've had my XLR for less than a week and have to say that the yoke is the bomb. Love it.

Loved driving a four-on-the-floor. Had a Lexus RX with the CVST. Loved that.too. Times change. Now ride an eBike with a carbon belt drive and a Constant Variable Speed Hub. Don't miss all of the crazy shifting - and the expensive annual maintenance. Just ride the thing. Just drive the Tesla.

And -- also have a Green Mountain Grill. It uses wood pellets for fuel. Love the thing. Typical price for pellets at COSTCO is sixty cents per pound. A bit less at Walmart. now COSTCO has their own brand at thirty two cents per pound. Great price.

My bet is that the next big thing you'll see at COSTCO is a lane of charging stations. And they'll charge significantly less than the forty cents per kilowatt hour that the gougers charge. Any bets???

for those of you who have updated your design, I reached out to change my wheels from 22” to 20” and here’s the response I got. Should I do it?

“Thank you for reaching out. For US orders, customers can make changes without being updated to current base pricing however design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will be impacted.”

Stock is getting crushed and consumer sentiments are plummeting. Anyone here changing mind on buying x?
I'm hedging by having a R1S and an iX both on order. Since I'm on day 459, my expectations are non-existent! I really don't know what to expect from Tesla with all of the EDD changes since the original order...

Hey all... it's been a bit since I posted. Still loving my X. No major issues or qualms at all. It's a great car.

I do have a question for this crew. Until yesterday, I didn't even realize that the area under the wireless phone chargers lit up with P N D etc. Mine did it for the first time. Then this morning it did it again. BUT, it's completely random. Am I missing something? When does this come on versus not? Is this an issue with my car?
I think I’ve only noticed them light up now and then, but I rarely look down there because I find swiping easy.

for those of you who have updated your design, I reached out to change my wheels from 22” to 20” and here’s the response I got. Should I do it?

“Thank you for reaching out. For US orders, customers can make changes without being updated to current base pricing however design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will be impacted.”
If that is what you want, then yes. I would guess the 20-inch are more common than 22s, so your schedule might actually improve.

Reactions: Ryan.Sterling
Agreed! At 6”4” I’m going to also like the unobstructed view. Love the HUD we have had on all our BMW and asked about it when we got our 2019 M3P. Elon has said NO to HUD as it is his goal to eventually remove the steering wheel and pedals. Sure would be nice though; love HUD.
The day the steering wheel and pedals are removed is the day I stop buying Tesla!

Original 6 seat order here Feb ‘21. I got VIN’d 1.5 weeks ago. Delivery Saturday. But typing this makes me nervous…tempting fate
Found my car in the “delivery lot” next to the service center (aka another office parking lot). Exterior looks almost perfect. Only 2 minor noticeable issues 1) driverside door and FWD slightly misaligned and 2) bumper trim near headlight slightly protruding near hood. Might ask about the door but oh I’ll take it!

878BF5CB-1224-4F41-9263-C145D1072509.jpeg

how long did they take before responding? My txt with SA is getting nowhere. lol He/she is answering my questions from 5 days ago now. (many more followed with no reply yet)

Found my car in the “delivery lot” next to the service center (aka another office parking lot). Exterior looks almost perfect. Only 2 minor noticeable issues 1) driverside door and FWD slightly misaligned and 2) bumper trim near headlight slightly protruding near hood. Might ask about the door but oh I’ll take it!

View attachment 815051
Awesome looking car! You’ve got to be excited. I love red. My order is red with black interior. Plaid. 20. FSD.

Reactions: Elixir

View attachment 815051
Marylander!!!! Was there any Blue Xs?